Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
    thanks sconix. I'll wait a bit. This is a great patch.
    love the patches great work. Is it possible the renamed apps can also appear renamed in universal search as well please. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    ..... I have 11 pages now......
    Rob
    Wow can I ask how are your pages arranged. How many apps max do you have on each? I want to redo my pages but don't want to go overboard.
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by rdeleon774 View Post
    love the patches great work. Is it possible the renamed apps can also appear renamed in universal search as well please. Thank you.
    And why I did not remember this... Will do for next release. So then the original name should only show up in the app info. Hopefully haven't missed any other place. So no places that use the renamed: all apps info, launcher, appmenu and soon universal search. Still some important place missing?
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I've had exactly the same problem.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
  6.    #146  
    Next release will include using renamed names in global search. The apps can be found with both original and the renamed names. I will release this version during the weekend and hope that I have found a way to include the translation support as well.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    getting an error when I try to update to version -44

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    So everyone that are not able to install the patch just wait for few minutes the updated package (1.4.5-45) should hit the feed soon (within hal an hour or so).
    Almost 2 hours have gone by and I still don't see Advanced Configuration for App Launcher version 1.4.5-45 in the feed (just the older one that fails on install). I have been hitting update feeds in Preware every 15 minutes.

Are there any delays you are aware of?

Thanks again for this great patch.
    Phones>Ericsson->iPaq->Treo700w>>PalmPre & TouchPad<<PC<-Amiga<-C64<-Vic20<-PET<Computers
  9.    #149  
    I am also thinking of including selection for 3x3 / 4x4 / 5x5 icon grid selection into the patch. Hopefully there is no objections. Then I could see this patch finished from my point of view at least.
  10.    #150  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlopin View Post
    Almost 2 hours have gone by and I still don't see Advanced Configuration for App Launcher version 1.4.5-45 in the feed (just the older one that fails on install). I have been hitting update feeds in Preware every 15 minutes.

Are there any delays you are aware of?

Thanks again for this great patch.
    It takes its time, and since there is no Rod near by to use his magic fingers to push the update through immeadiately we have to just wait.
    I am also thinking of including selection for 3x3 / 4x4 / 5x5 icon grid selection into the patch. Hopefully there is no objections. Then I could see this patch finished from my point of view at least.
    That would be nice, the only issue I could see is that there are the multiple versions of these patches. Like I currently use 4x4 Icons V3 because the icons are larger and it looks 'cleaner'. I honestly think you've done a great thing with this patch and I like how it 'condenses' all of these patches into one. I consider this patch more than finished, especially when the .45 update cames through Preware so I can install it again
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    One other thing that you could add for completeness is a way to enable/disable the FirstUse App & Dev Mode Icon.
    Next release will include using renamed names in global search. The apps can be found with both original and the renamed names. I will release this version during the weekend and hope that I have found a way to include the translation support as well.
    Sconix your on a roll with all these updates.. Keep em coming . I was wondering would there be a way to revert back to the original app name. Say if I forgot it lol. It's kind of like password protect the apps. I rename and hide the app. And only I know what's the name of it! Now time to think of some crazy names
    Heres my failed install. I even tried to uninstall then reinstall, get errors everytime.

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 24822 100 24822 0 0 50924 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 131k
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/de_de/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/de_de/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/es_es/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/es_es/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/fr_ca/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/fr_ca/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/fr_fr/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/fr_fr/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/it_it/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/it_it/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/de_de/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/de_de/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/es_es/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/es_es/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/fr_ca/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/fr_ca/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/fr_fr/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/fr_fr/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    |--- .orig/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/it_it/strings.json
    |+++ /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/it_it/strings.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    im getting the same. its been working fine, i ran EPR last night, and every other patch reinstalled but this one :/ sucks. i like this patch a lot.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by poozo View Post
    im getting the same. its been working fine, i ran EPR last night, and every other patch reinstalled but this one :/ sucks. i like this patch a lot.
    sconix (modeswitcher) on Twitter
    Please do not install Adv. Laucher v44, it will give errors. v45 will be available in Preware shortly and installs correctly.
    Last edited by k91191; 08/27/2010 at 11:12 AM.
    Patiently waiting still
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Well there are different flavors of the grids. For example, I prefer the 4x4 v3 because of the icon sizes.
    now the patch is gone completely after i got the failed install error
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    now the patch is gone completely after i got the failed install error
    Me too! I just started a new thread and then did a search and noticed that this was already brought up! Now what are we supposed to do?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast