Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262676869707172
Results 1,421 to 1,431 of 1431
    Awesome, that did it, thanks man!
    Root to your Pre in Ubuntu: http://www.surfrock66.com/?p=600
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanno View Post
    Thank you for the help - found the thread based on some of the terms you all helped me with in this thread and was able to fix. Thanks so much.
    When you find the link, please repost the link or a link to the entr with the post. I will edit this post when I find it.

Post #1105 pg 28 (I know not how to make a link to this).
    Last edited by wsmyth; 06/22/2011 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Addl info
    anyone know why preware isn't installing the current version of this? It's installing 1.4.1 and I have no preferences option..

I'm on 1.4.5 btw..
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    anyone know why preware isn't installing the current version of this? It's installing 1.4.1 and I have no preferences option..

I'm on 1.4.5 btw..
    WOW....Nevermind. Before I doctored last, I tried running the repair tool. To make sure I had the most recent Doctor, I downloaded it through the repair tool - but I didn't verify that it was 1.4.5, and just assumed the repair tool would dl the right one.

It was in fact 1.4.1....grrrr....after 2 hours of customizing it I had to doctor again. For some reason it would stay connected for the OTA update.

Back to normal...sorry bout the wasted posts.
    Psalm 11:6
    Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone,
    and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Will this work on the TouchPad? I'm looking for something to add more Launcher tabs.

thanks
    Greg
  6.    #1426  
    Quote Originally Posted by ggee View Post
    Will this work on the TouchPad? I'm looking for something to add more Launcher tabs.

thanks
    Greg
    No, this has only worked with 1.4.x. There is a modification in Preware that makes the amount of launcher tabs on TouchPad to 5.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Advanced Configuration for App Launcher

Click to view quoted image

Wiki
    Current version: 1.4.5-73

The Advanced Configuration for App Launcher (ACAL) patch combines many of the best and popular patches for customizing and using the App Launcher.

- International versions of the patch with translations are currently in the works.

Installation & Usage:
    • The Advanced Configurations Wiki contains full feature list with installation and usage instructions.
      - Release notes, known bugs, and possible upcoming features are also included.

Supporting development:

Developing Mode Switcher and patches for WebOS has taken a huge amount of my time to get to this point. And all my work is currently available for free so donations are highly appreciated. Please use the link below to support my work:

Hi Sconix,

Are there any plans for porting this to the Pre3(2.2.0 Version) ? This is one of the awesome patches that you had developed.

br,
    Jitendra
  8.    #1428  
    Quote Originally Posted by jitendra View Post
    Hi Sconix,

Are there any plans for porting this to the Pre3(2.2.0 Version) ? This is one of the awesome patches that you had developed.

br,
    Jitendra
    Launcher is not patcheable in webOS 2.x nor in webOS 3.x.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    EDIT: there is a thread created by the dev, sconix, an updated list of features and functions can be found here: http://bit.ly/adBzcR

the great webOS Internals has also created a wiki page as well, click here to find their wiki info: http://bit.ly/djKIf5

This is a great patch that combines quite a few useful patches in one. Although it does conflict with other patches that do the same thing, combining them just seems like the best way to go. What I found that conflicts are the "Named Pages in Launcher", "Hide Quick Launch Bar in Launcher Remix", Gesture Tap for Info & Delete", and the "Advanced Launcer Options". The last one is missed as I don't have anything patched that will allow for those functions (except for the dev mode).

Of course, as we all know, this patch has been updated quite a few times since this thread was started, so, this patch now conflicts with pretty much EVERY launcher patch and they will need to be removed before installing the ACAL patch..

Now, the function that I found extremely useful as there hadent been a patch for this function yet, and that would be the ability to move entire pages at once, reordering your pages.. Great function!!

you can add/delete pages, rename pages, reorder pages, reset page number or make certain page default, reset page position or make position stick, quick launch hide all the time or only in launcher, page wraps or not, and of course the orange + tap for info, move or delete.

one thing that I ran into just like before the last update of the "hide launch bar in launcher remix" was that if you are moving your icons around, and accidentally drop in your quick launch bar, you can just set the QL bar to always visible, take the icon out, and then set your QL status back to hide.

I have been trying to keep my patches consistent and try to stick with certain dev (webos internalz team), but this patch is really a must..

lemme know what you all think if the lastest launcher patch..

sorry for the confusion, but no, I'm not the dev. I wish I could develop these patches, but nope, not me, props to the dev for this one!! Sconix is the dev for this one, he made the luna launcher for the mode switcher, and I'm sure helpd create the mode switcher itself, that app is very sweet! I also was looking around and since sconix has worked on a lot of the same apps & patches as Jason Robitaille and Rod Whitby, maybe sconix is on the WebOS Internalz team too!!

what is the patch compatible with?
    I can't find it on preware
    is there a touchpad version
    Quote Originally Posted by touch_pad987 View Post
    is there a touchpad version
    Read a few posts above yours. You'll see Sconix already answered it. These patches are for 1.4.x.x and not for 2.x.x or 3.x.x as the touchpad has.