Page 7 of 72 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast
  1.    #121  
    Next release has indicator for tabs (which page currently active). Also hiding apps in launcher is now also possible from the All Apps List, and it will now show the hidden ones with gray color. Also the renamed name is now shown in the All Apps List and in the appmenu of the app. So only place where the original name is shown is the information dialog.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Next release has indicator for tabs (which page currently active). Also hiding apps in launcher is now also possible from the All Apps List, and it will now show the hidden ones with gray color. Also the renamed name is now shown in the All Apps List and in the appmenu of the app. So only place where the original name is shown is the information dialog.
    that's awesome.

I saw the update to 1.4.5-42 in preware, but it wouldn't let me update. So I uninstalled, now it won't let me install. Not sure if it's a conflictin patch issue?

edit: found answer, thanks
    future reference: not compatible with gesture tap app icons. It's built into this.
    Just wanted to chime in and say I love the new update to this patch.

I don't quite understand the 'tab' thing. I have 11 pages now. So the tabs only allow for the 1st page up until the 4th page. Unless, I'm not using it correctly?

So I am just sticking with the 'Named Pages' for now.

I like the integrated 'Gesture + Tap' stuff, with the new added rename feature, I think that's the first patch that allow for renaming an App.

Thanks again for all the improvements.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

4.    #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Just wanted to chime in and say I love the new update to this patch.

I don't quite understand the 'tab' thing. I have 11 pages now. So the tabs only allow for the 1st page up until the 4th page. Unless, I'm not using it correctly?

So I am just sticking with the 'Named Pages' for now.

I like the integrated 'Gesture + Tap' stuff, with the new added rename feature, I think that's the first patch that allow for renaming an App.

Thanks again for all the improvements.

Rob
    No you can access all the pages with tabs too. Just try it So it allows quick access to 8 pages and the same list menu that page names. So tapping those tabs from #1-#4 will take you to pages from 1-4 and gesture tapping those will take you to pages 5-8. And the menu tab will show the list of pages just like the page names.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Thanks for the great update, and can I rename the tabs? I don't like # character, just want it show "1|2|3" rather than "#1|#2|#3"...
    Last edited by cmlx; 08/27/2010 at 03:21 AM.
  6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by cmlx View Post
    Thanks for the great update, and can I rename the taps? I don't like # character, just want it show "1|2|3" rather than "#1|#2|#3"...
    Renaming not possible, I would also like just the page number, but if I do that the tab shows nothing... Don't know why, but haven't yet found a way to it show only the number.
    Just tried to install v1.4.5-44 and received a bunch of failures that appear to be related to localization stuff. Does Locale Support Infrastructure need to be installed for v1.4.5-44?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I just tried to update this patch to 1.4.5-44 and the installation failed. It seems to have trouble installing the foreign language strings.
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Just tried to install v.1.4.5-44 and received a bunch of failures that appear to be related to localization stuff. Does Locale Support Infrastructure need to be installed for 1.4.5-44?
    Yes I added localization to the patch. What is Locale Support Infrastructure? I though every WebOS installation has the same language files.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Just tried to install v1.4.5-44 and received a bunch of failures that appear to be related to localization stuff. Does Locale Support Infrastructure need to be installed for v1.4.5-44?
    I have Locale Support Infrastructure installed and still get errors.
    It's a prerequisite for Navit.

Provides data files to enable localization in programs using the native localization methods, like Navit.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by k91191 View Post
    I have Locale Support Infrastructure installed and still get errors.
    Guess that rules that out

Palm Pre wallpapers
  13.    #133  
    It's a prerequisite for Navit.
    OK, that is not needed at least. Its just that I thought that the same languages would be supported in all the WebOS installations, but as it seems that is not the case then will release a new patch without the localization. Not sure how the location then can be added to the patches if every firmware has different languages..
    I tried to update then got a failure. The I tried to reinstall, then got another failure. Is their a way to copy the ipkg log so you can see what the error is? It will not let me copy.
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by balkeee View Post
    I tried to update then got a failure. The I tried to reinstall, then got another failure. Is their a way to copy the ipkg log so you can see what the error is? It will not let me copy.
    Just pushed an update. Wait for ~ half an hour or so and it should show up in the feeds.
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Here is my log from the failed update..
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Only folder I have in /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/ is es_us, if that helps ya.

Palm Pre wallpapers
    Hi!

I also have problems with updating the patch, see IPKG Logfile:

------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH INSTALLATION Fri Aug 27 15:12:11 CEST 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Contains text patch
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher/app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.patch

----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    ----------------------------------
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/reorder-controller.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #17 FAILED at 1735.
    1 out of 17 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/app-info-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/dialogs/app-info.html
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/models/launcher-pages.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 343 (offset 1 line).
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/controllers/more-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/controllers/app-info-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/views/more/dialogs/app-info.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/views/more/otherapp-item.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/views/more/palmapp-item.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/de_de/strings.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/es_es/strings.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/es_us/strings.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/fr_ca/strings.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/fr_fr/strings.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/resources/it_it/strings.json
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/de_de/strings.json
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/es_es/strings.json
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/es_us/strings.json
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/fr_ca/strings.json
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/fr_fr/strings.json
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/it_it/strings.json

I LOVE this patch, whats the cause of this problem?
  19.    #139  
    Only folder I have in /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/resources/ is es_us, if that helps ya.
    So at least there is differences with the included languages. Did not know that. So pushed the update with no localization changes to the feed and will figure out a way to conditionally add the localization changes.
  20.    #140  
    So everyone that are not able to install the patch just wait for few minutes the updated package (1.4.5-45) should hit the feed soon (within hal an hour or so).
Page 7 of 72 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121757 ... LastLast