Page 69 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1959646566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1431
    Found a small bug.
    If the First Run app is set to visible the patch fails to install.
    It should be aware of the visibility state of the first run app and do the appropriate thing on install rather than failing.
    Cheers!
  2.    #1362  
    Quote Originally Posted by Davide-NYC View Post
    Found a small bug.
    If the First Run app is set to visible the patch fails to install.
    It should be aware of the visibility state of the first run app and do the appropriate thing on install rather than failing.
    Cheers!
    Well its not a bug, patches cannot know if some/what conflicting patches are installed. If you have installed unhide first run app patch (or any other conflicting one) then you have to remove it to install this. Even when you have used the meta-doctor to show the first use app the showing is still made by a patch although in this situation the removing is a bit more difficult. Anyway its not fault of the patch since there just is no support in the patch packages for detecting if conflicting patches are installed and it would not be even possible to do reliably.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I installed this patch just yesterday and I'm new to all the preware info availble so please bare with me as I need help badly to workout the kinks but now my applications are taking forever to load if they load at all...like my app, The weather channel or Fandango and some games. I'm also having problems with my text messages. If I have typed a long message where it's divided into 2, only the second part gets sent, if at all.
    I have the original Palm Pre and would like to keep it but I'm getting a little frustrated. There is so much info out there and its a bit overwhelming to me to just figure out where I should go for help or post messages and then just researching thru it all for info.
    Luslips
  4.    #1364  
    Quote Originally Posted by luslips View Post
    I installed this patch just yesterday and I'm new to all the preware info availble so please bare with me as I need help badly to workout the kinks but now my applications are taking forever to load if they load at all...like my app, The weather channel or Fandango and some games. I'm also having problems with my text messages. If I have typed a long message where it's divided into 2, only the second part gets sent, if at all.
    I have the original Palm Pre and would like to keep it but I'm getting a little frustrated. There is so much info out there and its a bit overwhelming to me to just figure out where I should go for help or post messages and then just researching thru it all for info.
    Well patches should not make your phone any slower or cause problems unless you have installed some patches that conflict in some way or you have failed patch installation. You can always remove the patches one by one and try to see if it helps. You can always start from fresh by removing all patches either manually or with EPR (emergency patch recovery utility which is found from preware available apps) and then install patches back one by one (if you do this its always best to start from the biggest patches such as my advanced configuration patches).
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I'm getting errors with the preware trying to download the feed information and it will only let me the click onr patches installed and list of everything, the other 2(Package update and available packages are grayed out. I just removed the advance config Launcher app and retarted my phone. I tried again to open the Fandango app and it was still too slow. Didnt have this problem until I started adding patches so I dont know what it could be so I guess I'll just start unstalling the 13 patches I added.
    Luslips
    hey sconix, have you spoken to palm about patching webos 2.0's launcher?
    Is this patch compatible with the Iphone Black Launcher Theme? If not does anyone know what can be used to replace it. I hate the transparency of the stock launcher. I dont know if the black glass effect gives the same black launcher pages as the Iphone black Launcher theme.

If its not compatible with this, what can i use with this to get black (preferably non transparent) launcher pages?

Ive grown accustomed to the black pages.
    Quote Originally Posted by bodyshop View Post
    Is this patch compatible with the Iphone Black Launcher Theme? If not does anyone know what can be used to replace it. I hate the transparency of the stock launcher. I dont know if the black glass effect gives the same black launcher pages as the Iphone black Launcher theme.

If its not compatible with this, what can i use with this to get black (preferably non transparent) launcher pages?

Ive grown accustomed to the black pages.
    Well there is a good chance that most themes will not work in conjunction with the ACAL patch since both the patch and themes sometimes modify the same files.

The Glass Effect Suite theme does work with ACAL (I and others are running that theme with the patch). You might look into that. I don't do a lot of theming, so your mileage may vary with that recommendation compared to what you may actually be looking for in a theme.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 01/12/2011 at 03:51 PM.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I just want black non transparent launcher pages.

maybe sconix would know more. I use the Iphone black launcher, just for the black launcher pages. I see a few themes that are just black launchers. I don't know if they are compatible. I just figured I'd ask before I try them out. Why end up Dr-ing my phone if a simple question couldve prevented it.

If nobody knows then i'll just try one of the black launchers.

I notice you can still see thru the glass effects suite. Not exactly what I was looking for. But I may have to settle for it.
  10.    #1370  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrislo View Post
    hey sconix, have you spoken to palm about patching webos 2.0's launcher?
    Not sure what there is to talk. All I can do is to wait and hope that they incorporate some of the features of ACAL into the launcher. And as said earlier some of the features might be possible to do such as naming/hiding of apps, but haven't had time to test those.
    I just want black non transparent launcher pages.

maybe sconix would know more. I use the Iphone black launcher, just for the black launcher pages. I see a few themes that are just black launchers. I don't know if they are compatible. I just figured I'd ask before I try them out. Why end up Dr-ing my phone if a simple question couldve prevented it.

If nobody knows then i'll just try one of the black launchers.

I notice you can still see thru the glass effects suite. Not exactly what I was looking for. But I may have to settle for it.
    Sorry your not really getting what you were looking for.
    One thing regarding the Glass Effects Suite, if you know how to, you could extract the files from the theme and maybe modify the file that themes the launcher. I can't say for certain, like I said, I'm not much into theming stuff.

Maybe try the Palm Pre Wallpapers sub-forum for help. Loads of folks there are into modifying the icons, images, theme type stuff. They may be able to tell you or show you how to change just the launcher background to black or whatever suits you.

Just trying to help. Sorry if it's not.. helpful...

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Sorry your not really getting what you were looking for.
    One thing regarding the Glass Effects Suite, if you know how to, you could extract the files from the theme and maybe modify the file that themes the launcher. I can't say for certain, like I said, I'm not much into theming stuff.

Maybe try the Palm Pre Wallpapers sub-forum for help. Loads of folks there are into modifying the icons, images, theme type stuff. They may be able to tell you or show you how to change just the launcher background to black or whatever suits you.

Just trying to help. Sorry if it's not.. helpful...
    thanks, you wer a big help. Ithought sconix would give a lil feedback, but I know he's got alot on his plate.

I'm just glad somebody was able to reply. I will try the wallpaper threads. It seems like a great patch to use, just want to keep my black launcher pages...
    thanks, you wer a big help. Ithought sconix would give a lil feedback, but I know he's got alot on his plate.

I'm just glad somebody was able to reply. I will try the wallpaper threads. It seems like a great patch to use, just want to keep my black launcher pages...
    Your welcome.

Well I can't speak for Sconix and I mean no disrespect by this, but I have a feeling since theming the launcher pages is beyond his patch, I don't think it is a real priority/concern for him, but it didn't hurt to ask, right? And yeah, besides him getting over his recent computer hardware troubles, it sounds like he's busy prepping MS and his patches for webOS 2.x.x.

Hopefully you'll be on the right track and someone can help in the wallpaper sub-forum.

UPDATE: The iPhone Black Launcher Theme 2 works great with this patch. The initial launch of the launcher is a lil choppy but other than that, no problems so far.
    i have read and read the numerous pages and can't find a solution to my problem. here is my IPKG error LOG:

postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1

4 out of 21 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

i think i can pinpoint the problem to a 4x3 patch that i used to have and when i deleted it, the app launcher still had 4 icons across. hut here is a list of the patched that i have installed:

-Actual Word Instead of Icons
    -Add Date dd-mmm-yy
    -add option to send link message
    -add sync now
    -Advanced configuration for system preferences
    -advanced reset options
    -alarm dialy options
    -audio/video attachments
    -better quicker flicker
    -change number of bookmarks on startpage
    -compose to e-mail
    -copy url to clipboard
    -delete from notification
    -device menu maxed out ultra
    -disabe various phone sounds
    -faster card anymations hyper version
    -hide app vendors
    -improved photo naming
    -match state to area code
    -pdf redux
    -preload more thumbnail photos
    -raise image resolution limit
    -really silent ringer switch mute
    -share image message option
    -share larger videos via e-mail
    -swipe to delete (contacts)
    -time stamps clean
    -total message count
    -uber calendar
    -unthrottle download manager
    -video camera flashlight
    -video downloads

if anyone can help me pinpoint my problem that would be great!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jorgesicas View Post
    i have read and read the numerous pages and can't find a solution to my problem. here is my IPKG error LOG:

postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1

4 out of 21 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

i think i can pinpoint the problem to a 4x3 patch that i used to have and when i deleted it, the app launcher still had 4 icons across. hut here is a list of the patched that i have installed:

-Actual Word Instead of Icons
    -Add Date dd-mmm-yy
    -add option to send link message
    -add sync now
    -Advanced configuration for system preferences
    -advanced reset options
    -alarm dialy options
    -audio/video attachments
    -better quicker flicker
    -change number of bookmarks on startpage
    -compose to e-mail
    -copy url to clipboard
    -delete from notification
    -device menu maxed out ultra
    -disabe various phone sounds
    -faster card anymations hyper version
    -hide app vendors
    -improved photo naming
    -match state to area code
    -pdf redux
    -preload more thumbnail photos
    -raise image resolution limit
    -really silent ringer switch mute
    -share image message option
    -share larger videos via e-mail
    -swipe to delete (contacts)
    -time stamps clean
    -total message count
    -uber calendar
    -unthrottle download manager
    -video camera flashlight
    -video downloads

if anyone can help me pinpoint my problem that would be great!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jorgesicas View Post
    i have read and read the numerous pages and can't find a solution to my problem...
    Are you sure? It has been documented many times that the recommended procedure for installing the Advanced Configuration patches are listed on the wiki page. See the OP or my signature for a link.

If you choose not to follow those steps, your results may vary getting this installed. One thing I noticed from your list of patches is you still have the "hide app vendors" still installed. That will conflict.

Your best course of action is still and always will be to follow the recommended steps outlined on the wiki.

Good Luck.

thanks a lot, I will try following the steps. Ok I admitt I read about 20 pages, but there are soo many! I aologyze.
    ok so i had to run EPR and it deleted all the patches. i guess the 4x3 v5 patch didn't want to un-install correctly and it kept leaving behind the option to Orange + Tap for info and delete. After EPR it works flawlessly! Thank you Sconix! Great work!
    Hi All,

I cannot get the application to run.

I am using a Pixi Plus At&T Unlocked on the Rogers network in Canada. I initially had several patches installed but removed it using the EPR patch as per the Wiki article.

I installed the USA version of this app succesfully but it does not appear to be working.

When I go the launcher menu, I do not see the preferences option at all. However, when I go to the phone preferences, I do see some new options there.

I have tried removing the app and reinstalling. I have even tried installing the World version of this app without success.

Can anyone shed some light? Is this great app perhaps not compatible with unlocked Pixi phones?

Regards,
    ed...
    there are a couple of different patches. If you installed the one that adds more phon options, that one does not affect the launcher. Look for the launcher version only