Page 68 of 72 FirstFirst ... 185863646566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1431
  1. #1341  
    Quote Originally Posted by callmesaul8889 View Post
    Is there a way to extract the appinfo.json file from the Doctor? If not, how can I get a stock copy of that file?
    Yea, I use 7-zip to extract the WebOs Doctor jar file. Just keep unzipping the big files (it's pretty obvious lol. 100mb+) until you get to the file system. You'll find the appinfo.json in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/
  2. #1342  
    Hey, I was wondering, why when I restart luna or reboot my machine, the launcher seems to forget where the icons I dragged to were and goes back to same location each time?

    Is this a known issue?
  3. #1343  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Yea, I use 7-zip to extract the WebOs Doctor jar file. Just keep unzipping the big files (it's pretty obvious lol. 100mb+) until you get to the file system. You'll find the appinfo.json in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/

    got it, thanks! it installed and works great now
  4. #1344  
    I am posting for a friend with a Sprint Pre. He is not computer savvy (not that I'm an expert, but...), so I have helped him install PreWare and install patches etc.

    He has ACAL and ACSP installed. Recently, all the app icons in his launcher have disappeared on all his pages. He must type in the app name to use it. We tried restarting and also uninstalling and reinstalling ACAL.

    Is this a common issue and can anyone suggest some solutions? Thank you! (I'm sorry, but it may take time to try the solutions and post results as it is not my device.)
  5. #1345  
    This happened to me once and I recovered by running Save/Restore from webosinternals. If you don't have that app, I can't tell you what to do except search these forums. There are several other threads about this. Going forward, I highly recommend Save/Restore.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

  6.    #1346  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    I am posting for a friend with a Sprint Pre. He is not computer savvy (not that I'm an expert, but...), so I have helped him install PreWare and install patches etc.

    He has ACAL and ACSP installed. Recently, all the app icons in his launcher have disappeared on all his pages. He must type in the app name to use it. We tried restarting and also uninstalling and reinstalling ACAL.

    Is this a common issue and can anyone suggest some solutions? Thank you! (I'm sorry, but it may take time to try the solutions and post results as it is not my device.)
    Yes this is not related to this patch, it can happen without the patches as well. It usually happens with unclean shutdown of the phone. The database of the launcher gets damaged, it can be fixed by removing the database that stores the launcher page configuration.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  7. #1347  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes this is not related to this patch, it can happen without the patches as well. It usually happens with unclean shutdown of the phone. The database of the launcher gets damaged, it can be fixed by removing the database that stores the launcher page configuration.
    O.K., how do you do that, exactly?
  8. #1348  
    I installed both patches, but for some reason when I go into launcher Preferences, I can only see as far as the Quick Launcher settings....I can't see anything below that (ie: View App Information, Setting/Un-setting Default App Launcher Page, Hiding/Showing Apps etc......). Does anyone know why this would happen?
  9. #1349  
    Quote Originally Posted by team View Post
    I installed both patches, but for some reason when I go into launcher Preferences, I can only see as far as the Quick Launcher settings....I can't see anything below that (ie: View App Information, Setting/Un-setting Default App Launcher Page, Hiding/Showing Apps etc......). Does anyone know why this would happen?

    The Launcher menu is altered after installation of the patch.

    Does your launcher menu box appear like this:

    Edit
    Preferences
    Enter Edit Mode
    Set/Unset Default Page
    List All Applications
    Default Applications
    Help

    If your current launcher menu appears like what I have posted above for you with the patch installed, well then you are okay.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

    "Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

    Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Sign up and get 250mb of extra space FREE
  10. #1350  
    Yes that is how my Launcher Menu looks. Why can't I access all the other settings when I am in Preferences?
  11. #1351  
    Quote Originally Posted by team View Post
    Yes that is how my Launcher Menu looks. Why can't I access all the other settings when I am in Preferences?
    have you already tried removing the patch, rebooting, re-installing, and rebooting again?
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

    "Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

    Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Sign up and get 250mb of extra space FREE
  12.    #1352  
    Quote Originally Posted by team View Post
    I installed both patches, but for some reason when I go into launcher Preferences, I can only see as far as the Quick Launcher settings....I can't see anything below that (ie: View App Information, Setting/Un-setting Default App Launcher Page, Hiding/Showing Apps etc......). Does anyone know why this would happen?
    Not sure what do you expect there to be, in preferences the quick launch setting is the very last settings. There should not be anything below those settings.

    Viewing app information is with gesture+tap, setting default app page is in the app menu, hiding/showing is with gesture+tap etc.

    Have you read the wiki? It should explain all the features and how to use them.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  13. #1353  
    Quote Originally Posted by team View Post
    I installed both patches, but for some reason when I go into launcher Preferences, I can only see as far as the Quick Launcher settings....I can't see anything below that (ie: View App Information, Setting/Un-setting Default App Launcher Page, Hiding/Showing Apps etc......). Does anyone know why this would happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Not sure what do you expect there to be, in preferences the quick launch setting is the very last settings. There should not be anything below those settings.

    Viewing app information is with gesture+tap, setting default app page is in the app menu, hiding/showing is with gesture+tap etc.

    Have you read the wiki? It should explain all the features and how to use them.

    I did a terrible job of understanding what 'team' was trying to ask at first. I thought he just could not see anything in the preferences list at all.
    *face palm*

    team- Follow what sconix says, take his suggestion and read up on the wiki for this patch. There you will find a plethora of information all at your disposal.
    you can find it in the opening post here in the thread.
    But since I goofed up originally and misinterpreted your question originally, here is the link to it.
    Patch:AdvancedConfigurations

    my apologies for any confusion, and not being of any help at first.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

    "Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

    Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Sign up and get 250mb of extra space FREE
  14. #1354  
    No I haven't tried that yet. If I do that do I need to do all the steps like EPR again?
  15. #1355  
    Thanks guys.....I did read Wiki, but I guess I got a bit confused
  16. #1356  
    Quote Originally Posted by team View Post
    Thanks guys.....I did read Wiki, but I guess I got a bit confused
    you're welcome.

    and don't you worry. You'll get the hang of everything over time. Reading up is the first step. The rest will fall into place.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

    "Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

    Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Sign up and get 250mb of extra space FREE
  17. #1357  
    Quote Originally Posted by team View Post
    No I haven't tried that yet. If I do that do I need to do all the steps like EPR again?
    if you ever do decide to uninstall the patch and reinstall it, NO you do not need to run an EPR for any reason. EPR is reserved for cases where patches conflict, or won't install properly due to a 'existing' patch already installed for example, or cases where a patch will not remove. But in this case, no need for an EPR. As Sconix pointed out a couple posts above, and from what I gathered based on your question, the patch which you installed is A-ok. As you posted above, you were just a bt confused.
    if you have any other questions regarding Sconix' patch, post it here, or pm me if you would like. Hope this was helpful. Wouldn't want you running EPR's every time you wanted to just uninstall a patch lol.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

    "Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

    Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Sign up and get 250mb of extra space FREE
  18. #1358  
    I am having trouble with this patch. First, it would not update, giving me the notice of the failure. I tried to uninstall it, so I could reinstall it, but the uninstall failed. I started the WebOS Quick Install & went to device management. Still would not un-install. I have now uninstalled every other patch to the launcher, still will not uninstall.
    The error message is:
    ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/pkgScript.sh
    1 out of 11 hunks FAILED- see webos-patches.log for more details.
    I don't know how to find that log & wouldn't know what to do with the information if I did.
    Ideas anyone?
    Finally had to bury beloved Pre. But now I have a TouchPad!
  19.    #1359  
    Quote Originally Posted by GranPaSmurf View Post
    I am having trouble with this patch. First, it would not update, giving me the notice of the failure. I tried to uninstall it, so I could reinstall it, but the uninstall failed. I started the WebOS Quick Install & went to device management. Still would not un-install. I have now uninstalled every other patch to the launcher, still will not uninstall.
    The error message is:
    ERROR: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/pkgScript.sh
    1 out of 11 hunks FAILED- see webos-patches.log for more details.
    I don't know how to find that log & wouldn't know what to do with the information if I did.
    Ideas anyone?
    You have had some incompatible patch installed or theme that has modified the file. Since you have already uninstalled other patches just run EPR to get ACAL (+ all remaining unclean patch uninstalls) removed. Then you can install your patches back.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  20. #1360  
    Hello. I'd like to just add on to what sconix posted about running EPR in your current situation granpasmurf. Another great tool to clean up your phone of all patches and other errors is running the Repair Utility in Override mode. It is the last step of fixing any errors before resorting to having to run the webOS Doctor. To me, Repair Utility is a great tool. I myself have run into situations where EPR's did not remove patches entirely. Repair Utility solved that for me without having to run the Doc.

    Hope you get it resolved granpasmurf
    be sure to let us know how it goes for ya.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

    "Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

    Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Sign up and get 250mb of extra space FREE

Posting Permissions