Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17576263646566676869707172 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 1431
  1.    #1321  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    ok wasn't sure about deleting pages, thanks.

o that stinks. Doesn't palm know that I eventually allways get bored with my launcher? Lol.

it's all good, take a vacation. We have..coming months until avg users can use 2.0 anyway
    I hope that Palm plans to make the launcher better although I can live with it, but I really would like to be able to set the grid size and show/hide/rename apps at least. Or they should just make it possible to easily replace the launcher...

No time for holiday yet Still have ACSP and MS and the 2.0 versions of them require lots of work (system menu patches are already done and release soon for 2.0). After ACSP and MS are ready then I keep small holiday, maybe...
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    lol.

I'm kinda surprised they are doing this to the launche. I'm gna feel trapped, like I'm using an iphone or something
  3.    #1323  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    lol.

I'm kinda surprised they are doing this to the launche. I'm gna feel trapped, like I'm using an iphone or something
    I kinda understand it in that sense that launcher is quite important part of the phone. So having it binary hence faster etc. makes at least bit sense. The only thing I really don't get and which makes it iphone like is that why the app launcher quick launch icon and the app launcher itself can not be replaced with another application. Anyway I really hope that they do something for the launcher at some point since at least now it really pales in comparison to app launchers in other platforms. But its really hard to complain very strongly about this since there is still so much that can be patched and now with webOS 2.0 even more thanks to the JSJSJS $based$ $services$.

Actually one of those ideas that I had was to make patch that makes replacing the launcher possible, but there is a problem that haven't figured out a way how to allow editing of quick launch from any other than the native launcher. Anyway when I have time I will play with this idea a bit more.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    that sounds really cool

I think their reason why the app launcher icon must stay is because it's the only way to open then launcher in the emulator, if that's correct
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I like the ability to add pages, rename, etc...also icon and grid size and hide apps. I'm so used to this that if r2.0 goes back to the old style I'm gonna be disappointed big time.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Other than that I don't plan to work on this patch anymore since in webOS 2.0 the launcher is not patcheable
    This is really bad news. Based on the videos and pictures, the default launcher in webOS 2.0 looks quite limited, specially compared to what we have now with 'ACAL' installed on webOS 1.4.5. Why in the world has Palm added this limitation to the launcher? So what exactly does this entail? Does it mean no more 'renaming of pages', 'hiding the quick launcher', 'page wrapping', 'icon settings'? What about being able to change the look of the launcher from the ugly one in webOS 2.0?

I have few tricks in my sleeve that I am trying for the launcher in 2.0.0, but so far those tricks haven't panned out, but I have had so little time to inspect them that there still might be some hope.
    Care to share any of the ideas?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I hope that Palm plans to make the launcher better although I can live with it, but I really would like to be able to set the grid size and show/hide/rename apps at least. Or they should just make it possible to easily replace the launcher...Other than that I don't plan to work on this patch anymore since in webOS 2.0 the launcher is not patcheable
    ...the Launcher is no longer patchable under webOS2.0... ?

...does that also mean no more 4x4, 4x5, 5x5, icons, no more additional launcher pages, no more renaming, hiding titles and/or icons as well?!

The stock launcher stinks, it's the very first thing I change when exchanging Pre's (and I'm getting sick of doing it after 5 re-furbs...)

If given the choice of a having to use a stock launcher, or switch to Android, I think I'd switch...
  8.    #1328  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    This is really bad news. Based on the videos and pictures, the default launcher in webOS 2.0 looks quite limited, specially compared to what we have now with 'ACAL' installed on webOS 1.4.5. Why in the world has Palm added this limitation to the launcher? So what exactly does this entail? Does it mean no more 'renaming of pages', 'hiding the quick launcher', 'page wrapping', 'icon settings'? What about being able to change the look of the launcher from the ugly one in webOS 2.0?

Care to share any of the ideas?
    Well hiding of QL is not needed since it is not anymore visible in launcher, and pages can be renamed and ordered so its not all bad news. The biggest loss is not being able to set the icon/grid size and not able to hide/show/rename apps. Theming of the launcher is still possible as well.

Although renaming/hiding might be possible I will try that at some point when I have time. One idea that I had was to replace the launcher but since there are no more hooks to show the QL it would not be possible to move stuff from launcher to QL and other way round so I am not happy to working on some "hackis" or not fully working solution.
    What about the 'gestures' that you added? Such as 'left to right' to jump straight to a particular page? 'right to left' to go to last visited page? It will be a pain to use the launcher without these two gestures.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 11/24/2010 at 02:19 AM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    ^I agree. It's ingrained in my Pre now. Will hold off updating to 2.0 for awhile I guess.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by omatus View Post
    I had this patch installed and working well, but I wanted the other AC patch for preferences. I got an installation error, so I manually deleted all my patches until I was able to get the ACSP patch installed. Then I tried to install this patch and I got the following error.

postinst
    -1: Unable to rund command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ingnored

Then it removed the package.

I tried to delete pdf viewer...since I don't use it much. And that still didn't help.

I then followed your instructions to install the EPR patch and reinstall and still nothing. I don't know what else to do. I have ACSP working fine, but ACAL won't install.

Please help
    Ok I just got a Sprint Pre+ (to replace my Sprint Pre-) that's completely clean and I went to install ACAL as the very first patch and got this exact error. So then I did the usual EPR restart ACAL and it still gives me this error. Am I missing something? I'm familiar with preware and ACAL as I've used it on my Pre- for month, so I'm pretty stumped right now.
  12.    #1332  
    Quote Originally Posted by callmesaul8889 View Post
    Ok I just got a Sprint Pre+ (to replace my Sprint Pre-) that's completely clean and I went to install ACAL as the very first patch and got this exact error. So then I did the usual EPR restart ACAL and it still gives me this error. Am I missing something? I'm familiar with preware and ACAL as I've used it on my Pre- for month, so I'm pretty stumped right now.
    You need to have pdfviewer installed since the patch modifies its files. Now it cannot find the file so it can not install.
    Just wanted to mention that this patch doesn't work for people who have used MetaDoctor to bypass and show the FirstUse app. I even manually edited it's json file back to stock, but this patch still won't install.
  14.    #1334  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Just wanted to mention that this patch doesn't work for people who have used MetaDoctor to bypass and show the FirstUse app. I even manually edited it's json file back to stock, but this patch still won't install.
    If you post the error (the filename parts of the failed hunks lines) then I can say why. Without any info its hard to say why its not installing for you.
    Seems to be failing when it tries to patch the FirstUse app.

-1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/appinfo.json.rej
    remove
  16.    #1336  
    Seems to be failing when it tries to patch the FirstUse app.
    Then you did change something else there than the changed line. For example when edited with internalz the file gets added carriage returns etc. so that patch wont install. You can use the webos repair utility to replace that file with original file from the doctor. Or even do it manually copying the original file with WOSQI.
    that would be me. I will be staying up to date with this thread.
    Then you did change something else there than the changed line. For example when edited with internalz the file gets added carriage returns etc. so that patch wont install. You can use the webos repair utility to replace that file with original file from the doctor. Or even do it manually copying the original file with WOSQI.
    Oh! Thanks for the tip! I'm going to send the stock files to my Pre and see what happens.
    You were right, sconix! I sent a stock 'appinfo.json' to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/ and the patch installed fine.
    You were right, sconix! I sent a stock 'appinfo.json' to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/ and the patch installed fine.
    Is there a way to extract the appinfo.json file from the Doctor? If not, how can I get a stock copy of that file?