Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16566162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 1431
    Quote Originally Posted by goldyman View Post
    Sorry if this is redundant, but I have searched this thread and found nothing on this: Is there a way to make page names appear in the tabs, rather than #1, etc.? I understand length would be an issue, but perhaps long names could be truncated.
    If you set "Page Header" to "Use Page Name" you can tap on the page name and get a nice "Jump to Page:" feature that lists the page names. It's not tabs, but it's pretty helpful.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

2.    #1302  
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    If you set "Page Header" to "Use Page Name" you can tap on the page name and get a nice "Jump to Page:" feature that lists the page names. It's not tabs, but it's pretty helpful.
    Or not use page headers at all since they take space and just do forward gesture to get the same menu with page names. Its not that much slower than tabs, only one swipe needed.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    since the last update I have been unable to hide built in apps. I'll go to apps list and tap the app, tap hide, and nothing happens. Should I try reinstalling the launcher?
  4.    #1304  
    Quote Originally Posted by xalky View Post
    since the last update I have been unable to hide built in apps. I'll go to apps list and tap the app, tap hide, and nothing happens. Should I try reinstalling the launcher?
    Reinstalling should not help. Have you tried restarting the phone? The only reason I can think of is that the either the launcher or the list apps app has lost its subscription to launcher settings.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I'll give it a shot. Let you know how it goes.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    restarting did not work. What next?
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling app launcher and that didn't fix the problem either. When I tap on the hide button, nothing happens. If I minimize the launcher the hide screen will disappear and it grays out the app as if it's been hidden, but when I go back to the launcher page , the app is still there. Maybe one of my orher patches is interfering, although I have no other launcher patches installed. I do have some top bar patches installed, maybe one of those is interfereing.
  8.    #1308  
    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling app launcher and that didn't fix the problem either. When I tap on the hide button, nothing happens. If I minimize the launcher the hide screen will disappear and it grays out the app as if it's been hidden, but when I go back to the launcher page , the app is still there. Maybe one of my orher patches is interfering, although I have no other launcher patches installed. I do have some top bar patches installed, maybe one of those is interfereing.
    I am out of ideas. Of course it could be possible that the database would be somehow damaged where those settings are stored, but don't know how to fix that or even make sure thats the problem.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    ok thanks. Another thing that's been happening: when I hit the launcher button from the task bar, the right side top bar menu appears first. Ihave to swipe that out of the way and then hit the launcher button a second time to access the launcher. This is on a pixi. I didn't have this problem when it was first installed but I also didn't have that top bar menu patch. I'll try uninstalling the top bar menu mega mix patch.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ok thanks. Another thing that's been happening: when I hit the launcher button from the task bar, the right side top bar menu appears first. Ihave to swipe that out of the way and then hit the launcher button a second time to access the launcher. This is on a pixi. I didn't have this problem when it was first installed but I also didn't have that top bar menu patch. I'll try uninstalling the top bar menu mega mix patch.
    I just started noticing this on my Pre, too. Not sure what might be causing it.
  11.    #1311  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    I just started noticing this on my Pre, too. Not sure what might be causing it.
    The patch only works properly on en_us locale. The problem you are seeing is because you must be running different locale. From 2.0 versions onwards all my patches are also available as World versions.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The patch only works properly on en_us locale. The problem you are seeing is because you must be running different locale. From 2.0 versions onwards all my patches are also available as World versions.
    running different locale? I don't think so. I just thought it was a bug, or conflict with one of the patches. it just started a week or so ago. ...and it only happens once after a reset of the phone. (at least for me,)
  13.    #1313  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    running different locale? I don't think so. I just thought it was a bug, or conflict with one of the patches. it just started a week or so ago. ...and it only happens once after a reset of the phone. (at least for me,)
    Sure it can be also a conflicting patch, but it happens because the html file of the menu is "broken" so the patch is not working properly i.e. some parts of it are failing. Most likely you will see empty items in the menu etc.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I'm in the US also, so I doubt that's the problem. If that's the case how would I suddenly be on a different locale? Un less preware loaded the wrong locale. What's the procedure for setting the locale in preware?

I just don't see how that could be the problem. The apps I'm trying to hide are: first use, usb passthru, sprint football, sprint nascar.
  15.    #1315  
    I'm in the US also, so I doubt that's the problem. If that's the case how would I suddenly be on a different locale? Un less preware loaded the wrong locale. What's the procedure for setting the locale in preware?

I just don't see how that could be the problem. The apps I'm trying to hide are: first use, usb passthru, sprint football, sprint nascar.
    No the locale can not effect the hiding of apps. It only effect the system menu patch what the above problems were concerning. The ACAL patch works with all locales.

For the not hiding problem I cannot say anything. Only reason could be that the hidden apps data is not saving. Its then a problem in your WebOS setup not with the patch. So unfortunately I don't have a clue how to fix that.

have you tried hiding the apps while in the launcher by gesture+tap>hide?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    aaahaaa, that works. It took me a few trys to figure out the gesture + tap thing. Yes, I was able to hide them in that way. Thanks chemengr.

for those of you having this problem: put one finger on the gesture area below the screen, then tap on the app, then the hide menu will pop up. Tap hide, and voila....app gets hidden.
    I have to change up my launcher every few months so I'm doing that right now. For what I'm doing, I'd be nice if I could combine pages of apps
  19.    #1319  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I have to change up my launcher every few months so I'm doing that right now. For what I'm doing, I'd be nice if I could combine pages of apps
    If you mean that you would like to move all the apps from page to another then you kinda can do it already by moving the pages so that they are next to each other and then delete the latter page. The icons should get moved to the previous page if I remember correctly.

Other than that I don't plan to work on this patch anymore since in webOS 2.0 the launcher is not patcheable I have few tricks in my sleeve that I am trying for the launcher in 2.0.0, but so far those tricks haven't panned out, but I have had so little time to inspect them that there still might be some hope.
    ok wasn't sure about deleting pages, thanks.

o that stinks. Doesn't palm know that I eventually allways get bored with my launcher? Lol.

it's all good, take a vacation. We have..coming months until avg users can use 2.0 anyway