Page 65 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15556061626364656667686970 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1431
  1.    #1281  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Good to know its not just me! lol

Maybe sconix will have something to say about this.
    I have very little to say about lock ups etc. problems in general. I have run my Pre from the very beginning and had 1 or maximum of 2 lockups both to do with Luna. Most likely the reason is that I don't play games so I am at the most a medium user.

The patches itself should not be capable of causing lockups / crashes. They should only be able to cause misbehaving in specific application that it touches. If some patch causes more often crashing etc. then its still most likely a hardware / system / kernel error. Of course some patches add more system requests etc. that could cause crash, but still it goes for being system fault. And at least I always try to minimize the cpu/memory etc. footprint when making my apps/patches. When ever something is repeatable with specific actions then it can be application fault, but random crashes very rarely are in my experience.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post

Those who Palm together should stick together
    OMG!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    OMG!!!
    you can say that again
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I searched the thread for "battery" but couldn't find anything relevant (only references to pulling the battery or battery percentage related patches) so I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before (it's a big thread) but has anyone else's battery life taken a nosedive since installing this patch? I usually get through a work day with 30-40% battery left at the end of the day but since I installed this patch my battery will die before the work day is even over. I even did a full erase and started everything all over again installing this patch and the few others that I use and the battery life was still awful. Then I uninstalled this patch and my battery life returned to normal.
  5.    #1285  
    Quote Originally Posted by gutbomb View Post
    I searched the thread for "battery" but couldn't find anything relevant (only references to pulling the battery or battery percentage related patches) so I'm sorry if this has been mentioned before (it's a big thread) but has anyone else's battery life taken a nosedive since installing this patch? I usually get through a work day with 30-40% battery left at the end of the day but since I installed this patch my battery will die before the work day is even over. I even did a full erase and started everything all over again installing this patch and the few others that I use and the battery life was still awful. Then I uninstalled this patch and my battery life returned to normal.
    There's nothing in the patch that could eat battery. Someone has mentioned that the installation was left in some kind of weird state that consumed the battery and removing and reinstalling the patch did take care of that. Other than that I really don't have anything else to suggest.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Well, I doubt it's a coincidence that my battery life started to suffer as soon as I installed it and it went back to normal once it was uninstalled. I can help you troubleshoot if you want.

The only app launcher patch I used before (and use again now since I uninstalled ACAL) is 4x4 icons v3.

I also run Mode Switcher so if there might be some conflict there, that might cause something (I mention mode switcher because it's a daemon running all the time, and if there is something happening behind the scenes which can cause mode switcher to think that settings need to be changed it might be getting caught in some sort of a loop which eventually eats up the battery)
  7.    #1287  
    Quote Originally Posted by gutbomb View Post
    Well, I doubt it's a coincidence that my battery life started to suffer as soon as I installed it and it went back to normal once it was uninstalled. I can help you troubleshoot if you want.

The only app launcher patch I used before (and use again now since I uninstalled ACAL) is 4x4 icons v3.
    I did not say that its not possible that the installing of the patch caused it, I just said that the patch itself cannot do it with 99% certainty. It can be any number of things, you having some patch installed that causes problems with this patch, or some left overs from previously installed patch that causes problems etc.

Did you try the reinstalling of the patch as I suggested since there has been at least one user that had battery draining after installing and reinstalling helped for some odd reason. You could also use lumberjack to monitor the /var/log/messages file to see if you see something weird written there by the com.palm.applauncher. Or you can always send the /var/log/messages file to me and I can have a quick look. But the problem with that is that you really have to be experiencing extensive draining when sending that log since it wont hold logs from very long period. So at least try to retrieve that file when you are certain that there has been above normal battery draining within last hour.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blaidan View Post
    This patch is worth it's weight in gold if for no other reason than being able to quickly and easily hide any of the built-in apps in the launcher.

Thanks much!
    LOL... I get what you're saying (and I share the sentiment), but seeing as the patch weighs nothing...
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    Just a reminder..if you get a lock up, before you try a battery pull, try to do a forced reset by either:
    1. Press the Option (Orange/Silver), SYM and R keys at the same time
    2. Press-and-hold the Power Button and then slide the ringer-switch back-and-forth three times

A battery pull should only be an action of last resort!

Details on our Tips page: http://www.precentral.net/reboot-your-phone
    This wont wipe the phone of patches and homebrew apps will it?

This sounds very similar to the forced partial reset/erase of the phone that wipes the phone of all patches, kernels and all homebrew apps.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    This wont wipe the phone of patches and homebrew apps will it?

This sounds very similar to the forced partial reset/erase of the phone that wipes the phone of all patches, kernels and all homebrew apps.
    it will not !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    it will not !
    Thank you my good Turtlemeister
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I am no longer able to remove Apps from the Quick Launch Bar.

What am I missing?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  13.    #1293  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post

What am I missing?
    Quick Launch Bar is binary so patch cannot effect that. Moving apps from QL to app launcher works just fine for me.
    Weird situation... after doctoring to restore my wifi on a Sprint Palm Pre (btw, which worked), I decided to try out both advanced configuration patches. I've got both the System Preferences AND App Launcher patches working (used the Wiki site for instructions for both).

I love both - but for some strange reason the ACAL doesn't show up in my Preware patch list. The ACSP is listed! I've also checked with WebOS Quickinstall, and the ACAL does not show up there in my patch list. Finally, when I look at available patches in Preware, the ACAL patch is listed and apparently available for download. Again, both patches are working great, but I'm wondering why the ACAL doesn't show up. Any advice would be appreciated!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post

What am I missing?
    Can you add a new one ?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Solved my own problem... I "bravely" went to preware and downloaded the ACAL patch "again" - which already was on my phone. While downloading from Preware, a message came up saying something like "interestingly, this patch already appears to be on your phone." In any case, it is now officially listed in my patch list... VERY BIZARRE -but a happy ending nonetheless !!!

Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    Weird situation... after doctoring to restore my wifi on a Sprint Palm Pre (btw, which worked), I decided to try out both advanced configuration patches. I've got both the System Preferences AND App Launcher patches working (used the Wiki site for instructions for both).

I love both - but for some strange reason the ACAL doesn't show up in my Preware patch list. The ACSP is listed! I've also checked with WebOS Quickinstall, and the ACAL does not show up there in my patch list. Finally, when I look at available patches in Preware, the ACAL patch is listed and apparently available for download. Again, both patches are working great, but I'm wondering why the ACAL doesn't show up. Any advice would be appreciated!!!
    Is there a way to show all apps (or sort?)...even hidden?.. Does Internalz or another proggy do this? I was impatient and clicked an icon, and as the menu was coming up and hit "hide" instead, on the launcher using OPT+click. Thanks...
  18.    #1298  
    Quote Originally Posted by copasetic View Post
    Is there a way to show all apps (or sort?)...even hidden?.. Does Internalz or another proggy do this? I was impatient and clicked an icon, and as the menu was coming up and hit "hide" instead, on the launcher using OPT+click. Thanks...
    Moved this to correct thread...

See the wiki (link in first post) for how to unhide apps.
    Sorry if this is redundant, but I have searched this thread and found nothing on this: Is there a way to make page names appear in the tabs, rather than #1, etc.? I understand length would be an issue, but perhaps long names could be truncated.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldyman View Post
    Sorry if this is redundant, but I have searched this thread and found nothing on this: Is there a way to make page names appear in the tabs, rather than #1, etc.? I understand length would be an issue, but perhaps long names could be truncated.
    Nope.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie