Page 64 of 72 FirstFirst ... 14545960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1431
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    << Post moved to the Advanced Configuration for Systems Preferences thread. >>

Well it seems I lost the post when moving it to the other thread. Sorry about that. I'm trying to get used to moving/merging posts and threads.

To answer your question.... the messaging problem you are seeing is a known issue with the recent version of the patch. Sconix is looking into the problem. If you feel like it, you could re-post your question in the correct thread.

Sorry again for botching the moving of your post.
    are you a mod ?? Or just a member wit benefits ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    are you a mod ?? Or just a member wit benefits ??
    Ok, I have been meaning to say something to you about your account avatar. "I like turtles!" Ha ha ha.. That was a funny clip. I never saw that video until it was on Tosh.

To answer your question, along with Sconix, Tobias Funke and I are mods for Sconix's sub-forum.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 10/14/2010 at 03:24 PM.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by liight View Post
    Under Ring & Alert Tones, I have set the Notify sound as short clip specific to text messages. When I press and hold the power button I get the same sound. Am I using it wrong?
    Wrong thread.

<< Post moved to the ACSP thread. >>

EDIT: Hurray! I didn't botch this one!
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 10/14/2010 at 03:36 PM.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  4.    #1264  
    Quote Originally Posted by Linger View Post
    I asked in the Lite List Launcher thread for help but didn't get a reply. I'm not sure where else to request a compatible version. Where might I find the old versions of Advance Configuration for Launcher, specifically v1.4.3-6?
    The old versions are missing lot of configuration and had bugs also. So I am not sure how vice it is to use them, but I think they should be found in the url where Preware downloads packages (ipkg.preware.org/feeds). Anyway the fix for Lite List Launcher would be easy only modifications needed for the css file so hopefully someone does a compatible version.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The old versions are missing lot of configuration and had bugs also. So I am not sure how vice it is to use them, but I think they should be found in the url where Preware downloads packages (ipkg.preware.org/feeds). Anyway the fix for Lite List Launcher would be easy only modifications needed for the css file so hopefully someone does a compatible version.
    Actually if I read the tweet correctly, since all carriers are on 1.4.5 (except Telcel), I think all non 1.4.5 patches have been removed from Preware (like the 1.4.3-x Linger was looking for). Now if it were for the older 1.4.5 version of ACAL, I don't know, but like you said there were many fixes and such that getting the LLL patch made compatible would be the route to go.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I had this patch installed and working well, but I wanted the other AC patch for preferences. I got an installation error, so I manually deleted all my patches until I was able to get the ACSP patch installed. Then I tried to install this patch and I got the following error.

postinst
    -1: Unable to rund command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ingnored

Then it removed the package.

I tried to delete pdf viewer...since I don't use it much. And that still didn't help.

I then followed your instructions to install the EPR patch and reinstall and still nothing. I don't know what else to do. I have ACSP working fine, but ACAL won't install.

Please help
    Quote Originally Posted by omatus View Post
    I had this patch installed and working well, but I wanted the other AC patch for preferences. I got an installation error, so I manually deleted all my patches until I was able to get the ACSP patch installed. Then I tried to install this patch and I got the following error.

postinst
    -1: Unable to rund command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ingnored

I tried to delete pdf viewer...since I don't use it much. And that still didn't help.

I then followed your instructions to install the EPR patch and reinstall and still nothing. I don't know what else to do. I have ACSP working fine, but ACAL won't install.

Please help
    Trying to remove the PDF Viewer is not possible (I think). You might have had a patch installed related to hiding the PDF Viewer, but running EPR should have cleared that.

So as your post ended, you have done:

* Ran EPR
    * Installed ACSP.

Is that where you stand currently?

At that point you try to install ACAL and it fails?
    You have no other patches installed at that point (except ACSP)?
    If all you have after running EPR is the ACSP patch install, ACAL should install just fine.

Actually since this is related to ACAL, you should remove any theme you may have installed as well. Then try again.

If that don't work, let's establish a fresh start, step by step and go from there.

1. Remove any theme you have installed.
    2. Run EPR from Preware. (Restart your device if EPR didn't for you)
    3. Install ACAL first. (restart luna)
    4. Install ACSP next. (restart luna)
    5. Install your other patches (don't try to install any that provide the same functionality as ACAL or ACSP).
    6. Try installing your theme. Some themes won't work with ACAL. (I believe in the earlier posts of this thread there were some themes listed that are compatible with ACAL. Personally I am using the Glass Effect Suite theme. It works well with ACAL/ACSP.

If you end up following the 6 steps above, please report back any problem you encounter along the way before proceeding to the next step. If you don't have problems, keep going.

Hope this helps.

8.    #1268  
    Quote Originally Posted by omatus View Post

postinst
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ingnored

Please help
    If you managed to delete PDF viewer the patch does not install. It needs that file to exist.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If you managed to delete PDF viewer the patch does not install. It needs that file to exist.
    good point.

Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Trying to remove the PDF Viewer is not possible (I think). You might have had a patch installed related to hiding the PDF Viewer, but running EPR should have cleared that.

So as your post ended, you have done:

* Ran EPR
    * Installed ACSP.

Is that where you stand currently?

At that point you try to install ACAL and it fails?
    You have no other patches installed at that point (except ACSP)?
    If all you have after running EPR is the ACSP patch install, ACAL should install just fine.

Actually since this is related to ACAL, you should remove any theme you may have installed as well. Then try again.

If that don't work, let's establish a fresh start, step by step and go from there.

1. Remove any theme you have installed.
    2. Run EPR from Preware. (Restart your device if EPR didn't for you)
    3. Install ACAL first. (restart luna)
    4. Install ACSP next. (restart luna)
    5. Install your other patches (don't try to install any that provide the same functionality as ACAL or ACSP).
    6. Try installing your theme. Some themes won't work with ACAL. (I believe in the earlier posts of this thread there were some themes listed that are compatible with ACAL. Personally I am using the Glass Effect Suite theme. It works well with ACAL/ACSP.

If you end up following the 6 steps above, please report back any problem you encounter along the way before proceeding to the next step. If you don't have problems, keep going.

Hope this helps.
    repair utility will do wonders as long as you run it override compatibility mode
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    repair utility will do wonders as long as you run it override compatibility mode
    yeah I forget about that.

I vouch to that!

Shadavis08 has helped me twice already in the last week by suggesting the repair utility in override compatibility mode. It has done wonders.

Give that a go omatus
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Thank you all. I ran the repair utility and reinstalled the pdf viewer. I was then able to install both patches. Apparently I did something to cause pdf viewer not to work and I thought deleting it might help.

Thanks again.
    Glad it worked for you

Those who Palm together should stick together
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Hey guys I had a weird thing happen today,

Let me first say Its a Sprint Pre+ running 1.2ghz w/ NO issues at all for 6 wks and Im a power user.
    Today I was playing Angry Birds as I do everyday and all of the sudden it locked up (never happened before) and I had to do a battery pull. (no problem here, its a good idea to hard reset electronics periodically) The weird thing, and why Im posting this here was that when it came back on my wallpaper had reverted back to factory and the ACAL had reverted back to original. All page names were gone and all hidden icons reappeared as well as all settings back to when I first installed the ACAL.
    Im not saying that this Patch was the Problem, just saying this patch and my wallpaper were the only things affected.

Any Ideas?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Hey guys I had a weird thing happen today,

Let me first say Its a Sprint Pre+ running 1.2ghz w/ NO issues at all for 6 wks and Im a power user.
    Today I was playing Angry Birds as I do everyday and all of the sudden it locked up (never happened before) and I had to do a battery pull. (no problem here, its a good idea to hard reset electronics periodically) The weird thing, and why Im posting this here was that when it came back on my wallpaper had reverted back to factory and the ACAL had reverted back to original. All page names were gone and all hidden icons reappeared as well as all settings back to when I first installed the ACAL.
    Im not saying that this Patch was the Problem, just saying this patch and my wallpaper were the only things affected.

Any Ideas?

Well I'll be darned.

The same exact thing happened to me 2sslow, I never posted it here because since then I have had no such incident repeat itself.

It happened weeks ago, and actually occurred twice, both after battery pulls.

I run the 1ghz Uber, Verizon Pre+ Medium-Heavy user.

* So I am not the only one to experience this. Quite a relief. I have not yet seen anywhere throughout the thread of this happen to anyone else. *
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Well I'll be darned.

The same exact thing happened to me 2sslow, I never posted it here because since then I have had no such incident repeat itself.

It happened weeks ago, and actually occurred twice, both after battery pulls.

I run the 1ghz Uber, Verizon Pre+ Medium-Heavy user.

* So I am not the only one to experience this. Quite a relief. I have not yet seen anywhere throughout the thread of this happen to anyone else. *

Good to know its not just me! lol

Maybe sconix will have something to say about this.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Today I was playing Angry Birds as I do everyday and all of the sudden it locked up (never happened before) and I had to do a battery pull. (no problem here, its a good idea to hard reset electronics periodically)
    I had something very similiar happen to my phone. I had just pressed on the 'Angry Bird' icon and it seemed to have just started up when I received a call, which I answered. After I hung up after finishing the call, 'Angry Birds' seemed to have locked up, in fact the phone stopped responding so I decided to ait till it would respond again, but in less than a minute the phone itself restarted. Upon restarting everything on the phone seemed to be just as it is supposed to. I have no idea what caused the problem but I thought I'd mention this after reading your post.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Just a reminder..if you get a lock up, before you try a battery pull, try to do a forced reset by either:
    1. Press the Option (Orange/Silver), SYM and R keys at the same time
    2. Press-and-hold the Power Button and then slide the ringer-switch back-and-forth three times

A battery pull should only be an action of last resort!

Details on our Tips page: http://www.precentral.net/reboot-your-phone
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    If your phone locks up and certain settings seem 'reset' or screwed up, it is because a database was either wiped or corrupted. Different databases will cause different issues. It is rare, but can happen to anyone and usually seems to happen when the phone crashes.

If there is any cause for the crash it was probably memory related, considering that UK was installed and a PDK app was running.