Page 62 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12525758596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1431
    Quote Originally Posted by XenioMorph View Post
    When I click 'Hide', the dialog box stays on screen unless I back-gesture. The app font goes lighter, but the app still appears. Also, there's no option to make it 'show'.

Thoughts?
    Are you hiding the app from the List All Applications from the Launcher App Menu or are you hiding it from the Launcher itself (e.g. Gesture + Tap the app)?

If you're doing the latter, I don't see that. You might have something else buggered up.

If your doing hiding it from the List All Applications from the Launcher App Menu, then that is normal.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Is this patch (Advanced Launcher Configuration) compatible with the new Advanced System Configuration patch?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Yes

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Another question:
    After a needed partial deleting (via options of webos) I've the problem, that I can't update the patch and EPR doesn't work for it.
    Do you have a suggestion for me, how I can uninstall or update my system?
    Other Patches are able to update with a short info, that it seems look like the patch is already installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwidion View Post
    Another question:
    After a needed partial deleting (via options of webos) I've the problem, that I can't update the patch and EPR doesn't work for it.
    Do you have a suggestion for me, how I can uninstall or update my system?
    Other Patches are able to update with a short info, that it seems look like the patch is already installed.
    Well I am not sure I follow the first part of your post, but you say EPR didn't work? What didn't work about it?

I'd say, try to run EPR (again). Then post back any problems and we can go from there.

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Thank you for your help. But as I mentioned: It doesn't work.
    Here is my protocol after EPR & try to install ACAL:

download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    94 33184 94 31408 0 0 5145 0 0:00:06 0:00:06 --:--:-- 36267
    100 33184 100 33184 0 0 5433 0 0:00:06 0:00:06 --:--:-- 38142
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    install-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/dialogs/app-info.html.rej
    5 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/app-info-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    5 out of 11 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/models/launcher-pages.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html.rej
    3 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/reorder-controller.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)
    delete
    Nichts Interessantes.
    failed
    Nichts Interessantes.

Edit: Rest of protocol
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    BTW: All of my patches are now unistalled and Emergency install doesn't work, but thats not your problem ^^
    Thank you for your help. But as I mentioned: It doesn't work.
    Here is my protocol after EPR & try to install ACAL:

download
    94 33184 94 31408 0 0 5145 0 0:00:06 0:00:06 --:--:-- 36267
    100 33184 100 33184 0 0 5433 0 0:00:06 0:00:06 --:--:-- 38142
    identify
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    install-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/dialogs/app-info.html.rej
    5 out of 5 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/app-info-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    5 out of 11 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/models/launcher-pages.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html.rej
    3 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/reorder-controller.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)
    delete
    Nichts Interessantes.
    failed
    Nichts Interessantes.

Edit: Rest of protocol
    Ok. So EPR runs fine, you restarted your phone afterwards?
    Then after a restart, you try to install the ACAL patch and you got that error.

That's all to the error?
    Nothing in the error about "hunks failed...' or "...saving rejects to file..."?

EDIT: I see you updated your post. Give me a minute to read over and I will get back to you.

Well, it seems like those files are messed up. I'll do some more digging and get back to you later since I have to leave right now. If someone else takes over and gets you back in business, then great. If not, I'll see what I can do to help you later when I can get back online.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 10/05/2010 at 08:25 AM.

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    I can't find the option for removing the page indicators . The phone is an AT&T Palm Pixi Plus on which I've installed Advance Configuration for Launcher v1.4.3-6, Lite List Launcher v1.4.3-1 and Gesture Tap for Info and Delete v1.4.3-1
    in page settings turn page indicators off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linger View Post
    I can't find the option for removing the page indicators . The phone is an AT&T Palm Pixi Plus on which I've installed Advance Configuration for Launcher v1.4.3-6, Lite List Launcher v1.4.3-1 and Gesture Tap for Info and Delete v1.4.3-1
    The patch has been updated for 1.4.5. The version your using (which is 1.4.3.x) most likely does not have the latest features such as the hiding/showing the page indicators among other things. The older versions as you have it exist, but won't be maintained. So until you get 1.4.5 on ATT, (they still don't right?) your stuck using current features of the release your running on that webOS version.

Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    in page settings turn page indicators off.
    I don't have that either.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    The patch has been updated for 1.4.5. The version your using (which is 1.4.3.x) most likely does not have the latest features such as the hiding/showing the page indicators among other things. The older versions as you have it exist, but won't be maintained. So until you get 1.4.5 on ATT, (they still don't right?) your stuck using current features of the release your running on that webOS version.
    Yep, I'm still stuck on 1.4.3. Well, thanks anyway. I can't wait to get the full featured patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linger View Post
    Yep, I'm still stuck on 1.4.3.
    Yeah, that sucks. Too bad man. Even at that version you still have a pretty awesome patch to use.

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Know I've had completly erased my PrePlus and try afterwards to reinstall. the result is this Protocol:
    download
    59 47748 59 28527 0 0 12727 0 0:00:03 0:00:02 0:00:01 17405
    100 47748 100 47748 0 0 21198 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 28938
    identify
    org.webosinternals.lsdiff
    install
    completed
    Nichts Interessantes.
    download
    93 108k 93 100k 0 0 32269 0 0:00:03 0:00:03 --:--:-- 40377
    100 108k 100 108k 0 0 34535 0 0:00:03 0:00:03 --:--:-- 43188
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patch
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    completed
    Nichts Interessantes.
    download
    42 33184 42 14127 0 0 7116 0 0:00:04 0:00:01 0:00:03 11522
    100 33184 100 33184 0 0 13836 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 20234
    identify
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    install-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    postinst
    Apply anyway? [n]
    remove
    delete
    Nichts Interessantes.
    failed
    Nichts Interessantes.

Afterwards I#ve runned the EPR again, reboot and tried another Install of your multipatch with this result:
    download
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- 0:00:03 --:--:-- 0
    100 33184 100 33184 0 0 7870 0 0:00:04 0:00:04 --:--:-- 38186
    identify
    install
    mkdir-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    install-prerm
    Nichts Interessantes.
    postinst
    Apply anyway? [n]
    remove
    delete
    Nichts Interessantes.
    failed
    Nichts Interessantes.

Conclusio:
    I can't Install for what ever and for now I must give it up. If you have any suggestion for solving the problem, I'm open.
    Otherwise I've got no chance to install this patch again.
    Know I've had completly erased my PrePlus and try afterwards to reinstall. the result is this Protocol:
    download
    59 47748 59 28527 0 0 12727 0 0:00:03 0:00:02 0:00:01 17405
    100 47748 100 47748 0 0 21198 0 0:00:02 0:00:02 --:--:-- 28938
    identify
    org.webosinternals.lsdiff
    install

Conclusio:
    I can't Install for what ever and for now I must give it up. If you have any suggestion for solving the problem, I'm open.
    Otherwise I've got no chance to install this patch again.
    Would you be against doctoring your phone at this point?
    If so, lets start there and take it step by step to get your phone back again.

I don't recall seeing/asking about this, but you are on webOS 1.4.5, right?

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    May Pre (Sprint, 1.4.5) has been crashing frequently since installing this patch. The last time I remember this happening with this frequency was when I used the "wrap pages" patch.

I have the following patches installed:

100 more autoreplace
    Ad Blocker
    Add Bing and Yahoo
    Add Date -MM/DD
    Add Option to Send Link Message
    Advanced Configuration for App Launcher
    Advanced Reset Options
    Allow Browser in Low Mem
    AutoSpeakerphone via Proximity Sensor Delayed
    Call Duration in Call Log
    Character Counter
    Close Slider to End Regular Phone Calls Only
    Device Menu Megamix
    Glass Effect
    Match State to Area Code
    Multi Mod
    No Auto Refresh After Idle
    Open to Alarm List
    Really Silent Ringer Switch Mute
    Ringer Switch Icon
    Rotated Battery Icon and Percentage Color
    Share Larger Videos Via Email
    Show Wifi SSID
    UberCalendar
    Unthrottle Download Manager

I am also running UberKernel with Screenstate 500/800.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?
  17.    #1237  
    Quote Originally Posted by alanh View Post
    May Pre (Sprint, 1.4.5) has been crashing frequently since installing this patch. The last time I remember this happening with this frequency was when I used the "wrap pages" patch.

I have the following patches installed:

100 more autoreplace
    Ad Blocker
    Add Bing and Yahoo
    Add Date -MM/DD
    Add Option to Send Link Message
    Advanced Configuration for App Launcher
    Advanced Reset Options
    Allow Browser in Low Mem
    AutoSpeakerphone via Proximity Sensor Delayed
    Call Duration in Call Log
    Character Counter
    Close Slider to End Regular Phone Calls Only
    Device Menu Megamix
    Glass Effect
    Match State to Area Code
    Multi Mod
    No Auto Refresh After Idle
    Open to Alarm List
    Really Silent Ringer Switch Mute
    Ringer Switch Icon
    Rotated Battery Icon and Percentage Color
    Share Larger Videos Via Email
    Show Wifi SSID
    UberCalendar
    Unthrottle Download Manager

I am also running UberKernel with Screenstate 500/800.

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?
    If you mean real phone crashes then no patch can do that (of course if patch somehow stresses the system more it can cause your phone to crash but its still a hardware/kernel fault). Only the uber kernel could cause something like that. If you mean that the apps misbehave then you might have some patches that cause problems.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Would you be against doctoring your phone at this point?
    If so, lets start there and take it step by step to get your phone back again.

I don't recall seeing/asking about this, but you are on webOS 1.4.5, right?
    Before complete doctoring I've tried the WebOSRepairUtility with this result:
    Apply anyway? [n]

Know i will doctoring.

BTW: PrePlus from O2 and webos 1.4.5
    Before complete doctoring I've tried the WebOSRepairUtility with this result:....Know i will doctoring. BTW: PrePlus from O2 and webos 1.4.5
    Sorry your having so much trouble. Eventually we'll get to the bottom of it.

So doctor your phone.
    Install Preware.
    Install this patch.

Make sure to restart Luna when prompted to at any point.
    Report any problems along the way.

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    Sorry your having so much trouble. Eventually we'll get to the bottom of it.

So doctor your phone.
    Install Preware.
    Install this patch.

Make sure to restart Luna when prompted to at any point.
    Report any problems along the way.
    OK, the doctor solved my problem. But it was a lot of work, unitl it's working.
    Now I've got the actuell patch. Thank you for your help.