Page 61 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1431
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfbuckingham View Post
    i've removed all launcher patches, but i still can't get the advanced config launcher patch to install. i keep getting the error message: "2 out of 13 hunks failed." is there anything else i can do? i'd really like to have this useful patch!
    For what it's worth: I had the same issue, but, I got past it (mostly).

Check to make sure you don't have any icon patches (ie: 4 x 4) installed. If you do, remove & try again.

- If all else fails, run EPR (Preware + List of Everything + search for Emergency Patch Recovery) --> that will remove ALL of your patches. Make sure it does a luna reboot at the end & then try installing this patch again.

For more info, take a look at this link from the WebOS Internals people:

Patch:AdvancedConfigurations - WebOS Internals
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    For what it's worth: I had the same issue, but, I got past it (mostly).

Check to make sure you don't have any icon patches (ie: 4 x 4) installed. If you do, remove & try again.

- If all else fails, run EPR (Preware + List of Everything + search for Emergency Patch Recovery) --> that will remove ALL of your patches. Make sure it does a luna reboot at the end & then try installing this patch again.

For more info, take a look at this link from the WebOS Internals people:

[url= - WebOS Internals[/url]
    For what its worth, it is much more efficient and not so time consuming to just type Emergency in the preware main screen and click enter, rather than browse for it under the 'List Of Everything'. A list of all of the Emergency Utility apps. Will appear. Fom there, simply choose the appropriate Emergency Utility and run it/install.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Well for now I am done with this patch, I will need to address my other patches and MS for now. They have been lagging behind for some time now.

About the converting this into an app I actually would like to do it since when dealing with patches the current Palms implementation limits a bit regarding what I can do or what is reasonable to do with the app launcher. The reason why I don't see it reasonable at the moment is the fact that you cannot edit the quick launcher app launcher link nor the up swipe thing like what is launched on that action. So I don't think nobody would like to use app launcher to bring up a app launcher
    No problem! I perfectly understand working on other things. You have your fingers in a lot of plates (mmm... that's not the best expression I could have used, LOL!).

At least you didn't say you hated the idea, which means, when you do come back to putting more time in the patch, it might get done. So thanks for at least considering it in a future update.

I'm sure other users want your attention on the other patches, especially MS (Mode Switcher).

I'm still trying to learn that better!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    How do I find the wiki for the whats new in the update?
    it's also in the first post of this thread..
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/250047-advanced-configuration-app-launcher.html
    sj
    Alright... so I installed this, and was testing some things... I deleted all of my pages, and when i readded them i have no apps on my pages

I've tried uninstaling the patch, i tried to do a reset on the handheld, and i've also tried the webOS doctor. neither restored my pages or my apps to my pages.

Is there a way to load all the patch 'shortcut's to the launcher? or a way to revert these changes?

Thanks
  6.    #1206  
    Quote Originally Posted by tshile View Post
    Alright... so I installed this, and was testing some things... I deleted all of my pages, and when i readded them i have no apps on my pages

I've tried uninstaling the patch, i tried to do a reset on the handheld, and i've also tried the webOS doctor. neither restored my pages or my apps to my pages.

Is there a way to load all the patch 'shortcut's to the launcher? or a way to revert these changes?

Thanks
    I thought it is not possible to delete the last page. Maybe I need to prevent that in my patch.

About getting you back in the business, my guess is that by deleting the database file where the launcher pages are stored you will get the basic setup back. See few posts back there should have been a post about removing an database file in situation where it gets corrupted and the pages wont get saved.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I thought it is not possible to delete the last page. Maybe I need to prevent that in my patch.

About getting you back in the business, my guess is that by deleting the database file where the launcher pages are stored you will get the basic setup back. See few posts back there should have been a post about removing an database file in situation where it gets corrupted and the pages wont get saved.
    alright, thanks. i'm searching for that now.

to be fair, i deleted all but one page. i tjus tso happened that the one page left was a blank page
  8.    #1208  
    alright, thanks. i'm searching for that now.

to be fair, i deleted all but one page. i tjus tso happened that the one page left was a blank page
    In this case the apps should have always been moved to the previous page when deleting page. This is Palm's code not something that mine patch modifies. So maybe something else went wrong or maybe the database already had some "errors". Hard to say, at least I have tested deleting all but the last page and never had any problems in emulator. Anyway the deleting the app launcher database is the best bet in trying to get things back to normal if restarting phone has not helped.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    In this case the apps should have always been moved to the previous page when deleting page. This is Palm's code not something that mine patch modifies. So maybe something else went wrong or maybe the database already had some "errors". Hard to say, at least I have tested deleting all but the last page and never had any problems in emulator. Anyway the deleting the app launcher database is the best bet in trying to get things back to normal if restarting phone has not helped.
    Sounds good. I've been unable to locate instructions on how to do that, but i'll keep looking

I imagine it backed up my app launched database to my palm profile (this happened last night, i decided to wait until morning to try to fix, it probably backed up over night). So running webOS Doctor, then signing into my palm profile, probably reloads the corrupted DB
  10.    #1210  
    Sounds good. I've been unable to locate instructions on how to do that, but i'll keep looking

I imagine it backed up my app launched database to my palm profile (this happened last night, i decided to wait until morning to try to fix, it probably backed up over night). So running webOS Doctor, then signing into my palm profile, probably reloads the corrupted DB
    That is possible so you definitely want to try to resolve this before doctoring. At least it does not hurt. I am not in front of my PC so cannot look the info about the database for you, but it might have been in my System Menus patches thread as well I am not sure which one, but it was not too long ago. You might find it by using /var as a search word since I know that the path was under /var directory.
    Yeah I cannot find it. I'm currently working with the WebOS Repair utility to hopefully fix it... we'll see when it finishes downloading the latest webos doctor jar file.

If, before I post back saying i fixed it, you happen to know where the database is, let me know

thanks for your help!
    ALright, I was able to fix it by creating a new palm profile so it would stop reloading the bad db from the backup.

If i was better with the webos repair utility, i could have done it that way. or if i had doctored it before the backup ran that would have worked.

Thanks for your help, love the patch. I suspect a previous app launcher patch corrupted the db
    Good to see that you got your Pre back to normal
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
  14.    #1214  
    ALright, I was able to fix it by creating a new palm profile so it would stop reloading the bad db from the backup.

If i was better with the webos repair utility, i could have done it that way. or if i had doctored it before the backup ran that would have worked.

Thanks for your help, love the patch. I suspect a previous app launcher patch corrupted the db
    At least patches should not be able to corrupt that file, but it is very common that forceful shutdown of the phone will corrupt the database file.

do not delete app pages unless absolutely necessary !! Ha ha ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    'Backswipe gesture to the last active page' is a great idea. You really should be working for Palm you know.
    You are absolutely right that most people use 'up swipe' to close the launcher and the backswipe in the launcher is a totally wasted gesture right now.

Naa.. I think the 'backswipe to last active page' idea is much better. That in conjunction with what 'garavin' has suggested would be really nice.
    Do you guys know of the gesture swipe to the right feature. I just stumbled across this and it is a great feature. If you swipe to the right in the gesture area, a popup displays with a choice of which page you want to go to. I use this all the time as I have 5 pages in the launcher, named: Media and GPS, Games, Utilities, Pre services, and Rarely Used.

I love this patch!!
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Do you guys know of the gesture swipe to the right feature. I just stumbled across this and it is a great feature. If you swipe to the right in the gesture area, a popup displays with a choice of which page you want to go to. I use this all the time as I have 5 pages in the launcher, named: Media and GPS, Games, Utilities, Pre services, and Rarely Used.

I love this patch!!
    Didn't know that one, thanks for pointing it out!
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Do you guys know of the gesture swipe to the right feature. I just stumbled across this and it is a great feature. If you swipe to the right in the gesture area, a popup displays with a choice of which page you want to go to....
    Seems I forgot to add that to the wiki. I'll do that soon.
    Thanks for pointing it out.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Had an idea for this patch.

Would it be possible to show the app id in the pop up when you gesture-tap the icon? Perhaps real tiny under the existing detail above the buttons? This would help in finding the specific app in the directory tree (like in Internalz). Ihave soe many apps that it gets difficult to read through them all.

Just a thought for any future changes to this awesome patch.

thx
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaki View Post
    To unhide... open the launcher preferences -> List All Applications
    In there you'll see the apps that you have hidden (lighter color font) and you can click on them and choose 'show'.
    When I click 'Hide', the dialog box stays on screen unless I back-gesture. The app font goes lighter, but the app still appears. Also, there's no option to make it 'show'.

Thoughts?