Page 60 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1431
  1. #1181  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Is it possible to have wrapping and page animation enabled at the same time?
    No. It isn't. That is explained both in the wiki and here in the thread, in recent pages.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

    "Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

    Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Sign up and get 250mb of extra space FREE
  2. blaidan's Avatar
    Posts
    145 Posts
    Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    #1182  
    This patch is worth it's weight in gold if for no other reason than being able to quickly and easily hide any of the built-in apps in the launcher.

    Thanks much!
  3. #1183  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I hope you dont have any gesture menu patches installed.
    Nope....

    I'll EPR when I have time.
  4. #1184  
    lost all my installed apps, patches still installed and working. Phone locked up while playing a game, did a battery pull and now everything is blank, well only installed apps, so I am thinking I may be able to fix it.. Or at least retrieve a list for my records of installed apps. I haven't had time to get on a pc or irc and investigate. I did update the patch yesterday, not throwing accusations just putting it out there in case anyone else has problems. I did have to get back into the profile and sync my synergy stuff but interestingly enough I think everything was really still in place except the apps.
  5.    #1185  
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    lost all my installed apps, patches still installed and working. Phone locked up while playing a game, did a battery pull and now everything is blank, well only installed apps, so I am thinking I may be able to fix it.. Or at least retrieve a list for my records of installed apps. I haven't had time to get on a pc or irc and investigate. I did update the patch yesterday, not throwing accusations just putting it out there in case anyone else has problems. I did have to get back into the profile and sync my synergy stuff but interestingly enough I think everything was really still in place except the apps.
    Most likely the battery pull / crash caused some database to get messed up. At least nothing patch related.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  6. #1186  
    Sconix,

    Hi, I just noticed today that an update was available. I just read you message that you've included my request.

    I have to keep this short because I lost my glasses yesterday and I can't really read the screen, so it's hard to type this right now.

    I will check it out and report back to you about how it's working.

    I again want to thank you for modifying the patch so I could get as close to my request as possible.

    I hope others will appreciate what you have added and give it a try to see if it helps them in how they setup there launcher prefernces.

    I better get off this now, I should run out and get a pair of drug store glasses until I find my glasses.

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  7. #1187  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    .....It took me a while to figure out the whole 'page animation' thing. For those that still don't understand it or cannot see what it does: the key is to 'slowly' swipe the pages and you will see the difference. With 'page animation' the pages move with your finger in the direction of the swipe as if all the pages were one single scroll and as if you were physically moving the page with all the icons. Without 'page animation' the pages just get replaced with the next page and the page does not move in sync with your fingers.
    is there something wrong if my launcher behaves the same way with this setting on or off? all the other sliders on 'page settings' are off.
  8.    #1188  
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    is there something wrong if my launcher behaves the same way with this setting on or off? all the other sliders on 'page settings' are off.
    The page animation effects only the page jumping. Not normal swiping. You'll see the difference when you jump the page.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  9. #1189  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I will release the new version tonight and it will have it so that if you have default page set then when opening launcher the backswipe will take you to the last active page. And when ever page is jumped (through menu or tabs) the backswipe will take you to the previous page (page you jumped from).
    I just downloaded v1.4.5-72 and there seems to be a slight bug. Upon backswiping althogh the launcher switches to the last active page, the 'page name' does not change and stays the same, ie. the default 'page name'. In other words if I have a page called "Applications' set as my default page and the last 'active' page was 'Tools', then when I start the launcher it opens to the default page (Applications). Then when I backwipe, the launcher switches to the 'Tools' page but the dispalyed name remains 'Applications'.

    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    After normal page swipe it just closes the launcher as normally. Also when there is no previous page to go to. I would just prefer it to never close the launcher since there is separate action (up swipe) for that, but lets try first this. If people think the back swipe should never close the launcher then I am up for changing that, but first lets see this way.
    My vote is for "to never close the launcher since there is separate action (up swipe) for that". It is just confusing and unnecessary when the backswipe closes the launcher. Personally I think, the backswipe should simply recycle between the current and last active page. Thus if you backswipe from the default page, then it should take you to the last active page. In the absence of a 'default' page, the same logic of backswipe to go to last active page should work.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  10.    #1190  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I just downloaded v1.4.5-72 and there seems to be a slight bug. Upon backswiping althogh the launcher switches to the last active page, the 'page name' does not change and stays the same, ie. the default 'page name'. In other words if I have a page called "Applications' set as my default page and the last 'active' page was 'Tools', then when I start the launcher it opens to the default page (Applications). Then when I backwipe, the launcher switches to the 'Tools' page but the dispalyed name remains 'Applications'.

    My vote is for "to never close the launcher since there is separate action (up swipe) for that". It is just confusing and unnecessary when the backswipe closes the launcher. Personally I think, the backswipe should simply recycle between the current and last active page. Thus if you backswipe from the default page, then it should take you to the last active page. In the absence of a 'default' page, the same logic of backswipe to go to last active page should work.
    For me the name changes as it should. I wonder did I manage to put out the older version or maybe there is a certain setting that causes this. I will have to do some more testing.

    And about the backswipe closing the launcher I also would like to make it not to close the launcher. And if there is no votes against it I will change it for next release. I like the current logic for it to go to last active page when page is "jumped", but it could be made so it would recycle the two "current" and last active. Since in a sense the "jump" back is jump too so the backswipe logic to go back would be sensible.

    EDIT: seems that the page name does not change with page wrapping enabled. So will fix this for next release.
    Last edited by sconix; 09/26/2010 at 10:55 AM.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  11. #1191  
    I say "up swipe" to close launcher is enough, we can use the backswipe for something else. Thanks for giving the option to hide QL even when an app is selected and moved.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  12. #1192  
    sconix --

    ColonelKernel had an interesting idea on twitter -- "Hey #webOS Nation: What about a class of notification icons that only show up in Card View, to not continuoisly take up screen space? @Palm?"

    This made me think a bit... is there any way to add to your launcher patch (or make a new one) that would cause all notifications icons to be hidden while you have an App open, and only be shown while in card view? Just like you have an option to hide/show the Quick Launch Bar while in the full Launcher, I would love to see an option to hide/show notification icons while an app is loaded. thoughts? is this even doable?

    thanks!
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

    Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

    Like any of my work:
  13.    #1193  
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    sconix --

    ColonelKernel had an interesting idea on twitter -- "Hey #webOS Nation: What about a class of notification icons that only show up in Card View, to not continuoisly take up screen space? @Palm?"

    This made me think a bit... is there any way to add to your launcher patch (or make a new one) that would cause all notifications icons to be hidden while you have an App open, and only be shown while in card view? Just like you have an option to hide/show the Quick Launch Bar while in the full Launcher, I would love to see an option to hide/show notification icons while an app is loaded. thoughts? is this even doable?

    thanks!
    Definitely not a bad idea. Also definitely not task for app launcher patch. Almost perfect for my next patch which is released soon the advanced system preferences patch. About the do-ability I am not so sure, but I actually think this is possible, anyway I will definitely look into this. At least I would love to have this.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  14. #1194  
    That's a great idea. I hope that you can pull it off sconix.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

    "Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

    Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Sign up and get 250mb of extra space FREE
  15. #1195  
    about gesture area stuff, ive seen a patch request for full swipes to change launcher page left and right, like advanced gestures for cards. maybe this could be an option in the preferences page for this patch?
  16. #1196  
    How do I find the wiki for the whats new in the update?
    --Marvin
  17. #1197  
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  18. #1198  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    For me the name changes as it should. I wonder did I manage to put out the older version or maybe there is a certain setting that causes this. I will have to do some more testing.

    And about the backswipe closing the launcher I also would like to make it not to close the launcher. And if there is no votes against it I will change it for next release. I like the current logic for it to go to last active page when page is "jumped", but it could be made so it would recycle the two "current" and last active. Since in a sense the "jump" back is jump too so the backswipe logic to go back would be sensible.

    EDIT: seems that the page name does not change with page wrapping enabled. So will fix this for next release.
    Sconix,

    Ok, found my glasses! Whoopie!

    Alright, I've played with the new version and I love the backswipe feature you've added.

    I didn't realize that it was going to take two steps, it goes to the default page and then I need to do the backswipe and I get to my last active page.

    However, I am not getting that bug that the other user mentioned. When I do the backswipe and get to my last active page, the page name is correct on my Pre (I'm on a Sprint Pre).

    I would like to suggest some enhancements to the backswipe, which I think you might be considering anyway.

    I would like it if you could add in the Preferences menu and option to be able to program the backswipe.

    So just like the option 'put new apps' you've made the available selection 'on first page, on last page, on active page, on default page'.

    Have the same selection for the backswipe option that is added, and it can say 'on first page, on last page, on active page, on default page (which means do nothing, or make it do whatever I haven't thought of)'.

    That way everyone will have a basic choice in what they want the backswipe to do.

    On another topic:

    In thinking about all the work and stuff you now have in 'Advanced Configuration for App Launcher', why not turn it into an app so you can put it in Palm's App Catalog for sale.

    And since it really is a patch modifying system options, maybe there is a way to turn it into an app, using a copy of the launcher app. That why a user could use your app or Palm's basic launcher.

    I'm not sure what is allowed in the Catalog if you are using a program from Palm (the launcher) or can you use the api (not to sure what an api is but I know it's called Application Program Interface, am I right?). Anyway I'm not a developer but maybe you can turn it into an app and get it out there to users that would never be comfortable using Preware or WebOSQI to install patches. I think the general public would love to use a launcher with all these features in it. Heck, there is an app called Active Card out there, so there are alternative launchers. This would be just an alternative that looks and feels just like the original, which would make it very easy for the average user to learn how to use, they are already using it, but just now would have more features.

    And of course, you have to make sure it will be compatible with WebOS 2.0.

    So this is my suggestion for all the hard work you've done, and to get it out to the general public, and make some money in the end.

    Thanks!

    Rob

    UPDATE: After posting this message, I discovered that I am one version behind. I'm upgrading now. I looked at the 'changelog' to see what you've done!

    I like that you have the toggle now. And if you put the preferences option that I talked about in this message, that would be awesome with this toggle feature. And I liked that you have a forward swipe that brings down the page selection menu. I didn't read about that, I just tried it and found out that it does that. Great too!
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 09/26/2010 at 09:49 PM.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  19. #1199  
    Love the update sconix Great work.

    It's always awesome to get ideas fixed into these fantastic patches.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

    "Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

    Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Sign up and get 250mb of extra space FREE
  20.    #1200  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Sconix,

    Ok, found my glasses! Whoopie!

    Alright, I've played with the new version and I love the backswipe feature you've added.

    I didn't realize that it was going to take two steps, it goes to the default page and then I need to do the backswipe and I get to my last active page.

    However, I am not getting that bug that the other user mentioned. When I do the backswipe and get to my last active page, the page name is correct on my Pre (I'm on a Sprint Pre).

    I would like to suggest some enhancements to the backswipe, which I think you might be considering anyway.

    I would like it if you could add in the Preferences menu and option to be able to program the backswipe.

    So just like the option 'put new apps' you've made the available selection 'on first page, on last page, on active page, on default page'.

    Have the same selection for the backswipe option that is added, and it can say 'on first page, on last page, on active page, on default page (which means do nothing, or make it do whatever I haven't thought of)'.

    That way everyone will have a basic choice in what they want the backswipe to do.

    On another topic:

    In thinking about all the work and stuff you now have in 'Advanced Configuration for App Launcher', why not turn it into an app so you can put it in Palm's App Catalog for sale.

    And since it really is a patch modifying system options, maybe there is a way to turn it into an app, using a copy of the launcher app. That why a user could use your app or Palm's basic launcher.

    I'm not sure what is allowed in the Catalog if you are using a program from Palm (the launcher) or can you use the api (not to sure what an api is but I know it's called Application Program Interface, am I right?). Anyway I'm not a developer but maybe you can turn it into an app and get it out there to users that would never be comfortable using Preware or WebOSQI to install patches. I think the general public would love to use a launcher with all these features in it. Heck, there is an app called Active Card out there, so there are alternative launchers. This would be just an alternative that looks and feels just like the original, which would make it very easy for the average user to learn how to use, they are already using it, but just now would have more features.

    And of course, you have to make sure it will be compatible with WebOS 2.0.

    So this is my suggestion for all the hard work you've done, and to get it out to the general public, and make some money in the end.

    Thanks!

    Rob

    UPDATE: After posting this message, I discovered that I am one version behind. I'm upgrading now. I looked at the 'changelog' to see what you've done!

    I like that you have the toggle now. And if you put the preferences option that I talked about in this message, that would be awesome with this toggle feature. And I liked that you have a forward swipe that brings down the page selection menu. I didn't read about that, I just tried it and found out that it does that. Great too!
    Well for now I am done with this patch, I will need to address my other patches and MS for now. They have been lagging behind for some time now.

    About the converting this into an app I actually would like to do it since when dealing with patches the current Palms implementation limits a bit regarding what I can do or what is reasonable to do with the app launcher. The reason why I don't see it reasonable at the moment is the fact that you cannot edit the quick launcher app launcher link nor the up swipe thing like what is launched on that action. So I don't think nobody would like to use app launcher to bring up a app launcher
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.

Posting Permissions