Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast
    FYI..Save/restore (1.0.1 in testing feed) now supports saving data for this patch, although it currently requires Terminal to use. details are here: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2612486
    I am the creator of the PalmSpot entry “webOS Does, and Does, and Does Some More”, writes Save/Restore scripts and helps manage the script feed, and now writes webOS Nation's Tip of the Day

Got a good tip for webOS Nation's Tip of the Day? Please send me a PM or use the Contact Us form and select "Suggest a tip"

Like any of my work:
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    There has been 1.4.5 version available for long time now.
    another very nice feature that I just noticed today, if you orange + tap you page list at the top in your launcher, you are taken directly to the edit page area of the patch.. Very cool, skips the step of clicking the app launcher menu, click app launcher,then edit mode.. very cool sconix!
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    another very nice feature that I just noticed today, if you orange + tap you page list at the top in your launcher, you are taken directly to the edit page area of the patch.. Very cool, skips the step of clicking the app launcher menu, click app launcher,then edit mode.. very cool sconix!
    The all "hidden" features are listen on first post of my system patches thread. Like forward swipe for jump initiation etc.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ice-menus.html
  4.    #104  
    The next release of advanced configuration for app launcher patch will have tabs support as well. Thanks for one user's donation.
    this is one of my fav patches
    Agree - totally awesome patch.
    The next release of advanced configuration for app launcher patch will have tabs support as well. Thanks for one user's donation.
    Hi sconix, I am currently still using the named pages patch and would like to use your patch instead. However, I wonder if it is possible to tweak the page transitions on the launcher? Then named pages patch maintains the default fluid scrolling from one page to another on the launcher. Your patch doesn't do that and seems to rather skip to different pages. I much rather prefer the default scrolling for the launcher and was wondering if you have any plans of altering this?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    Hi sconix, I am currently still using the named pages patch and would like to use your patch instead. However, I wonder if it is possible to tweak the page transitions on the launcher? Then named pages patch maintains the default fluid scrolling from one page to another on the launcher. Your patch doesn't do that and seems to rather skip to different pages. I much rather prefer the default scrolling for the launcher and was wondering if you have any plans of altering this?
    Its perfectly fluent for me (and has always been) so its hard to fix something that I don't see. And no I am not running any overclocked kernel etc.
    Its perfectly fluent for me (and has always been) so its hard to fix something that I don't see. And no I am not running any overclocked kernel etc.
    I think Gaurav might have page wrapping (from last<-->first) enabled -- which makes the page swiping appear to just jump without fluid movement. If page wrapping is not enabled, swiping from page to page does not change any of the default WebOS transitions (as I understand it).
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I noticed the same thing. With page wrap enabled, the page to page transition is not fluid. I would love to use that option but the abrupt transition makes it more annoying that not being able to wrap pages.
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirIra View Post
    I noticed the same thing. With page wrap enabled, the page to page transition is not fluid. I would love to use that option but the abrupt transition makes it more annoying that not being able to wrap pages.
    Its the only way to implement wrapping for now at least. Its a limitation of WebOS scroller widget and the wrapping for that is a hack and hence cannot be made smoother than what it is. All other workarounds I tried ended up to the page change do multiple changes from time to time so they were even worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    I think Gaurav might have page wrapping (from last<-->first) enabled -- which makes the page swiping appear to just jump without fluid movement. If page wrapping is not enabled, swiping from page to page does not change any of the default WebOS transitions (as I understand it).
    Didn't know that! Thanks I'll try out the patch again to see if this works!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  13.    #113  
    New version of app launcher patch coming later today. See the following post for details.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2627124
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quickly getting this bit of info out there:
    This patch also now includes the gesture+tap for app info patch so uninstall that if you have it installed!
    I didn't know this at first and was surprised when I couldn't install the patch.

Sconix is quickly making the 'Launcher' category of patches in Preware obsolete.
    Very nice!!! Thanks! I like how you can hide an app but still get it through universal search.
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    sconix, i had this patch installed, then saw that there is an update today, for v1.4.5-42 and attempted to update, but am now getting an ipkg error message. did something major changed in -42 that may have caused this? i have the error log in an email that i can email you.

UPDATE: thx sconix. problem solved. the solution is to uninstall the "Gesture Tap for Info and Delete" patch, which is now included in the latest version of the "Advanced Configuration for App Launcher" patch.
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    sconix, i had this patch installed, then saw that there is an update today, for v1.4.5-42 and attempted to update, but am now getting an ipkg error message. did something major changed in -42 that may have caused this? i have the error log in an email that i can email you.
    Read couple posts back and you will get your answer...
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Awesome patch is awesome. Keep up the great work!
    Chaos begets chaos...
    Awesome .. Can I still get text messages if I hide the messenger app? Will The notification still pop up?
    --Marvin
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Awesome .. Can I still get text messages if I hide the messenger app? Will The notification still pop up?
    Yes.