Page 59 of 72 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1431
  1.    #1161  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    I personally would much rather not have the back swipe close the launcher, or revert back to the default page (In some cases). Now unless someone has 10 pages or more, doesn't use page tab header etc. I could see why someone would really like the backswipe revert back to default page.

But that's just me.
    I am with you with the closing and still thinking maybe I should do it so already for this release. Since having two actions to do the same thing is a bit stupid. And even it might suck for those who (if any) use the backswipe to close the launcher, but when they are educated about the up swipe I think they would be fine.

And no the backswipe wont take you to default page. I meant that if you have default page set then when you open launcher you have your default page then the backswipe would take you to last active page (where you were before closing the launcher) since thats the previous page you were before launcher took you to the default page. So this should be logical. So even with default page set you have a quick way to get to the last active page.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Ahh, I see. Thank you for clearing that up for me. That's actually a nifty idea to implement.

Swiping the card up and away is much cooler than a back swipe.

I like flicking cards at my friends. I act out throwing cards to my friends by maxing out the volume, swipe away cards in their direction, and say, can your iphone, android, blackberry do this? Catch!!! Lol
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 21 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
    help
    Looks like you still have a patch that conflicts with the advanced configuration in launcher patch.

Do you have a grid patch installed, a show/hide patch, PDF patch?
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 09/23/2010 at 04:06 AM.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

I uninstalled every patch the only two that I couldn't remove was advance launcher, and set avatar in left side. No theme, show/hide, or pdf. That what I don't get. Every other udate has gone just fine. Thanks for the help.
    Wait a sec, now I'm confused. You have advance launcher installed? Are you trying to update the advanced configuration launcher, or install it entirely from scratch?

If you have already uninstalled just about every patch, and you have some that won't uninstall, I suggest you run an EPR and then a file verification afterwards.

If you need any help with that, I can give you a step by step.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

sorry . . I do have it installed. I tried to update it wouldn't work for a couple days so I tried to remove. Where is that EPR at?
    Just to be sure, you said that the only patches that you have installed at the moment are, advanced configuration in the launcher and avatar on the left side, and they can not be uninstalled when you try? I wonder if avatar on left side conflicts??? Which if it does, don't know right off the bat why it would conflict with advanced config. In launcher.

First thing you want to do is save your package list. So you may go back and reinstall your patches after EPR and file verification.

To run the EPR, you need to open up preware. Type in Emergency,on the main screen, type enter.
    Now a list of different Linux utilities applications should appear. Click on the emergency patch recovery tab and install it. It can take anywhere from 5 minutes, 15, maybe even more. So just sit tight and let it do its thing.
    Luna restart.
    go back into preware, type in emergency again and hit enter.
    Next thing you want to do is click the Emergency File Verification tab. Let that do its thing and you are ready to go back and install all of you patches. I recommend that you swipe delete the advanced configuration in launcher from the saved packages list, and actually install it from the preware feed instead. Type in advanced in the preware main menu,install it first before your other patches. Enjoy.

Hope it works for you amigo. Let me know how it goes.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Just to be sure, you said that the only patches that you have installed at the moment are, advanced configuration in the launcher and avatar on the left side, and they can not be uninstalled when you try? I wonder if avatar on left side conflicts??? Which if it does, don't know right off the bat why it would conflict with advanced config. In launcher.

First thing you want to do is save your package list. So you may go back and reinstall your patches after EPR and file verification.

To run the EPR, you need to open up preware. Type in Emergency,on the main screen, type enter.
    Now a list of different Linux utilities applications should appear. Click on the emergency patch recovery tab and install it. It can take anywhere from 5 minutes, 15, maybe even more. So just sit tight and let it do its thing.
    Luna restart.
    go back into preware, type in emergency again and hit enter.
    Next thing you want to do is click the Emergency File Verification tab. Let that do its thing and you are ready to go back and install all of you patches. I recommend that you swipe delete the advanced configuration in launcher from the saved packages list, and actually install it from the preware feed instead. Type in advanced in the preware main menu,install it first before your other patches. Enjoy.

Hope it works for you amigo. Let me know how it goes.
    WORKED GREAT ! ! Thanx for your time ! !
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwonka75 View Post
    WORKED GREAT ! ! Thanx for your time ! !
    You are very welcome. I'm glad I could help.

Don't want to come across as a prude. So please don't take it that way.
    If you really want to show your thanks, there's a thanks tab for that
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Quote Originally Posted by mrwonka75 View Post
    sorry . . I do have it installed. I tried to update it wouldn't work for a couple days so I tried to remove. Where is that EPR at?
    As stated before, in the wiki under the troubleshooting section, are steps to correct your problem. Even pointing you to where EPR is and how to use it.

Glad you were able to get your issue finally figured out.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    The troubleshooting section has been updated on the wiki (do I really need to keep posting the link?) in hopes that it is a little more clear.

While the wiki can not cover every single step and detail of running the repair/recovery tools, I've provided links to those tool's wiki/forum pages in hopes that provides enough info to get a person through the necessary steps to run the tool and complete the task at hand.

If there are any suggestions/comments about the wiki page, please feel free to let me know and I will do my best to keep up with changes and work suggestions into the wiki as warranted.

I hope it has been a useful tool to all.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Since I did the last update to the patch the "gesture tap" and select app icon feature no longer works. Instead of giving me app info/delete/move options it just loads the app. I tried to remove the patch and reinstall to see if that would fix it, but I also cannot remove it anymore. Anyone else with this problem?
  14.    #1174  
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Since I did the last update to the patch the "gesture tap" and select app icon feature no longer works. Instead of giving me app info/delete/move options it just loads the app. I tried to remove the patch and reinstall to see if that would fix it, but I also cannot remove it anymore. Anyone else with this problem?
    If you cant remove the patch the you have installed some other patch or theme that has modified the same files which most likely is also causing the gesture+tap not working. You have to uninstall that conflicting patch first.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If you cant remove the patch the you have installed some other patch or theme that has modified the same files which most likely is also causing the gesture+tap not working. You have to uninstall that conflicting patch first.
    The only thing I have installed recently is a theme. I did not think a theme would break a patch like this. I will try to remove it and see what happens. I am currently using the Sleek and Simple theme. Thanks.
    I uninstalled my theme and still can't use the Gesture Tap and also can't uninstall the patch. Here is the error message.

Failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 21 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
  17.    #1177  
    I ininstalled my theme and still can't use the Gesture Tap and also can't uninstall the patch. Here is the error message.

Failed
    Well either something has had to modify the file after the patch was installed or then its also possible that the file was modified before installing the patch (by some other patch etc.). And the patch installed fine, but the file is now that much different that it don't know how to remove itself. So you might have to run EPR to get all sorted out.
    EPR is your only bet right now.
    I've seen that ipkg error a lot lately,with that same exact root.

its possible that a remnant may have been left behind fro either a patch or the theme.

In any case, definitely run a EPR as sconix suggested.
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 09/24/2010 at 05:17 AM. Reason: typo
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

I uninstalled my theme and still can't use the Gesture Tap and also can't uninstall the patch. Here is the error message.

Failed
    I hope you dont have any gesture menu patches installed.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Is it possible to have wrapping and page animation enabled at the same time?
    If this helped you hit thanks.