Page 58 of 72 FirstFirst ... 848535455565758596061626368 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1431
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    ^^^

If you have wrapping on, one of the side effects is that your finger does not have to move very far to change the page you're on. So it is very easy for a small movement to be detected as the opposite direction.

This is compounded further if you have one of the Reduce-Drag-Radius patches installed.
    Agreed. I use the Reduce Drag Radius to 8px patch (better control of sliders). When I used Page Wrapping, I used to get the pages moving in the wrong direction all the time. I turned off Page Wrapping and that resolved the issue. I use page headers so I really don't need it.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    What if I would change the default behavior of backswipe in the launcher
    Maybe add it to the Preferences screen as an option:

Backswipe to Last Active Page

When the option is On, it would work as you described. When Off, it would default to the normal WebOS behavior.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
    What if I would change the default behavior of backswipe in the launcher. Since I guess everybody uses the up swipe if they want to close launcher. So what if the backswipe would take you to the last active page when default page is set. Then you would always get the default page as you would expect when you have set default page, but you would have a fast way to get back to the last page you was by backswiping.
    'Backswipe gesture to the last active page' is a great idea. You really should be working for Palm you know.
    You are absolutely right that most people use 'up swipe' to close the launcher and the backswipe in the launcher is a totally wasted gesture right now.

Or just to make it so that backswipe would always get you to previous page and after that it would have the same default action of closing the launcher. So one swipe to go to previous page and two swipes to close the launcher. So that even those that are using backswipe for closing would not be completely lost.
    Naa.. I think the 'backswipe to last active page' idea is much better. That in conjunction with what 'garavin' has suggested would be really nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by garavin View Post
    Maybe add it to the Preferences screen as an option: Backswipe to Last Active Page
    When the option is On, it would work as you described. When Off, it would default to the normal WebOS behavior.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    I still can't get the update to work from preware! Cannot run command is what the log says any help ? ? ?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwonka75 View Post
    I still can't get the update to work from preware! Cannot run command is what the log says any help ? ? ?
    delete every single launcher patches, restart phone and try again
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    that's the thing I have done that already. No luck. Thanx.
    Is it technically possible to have both 'Page Wrapping' and 'Page Animation' together? Would be nice to ahve if possible.

PS: It took me a while to figure out the whole 'page animation' thing. For those that still don't understand it or cannot see what it does: the key is to 'slowly' swipe the pages and you will see the difference. With 'page animation' the pages move with your finger in the direction of the swipe as if all the pages were one single scroll and as if you were physically moving the page with all the icons. Without 'page animation' the pages just get replaced with the next page and the page does not move in sync with your fingers.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    The wiki has been updated to reflect the recent additions of some settings.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    that's the thing I have done that already. No luck. Thanx.
    Please post the complete error here as it will help in directing you as to what to do next.

Also, see the wiki page. There is some good info there regarding installation/updating and troubleshooting.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    I too was unable to install this patch. After 11 pages of this thread I found the answer to my install problem in post 209. Uninstall the prevent removal of pdf viwer patch. How would anyone know that was a launcher patch?
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm M515 - Treo 680 - Palm Pre+ at&t - HP 32G Touchpad - HP Pre3 at&t
    Quote Originally Posted by DonnyDuck88 View Post
    I too was unable to install this patch. After 11 pages of this thread I found the answer to my install problem in post 209. Uninstall the prevent removal of pdf viwer patch. How would anyone know that was a launcher patch?
    Well it is not a launcher patch, rather it is a patch that replicates some functionality of this patch.

The advanced configuration for app launcher patch conflicts with all patches that provide similar functionality, hence launcher patches, show/hide patches, grid patches (4x4, 5x5), etc...

This info is listed on the wiki under the installation and troubleshooting sections.

Glad to hear you were able to get your issue figured out.

unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT.
    1 out of 21 hunks FAILED.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Yes. you have to turn Page Wrapping off.

Likewise, you can also choose to have them both off.

I don't quite see or get what "Page Animation" does, or looks like.

Perhaps sconix or tobias funke can enlighten us
    too funny, I had tried to explain this too, but no one listened..
    sj
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    *clears throat*

Pardon me, but my [url]
    Was before your #1126 lol
    lol tooo funny..
    sj
    unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT.
    1 out of 21 hunks FAILED.
    That's not helpful.
    I was hoping it would have listed some more information. Usually it lists a path to a file that it was conflicting with and that yields some good info to tell what could be the problem.

That is the whole error?

Did you try the steps under the troubleshooting section on the wiki? The error may not be the same, but steps to correct them are.

Code wise what you describe its not feasible. What if I would change the default behavior of backswipe in the launcher. Since I guess everybody uses the up swipe if they want to close launcher. So what if the backswipe would take you to the last active page when default page is set. Then you would always get the default page as you would expect when you have set default page, but you would have a fast way to get back to the last page you was by backswiping.

Or just to make it so that backswipe would always get you to previous page and after that it would have the same default action of closing the launcher. So one swipe to go to previous page and two swipes to close the launcher. So that even those that are using backswipe for closing would not be completely lost.
    Sconix,

Wow, that would be just as good. It give me the best of both worlds, which is basically what I was asking for. You are giving me both of my requests (if it was two kinds of request that I was asking for).

Right now, I up swipe to close an app, which is what you said most people do, so I fall into that group.

The backswipe might work, just now while trying out the feel of it to see what it would be like, I do see a potential problem.

If an app, just for argument email, has a second page. If I open the email app and then open and individual email, then do a backswipe, I end back up in the Inbox.

So if you give me the backswipe how would Adv Launcher, react to the backswipe while I was in the email app with an opened email? Bring me back to the Inbox or go back to the last used Launcher page?

If it only brought me back to the Inbox, and then a second backswipe brings me to the last page in Adv Launcher, that would be OK.

Just want to make sure I don't give you more headaches if you decide to do this (for me)!

The other thing I used to get back the Launcher is to tap the 'center button' but I'm not sure how that would work on a Pre Plus, does that button still work?

I guess I don't use the Center Button to close the app, it just minimizes it, and just testing it out now, it also brings you back to the default page if you tap on it.

So either a backswipe or the center button.

Thanks for looking into this for me!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Is it technically possible to have both 'Page Wrapping' and 'Page Animation' together? Would be nice to ahve if possible.

PS: It took me a while to figure out the whole 'page animation' thing. For those that still don't understand it or cannot see what it does: the key is to 'slowly' swipe the pages and you will see the difference. With 'page animation' the pages move with your finger in the direction of the swipe as if all the pages were one single scroll and as if you were physically moving the page with all the icons. Without 'page animation' the pages just get replaced with the next page and the page does not move in sync with your fingers.
    That's a very good explanation! Now I can try it out and see what is better but from what I understand it's faster to keep the animation off, as logically it has to do some processing to get that effect.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

18.    #1158  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Sconix,

Wow, that would be just as good. It give me the best of both worlds, which is basically what I was asking for. You are giving me both of my requests (if it was two kinds of request that I was asking for).

Right now, I up swipe to close an app, which is what you said most people do, so I fall into that group.

The backswipe might work, just now while trying out the feel of it to see what it would be like, I do see a potential problem.

If an app, just for argument email, has a second page. If I open the email app and then open and individual email, then do a backswipe, I end back up in the Inbox.

So if you give me the backswipe how would Adv Launcher, react to the backswipe while I was in the email app with an opened email? Bring me back to the Inbox or go back to the last used Launcher page?

If it only brought me back to the Inbox, and then a second backswipe brings me to the last page in Adv Launcher, that would be OK.

Just want to make sure I don't give you more headaches if you decide to do this (for me)!

The other thing I used to get back the Launcher is to tap the 'center button' but I'm not sure how that would work on a Pre Plus, does that button still work?

I guess I don't use the Center Button to close the app, it just minimizes it, and just testing it out now, it also brings you back to the default page if you tap on it.

So either a backswipe or the center button.

Thanks for looking into this for me!

Rob
    The backswipe will go always to the app you have in foreground. So if you have email app it goes to that app. App launcher is just an app, and two apps can't be receiving commands at the same time. So there is no problem.

I will release the new version tonight and it will have it so that if you have default page set then when opening launcher the backswipe will take you to the last active page. And when ever page is jumped (through menu or tabs) the backswipe will take you to the previous page (page you jumped from).

After normal page swipe it just closes the launcher as normally. Also when there is no previous page to go to. I would just prefer it to never close the launcher since there is separate action (up swipe) for that, but lets try first this. If people think the back swipe should never close the launcher then I am up for changing that, but first lets see this way.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I personally would much rather not have the back swipe close the launcher, or revert back to the default page (In some cases). Now unless someone has 10 pages or more, doesn't use page tab header etc. I could see why someone would really like the backswipe revert back to default page.

But that's just me.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Just an idea.

How about something similar to VKB that you could tap to revert back to default? I.e. Three taps of the gesture area to return to the default.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR