Page 57 of 72 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1431
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ok now i have the option to animate but , it wont turn on ?? am i missing something ?
    Yes. you have to turn Page Wrapping off.

Likewise, you can also choose to have them both off.

I don't quite see or get what "Page Animation" does, or looks like.

Perhaps sconix or tobias funke can enlighten us
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    Randomly just crossed my mind, as I sat here thinking about it a bit.

Page Animation- Maybe has something to do with a animated background? i.e. warlord9159, and 2sslows animated launcher patch?

Just a hunch, stab in the dark
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Page Animation: What it's supposed to do, is offer the visual functionality of Wrapped Pages, without actually wrapping the pages, if the user desires. That's why it automatically switches to "Off" when "Wrap" is set to "On".

If you don't know what I mean, turn Wrap on and then swipe between pages. Then you will see.

I updated the patch, but changing the animation toggle isn't doing anything for me right now. Not sure if it's the same for everyone else. If it's not just me, I'm sure sconix will have it fixed shortly.
    wow i got it . it almost makes it like one big long page nice , but i like the wrap pages better ! to use animations you have to turn off wrap pages then turn on animations and then try swiping between pages you will see what it does.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Is this update on preware? If so, I am not seeing it.

As far as the "Animation". I get the same result as you. I am not noticing the same effect as "Wrapping" with "Animation"
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

wow i got it . it almost makes it like one big long page nice , but i like the wrap pages better ! to use animations you have to turn off wrap pages then turn on animations and then try swiping between pages you will see what it does.
    "Animations Enabled" is the default WebOS method of page movement.

Wrapping disables them automatically because of the way page wrapping is accomplished. The purpose of the new function (when it's working) is to allow for disabled animations without using Wrapping.

Just to clarify for anyone who may be confused.
    umm they dont work like they did before they work completely diff. with animations on sir.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    *clears throat*

Pardon me, but my http://forums.precentral.net/2673065-post1123.html
    Was before your #1126 lol
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Its in the latest update, still trying to figure it out too
    it seems to me that the page annimations is when you use he page selection tabs, if you have the setting on, it will scroll fast through all of the pages between, if you have page annimations off, when you select a new page from the tabs, it goes instantly to that page..
    sj
    Last edited by sjsharksfan; 09/22/2010 at 04:02 PM.
    umm they dont work like they did before they work completely diff. with animations on sir.
    You're going to confuse people if you're not careful.

"Animations on" is the default behavior of WebOS. You are probably used to having a Wrapped launcher so maybe you've forgotten.

If you don't believe me, remove the Advanced Launcher Config patch and swipe between pages. That is how they have always moved.

edit: The header/tab functionality is separate, as none of that is default WebOS behavior obviously.
    Sorry but I'm also confused.

I don't see the difference between having the animations turned on or off, with the wrapping turn off.

Can some explain what we are suppose to see visually. I thought it might be the bounce when you are on the last page or the first page and you try to move to a page that is not there. Example: swiping to turn to the next page when you are already on the last page, it does a little bounce action.

It that what the animation is?

If not what are we supposed to see.

I wanted to try out and see the difference between to the two options.

Of course I read that we need to have wrapping feature turned off to see this animation thing.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

can't update!! anybody else having problems??
    Hi,

Ok, I'm having a bit of problem with dealing with Active Page and Default Page.

I doubt that I can do what I want without making a suggestion.

So here is what I would like:

I want there to be a default page, I know it's there already.

I want to be able to be in Active mode with a default page.

So lets say I usually work on page 5 (I have about 12 pages) and when I quit an app and go back to the launcher I want to return to page 5.

Right now that is accomplished by not having a default page (I am correct, right?).

But I want to quickly goto my default page and without having it set, that won't happen unless set a default page. Now if I do that, every time I'm working on my active page (in my example that was page 5) I am returned to the default page which is not what I wanted.

And of course, I have to do the drop down menu to go to the default page or any page for that matter.

I want to avoid having to do the drop down menu as much as possible, because it's a little slower using the drop down.

I don't want the 'tabbed' view either.

So my suggestion is:

Can a radio button be put in the title bar (when the name of the page is) that I can tap and it will immediately bring me to the default page or what ever page I set for that 'fast' button.

I'm not sure a radio button can be superimposed in the title bar, or if the bar is moved over a little to make room for a radio button.

Then in preferences, we can just set the page that we want it to go to.

That way you could still preserve the original default page option for those that like to use that method and for those that want what I want can set that page in preferences and it doesn't interfere with anything else.

Can that be done, can it be considered, please?

Thank you!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Hi,

So lets say I usually work on page 5 (I have about 12 pages) and when I quit an app and go back to the launcher I want to return to page 5.

Right now that is accomplished by not having a default page (I am correct, right?).

But I want to quickly goto my default page and without having it set, that won't happen unless set a default page. Now if I do that, every time I'm working on my active page (in my example that was page 5) I am returned to the default page which is not what I wanted.

And of course, I have to do the drop down menu to go to the default page or any page for that matter.

I want to avoid having to do the drop down menu as much as possible, because it's a little slower using the drop down.

So my suggestion is:

Can a radio button be put in the title bar (when the name of the page is) that I can tap and it will immediately bring me to the default page or what ever page I set for that 'fast' button.

I'm not sure a radio button can be superimposed in the title bar, or if the bar is moved over a little to make room for a radio button.

Or maybe instead of a radio button, just enable a double tap in the title bar brings you to this preset page or default page.

That way you could still preserve the original default page option for those that like to use that method and for those that want what I want can set that page in preferences and it doesn't interfere with anything else.

Thank you!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Hi,

So my suggestion is:

Or maybe instead of a radio button, just enable a double tap in the title bar brings you to this preset page or default page.

Thank you!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Hi,

So my suggestion is:

Thank you!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Hi,

So my suggestion is:

Thank you!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

18.    #1138  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Page Animation: What it's supposed to do, is offer the visual functionality of Wrapped Pages, without actually wrapping the pages, if the user desires. That's why it automatically switches to "Off" when "Wrap" is set to "On".

If you don't know what I mean, turn Wrap on and then swipe between pages. Then you will see.

I updated the patch, but changing the animation toggle isn't doing anything for me right now. Not sure if it's the same for everyone else. If it's not just me, I'm sure sconix will have it fixed shortly.
    So the animation toggle effects for the page jump and when selecting page from tabs. Not the swiping. Since the modifying the swipe to not animate would need a bit more code to be added or using the same code than page wrapping and then there would be the same problems that some pages might be skipped so did not enable it for that. The main idea was that by disabling the page animation you get a bit faster page jumping and page selecting when using page names/tabs.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  19.    #1139  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi,

So my suggestion is:

Thank you!

Rob
    Code wise what you describe its not feasible. What if I would change the default behavior of backswipe in the launcher. Since I guess everybody uses the up swipe if they want to close launcher. So what if the backswipe would take you to the last active page when default page is set. Then you would always get the default page as you would expect when you have set default page, but you would have a fast way to get back to the last page you was by backswiping.

Or just to make it so that backswipe would always get you to previous page and after that it would have the same default action of closing the launcher. So one swipe to go to previous page and two swipes to close the launcher. So that even those that are using backswipe for closing would not be completely lost.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    So the animation toggle effects for the page jump and when selecting page from tabs. Not the swiping. Since the modifying the swipe to not animate would need a bit more code to be added or using the same code than page wrapping and then there would be the same problems that some pages might be skipped so did not enable it for that. The main idea was that by disabling the page animation you get a bit faster page jumping and page selecting when using page names/tabs.
    OK, so "Animation Enabled" simply adds the default WebOS behavior to page jumping, not swiping.

Good to know it's not a bug.