Page 56 of 72 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1431
    Quote Originally Posted by rbulechek View Post
    Added Launcher Pages Not Saved After Reboot

I'm running Sprint WebOS 1.4.5 on a Pre.

I like to run a 6 launcher page configuration. I can add 3 pages, organize my icons, and everything is fine until I reboot. Then all pages after 3 disappear and all my icons from pages 4-6 are dumped onto the first page.

Anyone have an idea how I can repair whatever error is preventing added pages from surviving a reboot? I'm getting no error message, the extra pages are simply gone after a reboot.
    I eventually fixed this problem by deleting

/var/palm/data/file_.usr.lib.luna.system.luna-applauncher_0/0000000000000005.db

My Launcher pages and icon positions are once again preserved across reboots.
  2.    #1102  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbulechek View Post
    I eventually fixed this problem by deleting

/var/palm/data/file_.usr.lib.luna.system.luna-applauncher_0/0000000000000005.db

My Launcher pages and icon positions are once again preserved across reboots.
    Thanks for the info, its good to know since I have pumped to this once a long time ago and its nice to know a fix if it happens again.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Hi all,

I'm having a problem (it's not a bug I'm reporting) with figuring out some settings.

I want my downloaded apps to appear on a certain page.

Right now, the only options are 'First' 'Last' 'Active' and lastly 'Default'. You cannot specify a specific page (may that can be added?).

I setup a page this has absolutely no apps on that page and named it 'New Apps', this way when I download new apps they will go to that page. Then I can easily select them and move them to their proper page. I now have 12 pages. Very organized for me, although some might think that's too many, but because of Advanced Config patch, I am able to do this.

Anyway, back to my issue.

This 'New Apps' page is the second page, the very first page I use for 'Launch Points' (it's an app that allows you to put contacts on the Launcher page, mostly for speed dialing. I wanted to keep this page separated from the rest of the apps on the Pre, because of the possibility of accidentally tapping an icon and ending up calling people (usually because I put the Pre in pocket forgetting to put it to sleep).

So the New App page is usually just a blank page and it's a nice separator for me.

I tried to set it up as the Default page and all the downloads would go there, which seemed like a nice way of doing things.

The problem is that I don't really want to land on this blank page when I close out of an app.

I would like to just land on the page that I was on when I launched the app in the first place.

I tried the 'Reset Position' option in the Preference mode, because according to the documentation, that is supposed to bring you to the top of a page, not to a specific page. But that is what it's doing. It's bringing to the default page instead.

So am I doing something wrong?

And ask I asked above, maybe all me to have more selections which what page my downloads go to? (Maybe it's too hard to program in, because nobody has the same amount of pages, or maybe you can't have that list update with the amount of pages you currently have). Anyway, I'm just asking?

Thanks for your help!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

You have to unset the default page I couldn't figure that out for the longest.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I seem to be having the opposite issue. If I turn Default Page 'off' and leave Reset Position 'on' the page never returns to the top. If I turn Default Page 'on' and Reset Position 'on' then it's always at the top of the default page.

Any idea why Reset Position will not return to the top of the page?
  6.    #1106  
    Quote Originally Posted by lswartz33 View Post
    I seem to be having the opposite issue. If I turn Default Page 'off' and leave Reset Position 'on' the page never returns to the top. If I turn Default Page 'on' and Reset Position 'on' then it's always at the top of the default page.

Any idea why Reset Position will not return to the top of the page?
    It only resets the position on page change not on app launcher activation. So I will fix this for next release.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    It only resets the position on page change not on app launcher activation. So I will fix this for next release.
    Makes sense. I thought it might only reset after I opened an app, but that didn't work either.

Thanks for the help sconix, this patch has been amazing since day one!
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    You have to unset the default page I couldn't figure that out for the longest.
    If I unset the default page, then I can't use the 'downloads' to the default page?

I am trying to get the downloads to go to another page other then what the options given are. In my case, the second page.

So I used the default page to make that happen, but it's causing the other issue of not being able to bring me back to the active page.

I will try and turn it off to verify to doubly make sure.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

9.    #1109  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    If I unset the default page, then I can't use the 'downloads' to the default page?

I am trying to get the downloads to go to another page other then what the options given are. In my case, the second page.

So I used the default page to make that happen, but it's causing the other issue of not being able to bring me back to the active page.

I will try and turn it off to verify to doubly make sure.

Rob
    Why not to add an empty page to the end and use add new apps to last page.
    Hello everyone.

I wanted to report back, and share with you all something that has been happening to me on occasion. Not sure if it is perhaps a bug, glitch, or what. So I am here to share with you all and see if anyone else has experienced this at all, or if I may be the only one.
    What happens sometimes is, when I flick to another page, sometimes it will flick in the opposite direction of where I am flicking the page, or even skip a page. It has done it in both directions.

Any others out there like me?

For reference, my settings are as follows.

Put New Apps- On First Page

Reset Position- On

Page Wrapping- On

Page Animation- Off

Page indicators- On
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR
    ^^^

If you have wrapping on, one of the side effects is that your finger does not have to move very far to change the page you're on. So it is very easy for a small movement to be detected as the opposite direction.

This is compounded further if you have one of the Reduce-Drag-Radius patches installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Hello everyone.

I wanted to report back, and share with you all something that has been happening to me on occasion. Not sure if it is perhaps a bug, glitch, or what. So I am here to share with you all and see if anyone else has experienced this at all, or if I may be the only one.
    What happens sometimes is, when I flick to another page, sometimes it will flick in the opposite direction of where I am flicking the page, or even skip a page. It has done it in both directions.

Any others out there like me?

For reference, my settings are as follows.

Put New Apps- On First Page

Reset Position- On

Page Wrapping- On

Page Animation- Off

Page indicators- On

what are these page animations you are talking about ?? this option is not in my laucher prefs.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    what are these page animations you are talking about ?? this option is not in my laucher prefs.
    Its in the latest update, still trying to figure it out too
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

i just updated and i dont see the option lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    i dont even understand what the unhide on reorder is ! lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    That lets the quick launcher pop up when you touch an icon to allow you to put it in yhe quicklaunch bar w/o unhidnig it manually
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

oh i see lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Why not to add an empty page to the end and use add new apps to last page.
    I was trying to have a blank page that separated that first page which is for my LaunchPoint app contacts (so I don't accidentally tap on the icons).

I wanted to make my 3rd page the default page, if I am going to use a default page.

So I figured that having a blank page as the 2nd page, I might as well put the new apps on that page.

But because you offer only the four choices (first, last, active and default), I'm sort of restricted.

I guess I could add a 13th page and make it the last page and add the downloads to that.

But is there a way to add to 'Advanced patch'have more choices, maybe figure out on the fly how many pages there are, then display all of those choices in the drop down menu.

To avoid from someone accidentally deleting a page that they had set as the download page, if it no longer exists it goes to the default or first page.

I guess its something more than you might want to do, but please consider doing it in a future upgrade?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

ok now i have the option to animate but , it wont turn on ?? am i missing something ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    ^^^

If you have wrapping on, one of the side effects is that your finger does not have to move very far to change the page you're on. So it is very easy for a small movement to be detected as the opposite direction.

This is compounded further if you have one of the Reduce-Drag-Radius patches installed.
    Got it. Thank you for explaining that with me/us
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR