Page 55 of 72 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1431
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I have a suggestion, maybe it would be a good idea if sconix had his own sub forum under web developers and then a separate thread for each of his patches.

It would help to keep things organized.
    This has been suggested before, however, at that time Sconix was comfortable with how things were. While I can't speak for him, I wonder if that might change now that he is part of WebOS-Internals, maybe he could get his own section under their sub-forum. IMO, I'd like exactly what you suggested, for I had already posed this to Sconix some time ago.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 09/17/2010 at 09:44 AM.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by atremorer View Post
    ......I even (accidentally) hit the remove button for Advanced Config for App Launcher
    in PreWare and received an error that it couldn't remove it. Any ideas how to get the package updated and working correctly?
    Well, I guess I would follow the step listed on the wiki page to see if you can get back running again. Read over the Installation and Troubleshooting sections to see if that helps. The steps listed there should get you going. I know doing an EPR, etc... is not always fun to do and have to restore, but sometimes they are the only option(s).

Quote Originally Posted by rbulechek View Post
    Added Launcher Pages Not Saved After Reboot

I'm running Sprint WebOS 1.4.5 on a Pre.

I like to run a 6 launcher page configuration. I can add 3 pages, organize my icons, and everything is fine until I reboot. Then all pages after 3 disappear and all my icons from pages 4-6 are dumped onto the first page.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled Advanced Configuration for App Launcher with no change in result.

Anyone have an idea how I can repair whatever error is preventing added pages from surviving a reboot? I'm getting no error message, the extra pages are simply gone after a reboot.
    This is a new one I think. I wish I had an answer for you, maybe Sconix or someone else will. I have not experienced this nor know if I could replicated it to try and figure it out. Sorry. I wanted to respond to your post even though I can't help you right now. At least it will get some extra attention maybe.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    This has been suggested before, however, at that time Sconix was comfortable with how things were. While I can't speak for him, I wonder if that might change now that he is part of WebOS-Internals, maybe he could get his own section under there sub forum. IMO, I'd like exactly what you suggested, for I had already posed this to Sconix some time ago.
    I sent him a PM and asked him to consider it.
    After my update to 1.4.5 and having no luck at updating or removing ACAL, I though "maybe things will work if I restore application data using the SAVE/RESTORE app?" I did that, now I have no option in PreWare to update ACAL, only remove. I tried removing it. It still doesn't work. I've removed ALL my patches except "Additional Contact Labels."

I'd like to get my launcher and my entire Pre+ functioning like it did before I updated to 1.4.5. I'd appreciate any help in figuring this out.

My error is this:

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Michael J. Barnes
    Associate Professor
    Wayne State University

Visor >> VisorPhone >> Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650>> Centro >> Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by atremorer View Post
    After my update to 1.4.5 and having no luck at updating or removing ACAL, I though "maybe things will work if I restore application data using the SAVE/RESTORE app?" I did that, now I have no option in PreWare to update ACAL, only remove. I tried removing it. It still doesn't work. I've removed ALL my patches except "Additional Contact Labels."

I'd like to get my launcher and my entire Pre+ functioning like it did before I updated to 1.4.5. I'd appreciate any help in figuring this out.

My error is this:

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm 2>&1
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Check up two three posts. I responded to your other post regarding the issue.

The same still applies because in your error:

2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$re$
    So follow the steps listed under the troubleshooting section of the wiki. The same error is posted there with steps to resolve it.

6.    #1086  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I dont think its a glitch I think 2 objects cant occupy the same space at the same time.

If you want to have the ability to change the quicklaunch bar as well as keep it hidden there has to be a trade off.

JMO, maybe sconix has a fix but im thinking that one will be difficult to say the least.

I hope Im wrong
    There will be fix. For now with most icon sizes its possible to drag the icons so high that you can actually drag the icons on the lowest rows too. If I can't come up with a proper fix I can always delay the showing a bit so there is time to drag the icon away and then everything works smoothly, but I have an another idea as well which I will try first. In any case there is a fix for this in next release.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  7.    #1087  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbulechek View Post
    Added Launcher Pages Not Saved After Reboot

I'm running Sprint WebOS 1.4.5 on a Pre.

I like to run a 6 launcher page configuration. I can add 3 pages, organize my icons, and everything is fine until I reboot. Then all pages after 3 disappear and all my icons from pages 4-6 are dumped onto the first page.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled Advanced Configuration for App Launcher with no change in result.

Anyone have an idea how I can repair whatever error is preventing added pages from surviving a reboot? I'm getting no error message, the extra pages are simply gone after a reboot.
    This is not a patch issue. Its issue with a database in your phone. You most likely have had phone to forcefully power off while it was starting or running (at least this has been the cause for many). It can somehow ruin the database where the settings are stored. I haven't seen an easy fix posted for this anywhere (although I haven't really searched since have had no need). Many have just doctored the phone.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    There will be fix. For now with most icon sizes its possible to drag the icons so high that you can actually drag the icons on the lowest rows too. If I can't come up with a proper fix I can always delay the showing a bit so there is time to drag the icon away and then everything works smoothly, but I have an another idea as well which I will try first. In any case there is a fix for this in next release.
    Awesome! You always manage to find ways to amaze us.
    Thanks!

9.    #1089  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Awesome! You always manage to find ways to amaze us.
    Thanks!
    Not sure if there is anything amazing in the fix , but now the QL is shown just after the app is moved so the app is "lift" above the QL so no more problems with the bottom row. Will be pushing this release now so should be available soon.
    I thought this patch used to remember the page you were on last and if you opened the launcher it would be on that page. For example I go to page three to open an app. I use the app and decide I want to do something else the patch used to open on page 3 now everytime I open launcher it opoens on default page. Great patch!
    Under the app menu do you have the option to Unset Default Page?
    Last edited by NachoB; 09/20/2010 at 06:22 AM.
    you have a/the default page set. You can disable that under the app menu when the launcher is open.

see the wiki for a list and explination of all the features.
    What was the changelog for the update tonight? 1.4.5-67
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Not sure if there is anything amazing in the fix , but now the QL is shown just after the app is moved so the app is "lift" above the QL so no more problems with the bottom row. Will be pushing this release now so should be available soon.
    Explanation given above
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    I would just like to say thank you sconix. This patch is incredible. It replaced 3 other patches I was using, and since the update, everything is still smooth as butter. Swiping back from preferences is quick and responsive, and now moving apps from the bottom row when editing my QL bar is a breeze

This has officially become bar-none, one of my favorite patches.
    Last edited by RoLLEmUp; 09/18/2010 at 03:13 AM. Reason: remove sentence
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

"Keeping the smart phone world at peace one PALM at a time"

Me and Dropbox, sitting in a tree. S-Y-N-C-I-N-G. http://db.tt/qetBsiR

Based on what I have noticed/experienced after the update, the change log includes:

* More responsive return to the launcher page after editing preferences and edit mode.

* delayed unhide when organizing/editing the QL bar (helpful when relocating apps from the bottom row.

If there is more, please share
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

17.    #1097  
    Quote Originally Posted by RoLLEmUp View Post
    Based on what I have noticed/experienced after the update, the change log includes:

* More responsive return to the launcher page after editing preferences and edit mode.

* delayed unhide when organizing/editing the QL bar (helpful when relocating apps from the bottom row.

If there is more, please share
    The changelog can be seen in the wiki, the link is at least in the package metadata.

The more responsive returning from the preferences is because you haven't touch any of the settings that need the "reorganization of all icons". When you change for example icon grid spacing all icons have to be moved hence the returning on those times feels unresponsive.
    The changelog can be seen in the wiki, the link is at least in the package metadata.

The more responsive returning from the preferences is because you haven't touch any of the settings that need the "reorganization of all icons". When you change for example icon grid spacing all icons have to be moved hence the returning on those times feels unresponsive.

Thanks sconix, I added the wiki to my launcher the day I installed the patch.

Now about the responsiveness post editing icons and grid, that's totally understandable, I was aware of that Other than the editing of icons, grid, pages and such, editing other minor preferences and returning to the launcher still does seem more responsive since the update to me imo.

Top 3 patch in my book
    Pre|central Peacekeepers

this is the first patch that gets installed after an update or doctor or any kind of reset . and i think many others feel that way as well !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    this is the first patch that gets installed after an update or doctor or any kind of reset . and i think many others feel that way as well !
    +1

From this moment on, it sure is
    Pre|central Peacekeepers