Page 53 of 72 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1431
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Checked the first post, didn't realize there was another thread.
    Technically this was a spin off thread for the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patch (ACAL) that was not created by Sconix. The actual "official" thread for all of Sconix's patches are found here. It is not exactly intuitive by the name of the thread that it also contains the ACAL patch too.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    OakRidge I hope you dont mind I added to the wiki, Just a describing an easy way to see all launcher patches installed at a glance.

Feel free to edit my edit if you see anything I missed.

BTW great job on the wiki!

2sslow
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    At least it should not have any effect on that. At least I just tried and with 16 pages everything worked as it should. Not sure why the app launcher is not receiving the back swipe. It really should.
    I switched from 16 pages back down to 11 and everything is working just fine - back swipes are registering like normal. I know nothing about the technical stuff or conflicts, but maybe there was something else holding me back there. If I knew what to look for I'd offer some suggestions of what the conflict was - but I wouldn't even know where to start!

All is well now. I'll just work with less pages.
    Palm IIIc --> m515 --> Tungsten T3 --> Centro --> Pre Plus --> HP Touchpad!!!

Tommy'sWorld | Rusty's Ramblings | No Coincidences | Words Of Wisdom . . . | Get Paid
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    BTW great job on the wiki!
    Thanks.

OakRidge I hope you dont mind I added to the wiki, Just a describing an easy way to see all launcher patches installed at a glance.

Feel free to edit my edit if you see anything I missed.
    You actually beat me to the punch. I was about to add some of the same info/clean it up some.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  5.    #1045  
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke35 View Post
    I switched from 16 pages back down to 11 and everything is working just fine - back swipes are registering like normal. I know nothing about the technical stuff or conflicts, but maybe there was something else holding me back there. If I knew what to look for I'd offer some suggestions of what the conflict was - but I wouldn't even know where to start!

All is well now. I'll just work with less pages.
    It might be that there are some hidden problems with having many pages and hence Palm had it originally limited to much less. But at least my test worked just fine with 16 so at least it works on some occasions.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Well this has been a common issue after people go to 1.4.5.

First check to make sure that you have all launcher, grid (4x4, 5x5, etc.) and show/hide app patches removed. They conflict with this patch.

If that don't work, it seems the next best way to get back up and running for most is to run the Emergency Patch Recovery from Preware.

This will remove all your patches. Then you should reinstall them. Start with this patch and then your other ones.

If you have a ipkg error when trying to remove this patch, post it, that can sometimes provide valuable info as to what is conflicting/causing the problem.
    I ran the EPR. According to the instructions on another thread, it said to restart the phone when done - hold power button 8 sec, hit power, then restart. Well, my phone is frozen after presing the power button for 8 sec, can't restart, can't turn off. I'm feeling like I'm in quicksand here. Everytime I do something, things just seem to get worse. Do I take the battery out? But I can't turn the phone off. When it powers down, does that count? I'm afraid I need some detailed instructions, in words of 2 syllables or less if possible!

Thanks!

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    @2sslow and everyone else...

I modified the wiki a bit to make sure install overview and newly added warning is a bit more clear (I hope). I hope I didn't butcher your Preware instructions to bad. Just put in a more readable format (I think).
    If is still sounds confusing or needs corrects, let me know and I will correct it.
    Last edited by oakridge outdoors; 09/16/2010 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    I ran the EPR. According to the instructions on another thread, it said to restart the phone when done - hold power button 8 sec, hit power, then restart. Well, my phone is frozen after presing the power button for 8 sec, can't restart, can't turn off. I'm feeling like I'm in quicksand here. Everytime I do something, things just seem to get worse. Do I take the battery out? But I can't turn the phone off. When it powers down, does that count? I'm afraid I need some detailed instructions, in words of 2 syllables or less if possible!

Thanks!
    Sounds like your in a world of....

Well, yes, just crack open the back case/door and do a battery pull. Leave it out for say 30 secs. or so. Put back in and turn on phone. Hopefully it boots up and doesn't hang.

Then lets go from there.

@2sslow and everyone else...

I modified the wiki a bit to make sure install overview and newly added warning is a bit more clear (I hope). I hope I didn't butcher your Preware instructions to bad. Just put in a more readable format (I think).
    If is still sounds confusing or needs corrects, let me know and I will correct it.
    No, It looks very good and understandable!

There will always be people who dont read the instructions completely, no matter how well written.

Looks good though. Great work!

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

There will always be people who dont read the instructions completely, no matter how well written.
    Very true.

Sounds like your in a world of....

Well, yes, just crack open the back case/door and do a battery pull. Leave it out for say 30 secs. or so. Put back in and turn on phone. Hopefully it boots up and doesn't hang.

Then lets go from there.
    OK! I seem to have a phone again. All apps there. No patches. Do I start installing them again? You said Advanced Config first? After that, can I install in "batches," with luna restart after a bunch, instead of one by one?

Thank you so much!!

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Am I the only one getting an error trying to go to the wiki page for the Advanced Configuration App Launcher from the link in post #1041?

edit:I cut and pasted the URL from the OP to find the wiki
    Last edited by preryan; 09/16/2010 at 05:33 PM.
    "Unhide on reorder" - niiiice
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    OK! I seem to have a phone again. All apps there. No patches. Do I start installing them again? You said Advanced Config first? After that, can I install in "batches," with luna restart after a bunch, instead of one by one?

Thank you so much!!
    correct
    Quote Originally Posted by preryan View Post
    Am I the only one getting an error trying to go to the wiki page for the Advanced Configuration App Launcher from the link in post #1041?

edit:I cut and pasted the URL from the OP to find the wiki
    Use this link

Patch:AdvancedConfigurations - WebOS Internals

Follow the link below.

correct
    Thank you thank you for your help. Everything's back - except for the AM-PM indicator patch - is it no longer compatible? If so I can live without it. But everything seems back to normal now. I'm just glad there was no Repair or doctor involved.

I'm going to leave it alone now---for at least a day or 2!

Can I remove the EPR now?

There seems to be a bug when dealing with trying to move an app on the bottom row when the launch bar is "hidden in launcher". The app will highlight (circle glow around it) but then the launch bar appears over that row of icons and dragging does nothing, seems to lose focus. Is there any trick to this? I'm finding I have to actaully drag the row above it down to it to get them to start backing up a row which is a real pain.
    if I remember correctly, epr removes itself after it runs. There should be nothing to uninstall.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    There seems to be a bug when dealing with trying to move an app on the bottom row when the launch bar is "hidden in launcher". The app will highlight (circle glow around it) but then the launch bar appears over that row of icons and dragging does nothing, seems to lose focus. Is there any trick to this? I'm finding I have to actaully drag the row above it down to it to get them to start backing up a row which is a real pain.
    yes that appears to be a little tricky.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I had the same problem. I think I swiped up to get rid of the launcher bar.