Page 52 of 72 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1431
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Hello! I just installed this patch last night and have been tweaking things this morning. I've run into a snag that has to have a simple fix, but I cannot find it. (Forgive my lack of proper terminology if I fail to call something by the correct name).

I have two cards open. When I hit the up arrow/launcher or do an up swipe gesture, I get the list of all the new pages I've created and can navigate through the various patch prefs, etc., but I am not able to close out the patch window and bring up my actual app pages. I only have access to the apps in my dashboard/launcher.

I've been able to reset the phone by taking out the battery, but that is the only way I can seem to get the patch window to close out. Up swipe gestures just open and close the patch window. Am I missing some simple way to exit this patch screen and get back to my app pages?

If I haven't explained my situation well enough, I will try again.
    Palm IIIc --> m515 --> Tungsten T3 --> Centro --> Pre Plus --> HP Touchpad!!!

Tommy'sWorld | Rusty's Ramblings | No Coincidences | Words Of Wisdom . . . | Get Paid
    Hi All,

I've tried to install this patch and it keeps failing. I have removed any patches to the app launcher already
    I get the following:
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkginfo/org.webosinternals.app-launcher-advanced configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst>2&1
    1 of 1 hunk failed -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.rej

Any help or suggestions?
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/16/2010 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Post approved and moved to end of thread
    Quote Originally Posted by hckyfan68 View Post
    Hi All,

I've tried to install this patch and it keeps failing. I have removed any patches to the app launcher already
    I get the following:
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkginfo/org.webosinternals.app-launcher-advanced configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst>2&1
    1 of 1 hunk failed -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.rej

Any help or suggestions?
    remove any apps that unhide or hide apps in the launcher. In this case you need to remove "unhide dev mode icon" patch
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke35 View Post
    Hello! I just installed this patch last night and have been tweaking things this morning. I've run into a snag that has to have a simple fix, but I cannot find it. (Forgive my lack of proper terminology if I fail to call something by the correct name).

I have two cards open. When I hit the up arrow/launcher or do an up swipe gesture, I get the list of all the new pages I've created and can navigate through the various patch prefs, etc., but I am not able to close out the patch window and bring up my actual app pages. I only have access to the apps in my dashboard/launcher.

I've been able to reset the phone by taking out the battery, but that is the only way I can seem to get the patch window to close out. Up swipe gestures just open and close the patch window. Am I missing some simple way to exit this patch screen and get back to my app pages?

If I haven't explained my situation well enough, I will try again.

sounds like you just need to do a backswipe
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I really like everything about this patch except the superfast swipe between pages. I liked the smoother swiping the phone had before this patch.

Any way to change a preference or something to get that back?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Thanks. I didn't mention it in my first post, but I've been doing dozens of back swipes and they don't seem to have any effect at all.

Tommy'sWorld | Rusty's Ramblings | No Coincidences | Words Of Wisdom . . . | Get Paid
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    sounds like you just need to do a backswipe
    Thanks. I didn't mention it in my first post, but I've been doing dozens of back swipes and they don't seem to have any effect at all.

Quote Originally Posted by stegerman View Post
    I really like everything about this patch except the superfast swipe between pages. I liked the smoother swiping the phone had before this patch.

Any way to change a preference or something to get that back?
    Turn off page wrapping in preferences. This is a (cool!) side effect of that setting since the API that does the smooth scrolling and "bounce" at the end doesn't provide a way to wrap around.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Is it possible for my problem to be related to TOO many pages created? I have 16 to split out my apps across multiple categories. Initially I enjoyed the flexibility of this patch, but perhaps I took it too far? It seemed to be working okay this morning before I went in and added more pages to split out my apps.

Is it possible for my problem to be related to TOO many pages created? I have 16 to split out my apps across multiple categories. Initially I enjoyed the flexibility of this patch, but perhaps I took it too far? It seemed to be working okay this morning before I went in and added more pages to split out my apps.
    It might be. I remember some time ago, earlier version of the patch had a limit. Sconix, the dev, had increased that limit, but I don't recall to what limit.

Try removing some to see if your problem goes away.
    I'll see if I can dig up the limit if there is one.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    There is no longer a confirmation when deleting apps, it just deletes, I can see this resulting in accidental deleting of apps. Not sure if this is the place to report this or not.
  12.    #1032  
    At least it should not have any effect on that. At least I just tried and with 16 pages everything worked as it should. Not sure why the app launcher is not receiving the back swipe. It really should.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  13.    #1033  
    Quote Originally Posted by ttk1opc View Post
    There is no longer a confirmation when deleting apps, it just deletes, I can see this resulting in accidental deleting of apps. Not sure if this is the place to report this or not.
    There has never been... its not like patch removes that nor it has never add it, but I too find this irritating since have managed to delete one app that I did not want so I might add the confirmation for next version.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    A delete confirmation would be appreciated. This is one reason I had never installed the gesture+tap icon menu, as it was too easy to accidentally delete stuff like the PDF Viewer. If some people don't want the extra dialog, a preference selection for delete (enabled, with confirmation, disabled) might work.
    Just updated this app in Preware... does anyone know what is different in the newest update?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    A delete confirmation and a few other fixes/additions are coming in the next version. The wiki changelog was updated, so I am guessing the next release will be in the feeds pretty soon.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Just updated this app in Preware... does anyone know what is different in the newest update?
    Check the wiki page for changelog info.

U have a link for the wiki page?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    U have a link for the wiki page?
    Yeah, sorry. Was about to reference the OP, but realized that is in the other thread.

Advanced Configuration for App Launcher Wiki

There is also now a wiki page for Sconix's System Menus ("Top Bar") patches too.

Checked the first post, didn't realize there was another thread.
    My device history:

- Jim J.