Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1431
  1. #1001  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    that official thread link is dead in the water .
    Really. Just worked for me. The link is to Sconix's top-bar-system-menus-status-today-device-menus thread.

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ice-menus.html

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  2. #1002  
    just tried it again and it worked this time thanks lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  3. #1003  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    I have been looking for where I can copy the change log into the first post, but where ever I see the changelog,its in an area that is not able to be copied, I even opened the patch in ares to see if I could grab it from there, but I couldn't find where..
    sj
    It's great that your thread has kind of turned into the unofficial thread for this patch (and nothing against you doing so), imo, I'd like to see this thread and Sconix's official patches thread merged for ease of keeping on top of user issues, etc...

    Then at least you don't have to worry about updating your OP, etc...

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  4. #1004  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    just tried it again and it worked this time thanks lol
    Great to hear.

    Any chance you'd be able to facilitate what I talked about it the post above this? Or does that have to come from the dev or OPs of the threads? It's just a thought.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  5. #1005  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    It's great that your thread has kind of turned into the unofficial thread for this patch (and nothing against you doing so), imo, I'd like to see this thread and Sconix's official patches thread merged for ease of keeping on top of user issues, etc...

    Then at least you don't have to worry about updating your OP, etc...
    if the other thread was named the app launcher patch instead of ([Patch] Top Bar System Menus (Status, Today and Device menus) then more people would realize that its the official thread . but as it stands that threads title is misleading.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  6. #1006  
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Great to hear.

    Any chance you'd be able to facilitate what I talked about it the post above this? Or does that have to come from the dev or OPs of the threads? It's just a thought.
    a forum mod will have to do that i dont have that authority (yet) lol anyways im more of an example as to how helpful people should be in the forums. although im not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. just sayin.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7. #1007  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    if the other thread was named the app launcher patch instead of ([Patch] Top Bar System Menus (Status, Today and Device menus) then more people would realize that its the official thread . but as it stands that threads title is misleading.
    I agree. I think things have morphed into a much larger deal than maybe what Sconix had thought? While I can't speak for Sconix, I think either have it renamed, closed and a new improved one opened for all those patches together or something. It would make things easier I think.

    Maybe when he sees these posts, he think of something. He always does.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  8. #1008  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    a forum mod will have to do that i dont have that authority (yet) lol anyways im more of an example as to how helpful people should be in the forums. although im not perfect by any stretch of the imagination. just sayin.
    Oh, I just saw forum whatever leader under your name and assumed. Whoops.

    I hear ya. I'm not either. Just trying to help where I can, when I can. Sometimes I royally put my foot in my mouth, usually by accident, then get corrected and I acknowledge it, feel stupid, then move on.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  9. #1009  
    Just a quick tip, if this app, err, patch is installed, you can goto the 'info' app and list your 'software' under 'more ifno' tab, you are able to hide any of your apps. All of your hidden apps are greyed out and can be unhidden with 'show' tab. It did put my app icon in a rather weird place but was able to be moved.

    - JohnnyPre
  10. Dtone's Avatar
    Posts
    137 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    #1010  
    What is "First Use" for??
  11. #1011  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtone View Post
    What is "First Use" for??
    First Use app. When you first activate your Pre and enter/create your Palm Profile.
  12.    #1012  
    Changelog added to the wiki and will update the package metainfo for the link to the wiki for next release.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  13.    #1013  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    It shows up as Goo Maps, with only the option to hide it, I tried to hide it, then show it again, but there was no change. this is so frustrating... I wonder how the icon got deleted in the first place.
    I think at this point you should make sure that it is my patch that is hiding it now. Since at least it really should not have got hidden by itself so try removing the patch and see if it comes back. If not then its definitely something else.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  14. #1014  
    This is a great patch, first of all. I do miss the garbage collector from my previous patch though.

    Sorry if this has been asked, but I tried the search and couldn't find this question. Don't have 51 pages of time at the moment, lol.

    Anyway, on to my point. I noticed an icon that looked like my "update" icon. It is called "First Use". When I open it, it is a blue sky with clouds. I don't recall ever seeing it until I installed this patch. Anyone know what it is?
  15. #1015  
    Quote Originally Posted by cagefighter View Post
    I noticed an icon that looked like my "update" icon. It is called "First Use". When I open it, it is a blue sky with clouds. I don't recall ever seeing it until I installed this patch. Anyone know what it is?
    its the inital setup screen when u first set up your palm profile. you can just hide it
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  16. #1016  
    Just updated to the most recent version of this patch, and despite a few kinks when I forgot to uninstall patches it replaces, it's awesome!

    A request: Can there be an option "Show Launch Bar in Card View"? I don't want to see the launch bar when I'm in an app or when I'm in the launcher, to maximize screen real estate but I have plenty of unused room when I'm in card view for a launch bar.
  17. #1017  
    Quote Originally Posted by Suava View Post
    A request: Can there be an option "Show Launch Bar in Card View"? I don't want to see the launch bar when I'm in an app or when I'm in the launcher, to maximize screen real estate but I have plenty of unused room when I'm in card view for a launch bar.
    Wait, doesn't the "Hide in Launcher" setting do exactly that?
  18. schreibman's Avatar
    Posts
    9 Posts
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    #1018  
    I have tried to install this from WEBOSQI, even to the point of running the EPR to remove ALL tweaks/patches. I still get 1 of 1 missing hunks, any other ideas?
  19. #1019  
    Quote Originally Posted by schreibman View Post
    I have tried to install this from WEBOSQI, even to the point of running the EPR to remove ALL tweaks/patches. I still get 1 of 1 missing hunks, any other ideas?
    Posting the ipkg error can be helpful to determine what is hanging it up.

    Your question has been answered many times over the past few pages, however, here you go....

    Since it sounds like you've ran EPR already I guess you could go to step 2.

    1. If you've ran EPR and still have issues, try running it again.

    2. Use the WebOS Repair Utility to replace the file in question (can't remember it off the top of my head, hence having the error posted to see).

    2. If that don't work, there is always the doctor.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
  20. #1020  
    The wiki page for this patch has been updated with minor changes to changelog layout and additional info for installing and troubleshooting sections.

    See OP for link or create a bookmark for it here.

    For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

    "Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie

Posting Permissions