Page 50 of 72 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1431
    I just updated the patch to version: 1.4.5-64, whats new in it from prior version?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    I just updated the patch to version: 1.4.5-64, whats new in it from prior version?
    Click the Homepage link in Preware, which should take you to the wiki documentation page.

The Homepage link in Preware should be the first port of call for any questions about any package.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Click the Homepage link in Preware, which should take you to the wiki documentation page.

The Homepage link in Preware should be the first port of call for any questions about any package.

-- Rod
    Precentral.com/thisthread is the link on the homepage in preware. It doesnt take me to the wiki page.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191

-- Rod
    Nope, it takes me to the first post of the forum thread, which has a link to the wiki page. But there is no change log at either location.
    Quote Originally Posted by canderoc View Post
    Nope, it takes me to the first post of the forum thread, which has a link to the wiki page. But there is no change log at either location.
    Excellent - that means there is an opportunity for the more experienced users in this thread to help flesh out the wiki page with a change log

I'll suggest to sconix that he update the patch meta-data to point directly to the wiki page (which members of the community can update as required) rather than a forum thread (which has the crippling limitation that only one person can update the first post).

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Pre|Central Member Dustin aka 'oakridge outdoors' is taking care of the wiki pages for all of sconix' Advanced patches, including the ones that haven't been released yet.

He's done a very good job so far imo and I'm sure he'd be willing to take care of the changelog if sconix tells him what changed. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Pre|Central Member Dustin aka 'oakridge outdoors' is taking care of the wiki pages for all of sconix' Advanced patches, including the ones that haven't been released yet.

He's done a very good job so far imo
    Agreed. I wish I could find someone with his talent to do the Preware, Save/Restore and Govnah documentation ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post

He's done a very good job so far imo and I'm sure he'd be willing to take care of the changelog if sconix tells him what changed. :-)
    I'll work with Sconix to on the details for a changelog section on the wiki.
    On that note, if there are any additions, edits, missing stuff from the wiki page, please let me know and I'll be more than happy to give it a refresh.

Thanks.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Agreed. I wish I could find someone with his talent to do the Preware, Save/Restore and Govnah documentation ...

-- Rod
    I'd be willing to give it a whirl too. Those are pretty major apps in the community (And I thank you!) so maybe having a partner to work on it together would be fine with me.

Let me know.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    I'd be willing to give it a whirl too. Those are pretty major apps in the community (And I thank you!) so maybe having a partner to work on it together would be fine with me.

Let me know.
    Please, just go into the wiki pages and start improving them

-- Rod
    Excellent - that means there is an opportunity for the more experienced users in this thread to help flesh out the wiki page with a change log

I'll suggest to sconix that he update the patch meta-data to point directly to the wiki page (which members of the community can update as required) rather than a forum thread (which has the crippling limitation that only one person can update the first post).

-- Rod
    I have been looking for where I can copy the change log into the first post, but where ever I see the changelog,its in an area that is not able to be copied, I even opened the patch in ares to see if I could grab it from there, but I couldn't find where..
    sj
    Please, just go into the wiki pages and start improving them

-- Rod
    Let me line up my ducks in a row and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks to you and the WebOS-Internals team for the greatness you've brought to the community and our devices!

the wiki does not tell us whats in the newest update thats any different ?!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    anyone ? ltm ltm lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I have an ATT Pre+ and just updated to 1.4.5. I can't update the Advanced Config app, and can't remove it either. Help?

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde. Dolly Parton
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    the wiki does not tell us whats in the newest update thats any different ?!
    Yes that is true. I will talk with Sconix about that and get it posted.
    I know he told me what the fix was a few days back, but I can't remember. I think it had something to do with fixing the tabs when swiping between pages it was acting funny.

Then again, after the update it still acts funny, so that might not be it.
    I'll post here and in the "technically" official thread when I update the wiki pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    I have an ATT Pre+ and just updated to 1.4.5. I can't update the Advanced Config app, and can't remove it either. Help?
    you should probably run the repair utility on your phone and put a check next to the override compatibility it will erase all patches and themes but not touch anything eles .then reload the launcher patch , it should work.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    Yes that is true. I will talk with Sconix about that and get it posted.
    I know he told me what the fix was a few days back, but I can't remember. I think it had something to do with fixing the tabs when swiping between pages it was acting funny.

Then again, after the update it still acts funny, so that might not be it.
    I'll post here and in the "technically" official thread when I update the wiki pages.
    that official thread link is dead in the water .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisys Mom View Post
    Well this has been a common issue after people go to 1.4.5.

First check to make sure that you have all launcher, grid (4x4, 5x5, etc.) and show/hide app patches removed. They conflict with this patch.

If that don't work, it seems the next best way to get back up and running for most is to run the Emergency Patch Recovery from Preware.

This will remove all your patches. Then you should reinstall them. Start with this patch and then your other ones.

If you have a ipkg error when trying to remove this patch, post it, that can sometimes provide valuable info as to what is conflicting/causing the problem.