Page 5 of 72 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast
  1.    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by compuseum View Post
    I still have the problem, that opening the launcher and moving from one page to another sometimes gets really sluggish. Even with my pre bumped up to 1005 Mhz it's not as smooth as is it without the patch (and having several stand-alone-patches installed, that mimic the functionality of this patch).
    Any suggestions? Am I the only one with speed problems?
    At least for moving from page to another the patch adds very little only couple if sentences for checking state of the editing of pages which should not slow it down. And for me its smooth even with 500Mhz (never tried with overclocking). Anyway I will see for next release if there is something extra in the patch that could slow it own a bit and should not be there.
    Love that someone turned all these great patches into options basically.

I do have one request:
    Think there is any chance of adding tabbed pages to this patch?
    Love all the options, but I prefer it to the named pages, it's faster if you have 5 or less pages.
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by shock_terminal View Post
    Love that someone turned all these great patches into options basically.

I do have one request:
    Think there is any chance of adding tabbed pages to this patch?
    Love all the options, but I prefer it to the named pages, it's faster if you have 5 or less pages.
    Reason why I did not include tabs is that it does not work for all situations as you said (i.e. when there is many pages). So it is not general enough to be added in my opinion. Nothing prevents someone making a patch that depends on my patch and adds that functionality though.
    Is it possible to utilize the drop down menu of "Jump page" a little better, currently the last few categories/pages names are under the arrow even though some space is left on the screen. Maybe better utilisation of space or ability to change font size?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  5.    #85  
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Is it possible to utilize the drop down menu of "Jump page" a little better, currently the last few categories/pages names are under the arrow even though some space is left on the screen. Maybe better utilisation of space or ability to change font size?
    The reason for this is that the popupsubmenu element which I use for selecting page is a bit limited from WebOS side. It does not know of the view menu below it so if you have some notification then it would go below the view menu actions if I would make it longer. I might at some point replace the submenu with some specific element that would work more better with many pages. The current popupsubmenu also does not play nice with symbols menu so I really need to figure out something to replace the menu if it does not get any better through palm updates. But currently don't have time for experimenting with this that could I replace the menu with some other widget/element.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Reason why I did not include tabs is that it does not work for all situations as you said (i.e. when there is many pages). So it is not general enough to be added in my opinion. Nothing prevents someone making a patch that depends on my patch and adds that functionality though.
    I figured more options was better than fewer. =)

I know enough code to follow directions pretty much, so it pretty much counts me out for that.
    I would just do it manually with the 2 separate patches, but this patch wont install when tabbed patch is installed.
    Sigh.
    I love this patch, but starting today, whenever I've done a restart, Luna or full, all my added pages disappear. I'm not sure the catalyst for this change, but I can add the pages, and rename them while putting stuff in them, but they don't stay after reboot. I've removed the patch, reinstalled - done battery pulls, checked for conflicting patches... so far nothing has helped. Any suggestions?
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    I love this patch, but starting today, whenever I've done a restart, Luna or full, all my added pages disappear. I'm not sure the catalyst for this change, but I can add the pages, and rename them while putting stuff in them, but they don't stay after reboot. I've removed the patch, reinstalled - done battery pulls, checked for conflicting patches... so far nothing has helped. Any suggestions?
    It is not the patches fault since this can happen without the patch too (with the simple add/delete pages patch). I haven't heard anything sure about what causes this and how to get rid of it yet. Since for most it just have gone away by itself and for some then come back. What I did when this happened to me was doctoring since I was about to do it anyway. I don't know if resetting configuration helps or something like that. Hopefully others have better knowledge than I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by ihooten View Post
    Did you happen to interupt a boot up?
    This happened to me and another person I know.

Think he managed to fix it using WebOSDoctor.
    I had mine replaced as nothing I could do fixed it.
    It is not the patches fault since this can happen without the patch too (with the simple add/delete pages patch). I haven't heard anything sure about what causes this and how to get rid of it yet. Since for most it just have gone away by itself and for some then come back. What I did when this happened to me was doctoring since I was about to do it anyway. I don't know if resetting configuration helps or something like that. Hopefully others have better knowledge than I do.
    Yeah, not blaming the patch btw, I think it RoX0rZ... for sure, strange stuff happens in WebOS from time to time, like the theme leftovers from theme changes. For sure I've been doing advanced kernel alpha testing with voltages prior to this happening, but I don't think that it is causal. No, I think that this type of thing is an inherent part of WebOS where stuff just breaks from time to time. I do my backups and then give it the Doctor.
    Doctoring was the only fix for this... however, between Palm's Backup, Save/Restore, and Preware's saved items list, this was a relatively painless process and not nearly as long a process as I remember.
    I have a question on usage?

I'm trying to add a new page, but I want to 'insert' the new page in between some other pages.

Right now, it seems that all the new pages get added to the end of the last page.

If I cannot 'insert' a new page where I want, is there a way to move a page and all it's contents to other page?

Or do I have to move each app one by one?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    You should be able to go into edit mode and move the pages by using the left / right arrow keys
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    You should be able to go into edit mode and move the pages by using the left / right arrow keys
    Thanks so much! I actually just discovered it this very second and was getting on to write an update to my message that I discovered the answer.

I can't believe how easy that is, and what a great feature that I think a lot of people don't realize is there.

I want to thank you for taking the time to answer my question, I do appreciate that, tremendously!

And I just discovered that Page Wrapping is, I didn't understand what it was, it's just as good a feature.

I'm up to 12 pages now! Not capable without this patch!
    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Couple questions about this patch. I often pull up launcher and go to scroll to the left and it then proceeds to scroll a page to the right instead. Sometimes the same happens when trying to go in the opposite direction. Drives me nuts, does this happen to anyone else? I don't think I have any other patches that should be conflicting. Also, it has removed the animation of going from one page to the left or right and just sort of suddenly shows the next page. I actually prefer the animation. Is there no way to choose this or bring it back? Thanks,
  16.    #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Couple questions about this patch. I often pull up launcher and go to scroll to the left and it then proceeds to scroll a page to the right instead. Sometimes the same happens when trying to go in the opposite direction. Drives me nuts, does this happen to anyone else? I don't think I have any other patches that should be conflicting. Also, it has removed the animation of going from one page to the left or right and just sort of suddenly shows the next page. I actually prefer the animation. Is there no way to choose this or bring it back? Thanks,
    If you have some drag radius patch installed that can cause the behavior you describe other than that I don't have a clue.

When page wrapping is enabled there is no way to keep the animation this is due to limitation in scroller widget (the wrapping is a hack). Even without any conflicting patches the pages can act weirdly with wrapping if the phone is under load (haven't been able to produce in my phone though). If you disable wrapping then you get animation. And with easy jumping form page to page I think without wrapping is better.
    If you have some drag radius patch installed that can cause the behavior you describe other than that I don't have a clue.

When page wrapping is enabled there is no way to keep the animation this is due to limitation in scroller widget (the wrapping is a hack). Even without any conflicting patches the pages can act weirdly with wrapping if the phone is under load (haven't been able to produce in my phone though). If you disable wrapping then you get animation. And with easy jumping form page to page I think without wrapping is better.
    thanks man, didn't realize that. Will be turning wrapping back off.
    What's the status of this patch with 1.4.5? Anyone know? I've yet to update and would like to know!
  19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    What's the status of this patch with 1.4.5? Anyone know? I've yet to update and would like to know!
    There has been 1.4.5 version available for long time now.
    There has been 1.4.5 version available for long time now.
    Ah, thanks. In retrospect I probably should have read more of this thread, I was just desperate for an answer!

Great patch, thanks!