Page 49 of 72 FirstFirst ... 39444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by peglegs View Post
    How do I run EPR?
    From Preware.
    This will get you on track. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...overy-epr.html

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Thank you! Thank you!! That worked. I love this patch and I didn't want to lose it.
    Quote Originally Posted by peglegs View Post
    Thank you! Thank you!! That worked. I love this patch and I didn't want to lose it.
    You're welcome. Glad it worked!

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    You have unhide devmode app patch installed.
    Thanks Sconix, It was drivin me nuts.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    I noticed today that the Google Maps app disappeared from the launcher. I can call it up via "just type" but, I cannot unhide the icon.

I've tried going into the "list all apps" and "orange clicking" the icon, but I'm only offered the option of hiding it.

Any ideas on how I can unhide it?
  6.    #966  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    I noticed today that the Google Maps app disappeared from the launcher. I can call it up via "just type" but, I cannot unhide the icon.

I've tried going into the "list all apps" and "orange clicking" the icon, but I'm only offered the option of hiding it.

Any ideas on how I can unhide it?
    At least I can't think of any other reason than either launcher or list all apps app has not loaded settings correctly so restarting luna or phone should help.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    A device reset didn't solve the missing Google Maps app :-( If it were a "normal" app I would try to delete & re-install, but Google Maps doesn't show up in any app cat.

Could the fact that I shortend the name to GooMaps (so it would only take up one line), have anything to do with it? I wouldn't think it would, because I changed the name weeks ago... But one never knows...

At least I can't think of any other reason than either launcher or list all apps app has not loaded settings correctly so restarting luna or phone should help.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I'm getting the following error when trying to install:

Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.rej

any suggestions?
  9.    #969  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    A device reset didn't solve the missing Google Maps app :-( If it were a "normal" app I would try to delete & re-install, but Google Maps doesn't show up in any app cat.

Could the fact that I shortend the name to GooMaps (so it would only take up one line), have anything to do with it? I wouldn't think it would, because I changed the name weeks ago... But one never knows...
    First does the app show up as GooMaps or Google Maps in the All Apps List? And then even though there is only option to hide it have to tried to hide/show toggle it there? At least I was unable to reproduce this in anyway with changing the name etc. But the above questions should help me to determine where is it failing.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  10.    #970  
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post

Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.rej

any suggestions?
    Uninstall unhide devmove app patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post

Postinst

any suggestions?
    Don't ya just hate the obvious
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    49 pages late to the game, but I just uninstalled all my other launcher patches and installed this one. Fantastic patch! Thanks!
    Palm Pre Plus | WebOS 1.4.5 | Verizon
    Previous: Treo650, Palm III
    Installed the patch, no problems, but when I choose 'preferences ' it gets "stuck" and that's the only page I can view. If I chose any other option in launcher, all is OK. Minimizing the preferences menu works but no other menu can be opened. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Thank you very much, it worked!

(One of these decades I'll learn how to read error logs)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waank1 View Post
    Installed the patch, no problems, but when I choose 'preferences ' it gets "stuck" and that's the only page I can view. If I chose any other option in launcher, all is OK. Minimizing the preferences menu works but no other menu can be opened. Any ideas?
    Are you saying the preferences scene stays "stuck" open when you open the launcher after setting some..settings?

You need to backswipe on the preferences scene. It will then save the settings and put you back to the launcher.

I hope that is what your problem was.

Incase you missed the update to the OP on the official thread, there is now a wiki page for this patch. It contains a breakdown for installing, usage, troubleshooting, etc...

That worked, I feel dumb, lol. Awesome app, it replaces about 5 old ones for me.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Feature Request:

Be able to turn off animation without having to enable Page Wrap.

Thanks for an awesome program
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    First does the app show up as GooMaps or Google Maps in the All Apps List? And then even though there is only option to hide it have to tried to hide/show toggle it there? At least I was unable to reproduce this in anyway with changing the name etc. But the above questions should help me to determine where is it failing.
    It shows up as Goo Maps, with only the option to hide it, I tried to hide it, then show it again, but there was no change. this is so frustrating... I wonder how the icon got deleted in the first place.