Page 47 of 72 FirstFirst ... 37424344454647484950515257 ... LastLast
    Code:
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    4 29192 4 1166 0 0 2097 0 0:00:13 --:--:-- 0:00:13 5398
    100 29192 100 29192 0 0 29768 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 45541
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":6, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/appinfo.json.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    I've just re-doctored my pixi just to try this patch. Before this I thought because of some incompatibilities with other patches, made the installation unsuccessful.

But even after fully erase device and also re-doctored, I still can't get this patch to be installed.

Can anyone help me please?
  2.    #922  
    Quote Originally Posted by creezalird View Post
    Code:
    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    4 29192 4 1166 0 0 2097 0 0:00:13 --:--:-- 0:00:13 5398
    100 29192 100 29192 0 0 29768 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 45541
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":6, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":6 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.firstuse/appinfo.json.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    I've just re-doctored my pixi just to try this patch. Before this I thought because of some incompatibilities with other patches, made the installation unsuccessful.

But even after fully erase device and also re-doctored, I still can't get this patch to be installed.

Can anyone help me please?
    See my post in my thread about the same issue:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2644444
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    thanx sconix for the suggestion, but the WebOS Repair Utility is not working for my device. keep getting the device : <unknown> . based on what I've read through the posts on that utility discussion, it seems this utility is not compatible with Pixi+ o2 German.

Do you somehow know if i can just replace the "first use" file manually using SSH for example?
  4.    #924  
    Quote Originally Posted by creezalird View Post
    thanx sconix for the suggestion, but the WebOS Repair Utility is not working for my device. keep getting the device : <unknown> . based on what I've read through the posts on that utility discussion, it seems this utility is not compatible with Pixi+ o2 German.

Do you somehow know if i can just replace the "first use" file manually using SSH for example?
    If you know how to use 'vi' for example its rather simple. Just ssh to the device and change the line that says 'visible: "true"' by changing the true to false. Don't change anything else in the file or it will still conflict with the patch. For example internalz is not good for editing the file since I think it either adds empty line or alters the carriage returns in the file too.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    yeay..sconix, thanks very much..successfully edited the file using "vi"...and installed the patch..very nice patch..
    is there any way to have the icons back to 3 per grid?
    i am LOVING this patch! Maybe us webOS users will see "folders" soon?
    Quote Originally Posted by kilkennym27 View Post
    is there any way to have the icons back to 3 per grid?
    Read the first post! If you still dont understand, read the rest of this thread.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Finally got around to removing all of my launcher patches and installing this. It's great. Thanks sconix. I was also pleased to find that the Glass Effect patch is compatible. Why the hell don't Palm just incorporate this, or something similar, into webOS.
    confirmation WebOS 2.0 will have the ability to rearrange launcher pages and add them
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    confirmation WebOS 2.0 will have the ability to rearrange launcher pages and add them
    Another NDA breach? What, no icon density selection?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Read the first post! If you still dont understand, read the rest of this thread.

I read the thread and it seems 3 icons per row isnt possible with this patch yet. Can we get an icons per row setting in preferences sconix? THIS PATCH is still excellent btw.
    Last edited by kilkennym27; 09/09/2010 at 01:13 AM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by kilkennym27 View Post
    I read the thread and it seems 3 icons per row isnt possible with this patch yet. Can we get an icons per row setting in preferences sconix? THIS PATCH is still excellent btw.
    If you want 3 icons per row, set grid to Small.
    4, set grid to Medium.
    5, set to Large.

To control number of rows, alter the icon size.
    Optimum spacing I've found for the Pre with QuickLaunch enabled and no notification icons present:

5x5: large grid, 2 pixels, small icons
    4x4: medium grid, 6 pixels, medium icons (the one I use)
    3x4: small grid, 0 pixels, large icons
    3x3: small grid, 25 pixels, large icons

To clarify the previous post, you can actually control the number of rows with the pixel spacing; the icon size just limits your maximum number of rows. The beauty of this patch is that if you always have a notification up or prefer running without QuickLaunch you can tweak the spacing yourself to make it look great for your particular permutation.
    here is an idea. What if you could set two grid spacing sizes, one for when you don't have any notifications, one for wen you do (1 or more small icons), so that bottom icons could be seen in their entirety with or w/o notifications.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    If you want 3 icons per row, set grid to Small.
    4, set grid to Medium.
    5, set to Large.

To control number of rows, alter the icon size.

Thank you very much.
    I've noticed a bug with the page header feature. If I enable "page header" to "use page tabs" and then close, sometimes I'll hit page tab #1 and the wrong page appears. The same thing happens if I set page header to "use page name."

If I start selecting different tabs or page names, the mistake will eventually correct itself. Once corrected, I think it's ok.

I haven't tested it thoroughly but it seems to happen right after the page header option is first changed.

Not a major deal, just thought I'd report it.

Edit:
    Sprint Pre
    webOS version 1.4.5
    Advanced Configuration for App launcher v1.45-59
    6 total launcher pages
    Last edited by Trekker; 09/09/2010 at 08:16 PM. Reason: added info
  18.    #938  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    I've noticed a bug with the page header feature. If I enable "page header" to "use page tabs" and then close, sometimes I'll hit page tab #1 and the wrong page appears. The same thing happens if I set page header to "use page name."

If I start selecting different tabs or page names, the mistake will eventually correct itself. Once corrected, I think it's ok.

I haven't tested it thoroughly but it seems to happen right after the page header option is first changed.

Not a major deal, just thought I'd report it.

Edit:
    Sprint Pre
    webOS version 1.4.5
    Advanced Configuration for App launcher v1.45-59
    6 total launcher pages
    Fixed in next release.
    Wanted to say that I now have the hang of the ICON settings after playing around with various configs. With QL always on, I now have a 5 X 4 (inc QL) per page with nice large icons. The key was the grid spacing

Thnx sconix:
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Not sure what is causing this, but I'm thinking it has to do with this patch. Some mornings I wake up and my launcher starts acting strange. If I swipe up, the top left corner says "Launcher" but the launcher does not come up. If I pull down the menu, the launcher launches like an app. If I swipe up, it goes into card mode. If I do a luna restart, everything works normally again. The only things I can think of that could cause this are this patch and Mode Switcher. Anybody else see this happening?