Page 46 of 72 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dballew View Post
    Maybe you did not fully understand my post. Yes I get the double tap thing and yes I have read the very first post and about 90% of the other posts. I would like to have my main launcher pages display icons for all my other launcher pages so I can just hit one and go to it. Same as any othe launcher page with its icons. If I am missing somthing with this patch I am unaware of it. And I see nothing in preferences to do this.
    use the named pages option then tap the header to jump to the page you want.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I am am aware of all that. And that would be fine if you only have 4 pages.......
    I am am aware of all that. And that would be fine if you only have 4 pages.......
    I have six, it's fine for me. I guess you have 9 and the names list scrolls?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    I have eight and no problems here.

This is pointless anyway, Ive looked at the code for this and i dont see it being possible to create icons for launcher pages, and even if it were no way anybodys going to rewrite the code for the jump to launcher page patch to do this. way to much work for something thats already available.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Maybe you did not fully understand my post. Yes I get the double tap thing and yes I have read the very first post and about 90% of the other posts. I would like to have my main launcher pages display icons for all my other launcher pages so I can just hit one and go to it. Same as any othe launcher page with its icons. If I am missing somthing with this patch I am unaware of it. And I see nothing in preferences to do this.
    Two things:
    1) Tap on the name of the launcher pages (I bet you have created launcher pages) and it will show you all your other launcher pages. If you have 8 or more launcher pages you would have to scroll down, esp when using notifications.

2) Right now we can only places launcher page name, can not create icons, does that help?
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Hey I was only throwing out an idea just like many of you have for additions/changes to this patch. Not *****ing and moaning, just thinking outside the box...Rough idea attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Hey I was only throwing out an idea just like many of you have for additions/changes to this patch. Not *****ing and moaning, just thinking outside the box...Rough idea attached.
    No need to get your panties in a bunch, were just telling you it cant be done and all of the photoshop in the world is not going to change that, And yes we know what an icon looks like and understand what you are asking for. That doesn't change the fact that the logistics of what you are asking are NOT possible at this time. no amount of explaining your case is going to change that.

Why would anybody take the time to (IF it were even possible) rewrite the entire code for the launcher to do this when there is a similar (almost identical) solution to your proposal. And for free no less!

I apologize in advance if Im wrong about this, Im not the most knowledgeable dev on this board. I just dont see enough interest in this to warrant even trying.

I mean you click on the page name and special page pops up w/ a list of all of the other pages (similar to your request) for you to click the page you want.

I just dont get the reasoning for reinventing the wheel, so to speak.

Follow the link below.

So, I finally updated to webOS 1.4.5. I was using an older version of this patch with the glass effect suite theme. I like how the menus were black glass (no gradients). Now with the latest version of ACAL I get a grey (top) to black (bottom) gradient. Not liking it really. Any chance we can go back? TIA.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  9.    #909  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    So, I finally updated to webOS 1.4.5. I was using an older version of this patch with the glass effect suite theme. I like how the menus were black glass (no gradients). Now with the latest version of ACAL I get a grey (top) to black (bottom) gradient. Not liking it really. Any chance we can go back? TIA.
    I can't make the patch compatible with every theme. I made the the changes to css file as compatible I could. And if theme is done properly it should work fully with the patch. Meaning that the patch wont override any background styles it only alters the size of the icon areas. At least the glass effect patch works fully with this patch. So themes should also, but as said if theme makes something very custom to the launcher.css then it may cause problems. And I am really wondering how this patch could effect menus since it does not touch those styles at all. And really the patch does not have any color / gradient styles neither.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Interesting. Let me play with the glass effect theme vs. patch. Thanks. Awesome work btw!
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Interesting. Let me play with the glass effect theme vs. patch. Thanks. Awesome work btw!
    Here try this it gets rid of the gradients as well as the ones for messaging, BTW it is compatible w/ sconix's patch.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Follow the link below.

i'm using the glass effect suite theme (alternate) with all of sconix's patches and have no problems at all; menus look as they are supposed to, no fades and no greys. haven't used the non-alternate version; i think the only difference is the darkness of the glass?? (i'm on sprint 1.4.5)
    sconix, 2sslow, et all,
    i have read elsewhere that the launcher button on the QL bar cannot be moved/deleted as it is hard coded into webos; just wondering if, with any of the new webos changes- and since a theme can change the look of it- can it be "repurposed" to launch an app?

two minor observations (neither of which matter to me) if you need to know.
    1. the 'add new apps on ## page' does not work for me- set to 'last', still puts them on first.
    2. the bottom scroll-arrow still shows occasionally, but not where you'd expect. e.g. one page has an empty row at the bottom and has an arrow, while another has 5x5 all filled up and doesn't have one. doing something like turning 'page indicators' off then on removes them.
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    sconix, 2sslow, et all,
    i have read elsewhere that the launcher button on the QL bar cannot be moved/deleted as it is hard coded into webos; just wondering if, with any of the new webos changes- and since a theme can change the look of it- can it be "repurposed" to launch an app?

two minor observations (neither of which matter to me) if you need to know.
    1. the 'add new apps on ## page' does not work for me- set to 'last', still puts them on first.
    2. the bottom scroll-arrow still shows occasionally, but not where you'd expect. e.g. one page has an empty row at the bottom and has an arrow, while another has 5x5 all filled up and doesn't have one. doing something like turning 'page indicators' off then on removes them.
    I cant speak to the rest but the launcher icon is apparently here to stay, It cannot be changed at all except to change the icon. it looks as though Palm has ignored our rants about this as it appears in the 2.0 screenshots as well.

Follow the link below.

i'm using the glass effect suite theme (alternate) with all of sconix's patches and have no problems at all; menus look as they are supposed to, no fades and no greys. haven't used the non-alternate version; i think the only difference is the darkness of the glass?? (i'm on sprint 1.4.5)
    Booya!!! Thanks for the tip! The funny thing is, I had the regular glass theme before and it didn't have the grey. All is well in Preland.

I am now VERY happy with my Pre. A 1.4.5 doctored Pre plus uberkernel at 1GHz is much much more snappy (had 1.4.1 with F105).

PS. find attached pic of the glass theme with gradient.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ChemEngr; 09/05/2010 at 10:06 PM.
    Hi...I was going to try this patch but wondered what other patches it replaces.

Would it be possible to update the first post in this thread with the description of the patch, change logs, etc?

I realize the developer didn't start the thread but it would make it easier for people if all the current info was in the first post.

Thanks!
  17.    #917  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Hi...I was going to try this patch but wondered what other patches it replaces.

Would it be possible to update the first post in this thread with the description of the patch, change logs, etc?

I realize the developer didn't start the thread but it would make it easier for people if all the current info was in the first post.

Thanks!
    In short all app launcher patches + all unhide app xxx patches. Only couple like the transparent and glass effect patches from app launcher patches are compatible.

And there is Wiki page coming and updates to threads when they are ready.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I tried to update the first post a few times in the past with the URL for sconix's patches, but for some reason, the page didnt save before.. anyways, here is the best link that sconix recommended be posted for the reference for his patches snd apps..
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ice-menus.html

and also, dont forget send sconix a donation if you like his patches or Mode Switcher app (http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...tcher-1-x.html)

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

(no, I dont get a cut, just helping show some support for one of our great developers that we are honored to have with us!!)

sj
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip on the Glass Effects Alternate version. It looks great and works perfectly w/ ACAL.

I'm using medium grid, medium icon, 0 pixels, no titles, and love the look of 4x5 (w/ the launcher), icons and black glass effect. (and I'm finding I don't miss/need the titles at all)

This is the kind of stuff that should be "baked-in" the next version of webOS 2.0 (it's a Plam "thing" - PalmOS allowed users to choose themes first via add-ons, then it was built-in.)

ACAL and M.S. are must have apps, that should be built into webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    In short all app launcher patches + all unhide app xxx patches.
    So, patches such as "battery icon as percent" and "Ringer switch icon" or any of the top bar patches should be ok, correct?

Edit: nevermind...I gave it a shot, works fine with the top bar patches. Great app!
    Last edited by Trekker; 09/06/2010 at 10:23 AM.