Page 45 of 72 FirstFirst ... 35404142434445464748495055 ... LastLast
    This is a great patch that combines quite a few useful patches in one. Although it does conflict with other patches that do the same thing, combining them just seems like the best way to go. What I found that conflicts are the "Named Pages in Launcher", "Hide Quick Launch Bar in Launcher Remix", Gesture Tap for Info & Delete", and the "Advanced Launcer Options". The last one is missed as I don't have anything patched that will allow for those functions (except for the dev mode).

One of my favorite patches EVER!!!!
    Are bad people born that way? Or did something go terribly wrong?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If you are using page wrapping this may happen and there is nothing that I can do about it, it works better on some situations than other (the page wrapping is a hack that fights against scroller widgets normal functionality). If you are not using page wrap then do you have any drag radius patches installed which might cause this. At least my patch does not touch the "swiping" part of the launcher, its still normal widget controlled by palm code.
    I had enabled page wrapping about the same time I noticed the issue, and yes, disabling page wrapping made the behavior I noticed stop.

This is one fine patch, you have packed so much in one, thank you.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    I had enabled page wrapping about the same time I noticed the issue, and yes, disabling page wrapping made the behavior I noticed stop.

This is one fine patch, you have packed so much in one, thank you.
    Yes, I confirm that turning off wrap pages fixes a lot of strange launcher movement issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by mjsmiley View Post
    This is a great patch, I like the fact that it gives you options. Thank you greatly. Is there anyway to have it change the font size below each icon? That's all I'd like extra is a few choices there since so many of my apps now have carriage returns in weird places due to long words. Usually its just two orphaned letters, so I though changing the font size may help. It would be very appreciated. Thanks.
    To fix "orphaned letters" (I like that phrase) you can place a carriage return wherever you want within the app's name by doing the following:

1. Tap Option/Gesture + the app you want to rename.
    2. Tap Rename.
    3. In the app's name, type "<br>" (without the quotes) wherever you want to place a carriage return.

These instructions just confirm that sconix is the man! He thinks of everything! I've renamed many of my long name apps that had "orphaned letters" thanks to sconix. I admit that I am a perfectionist and everything must look the way I want it to look!
    Last edited by sjamie; 09/03/2010 at 11:25 PM.
    # In the app's name, type "<br>" (without the quotes)wherever you want a carriage return.
    what does this do ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Hey guys I noticed that the last updated unhid "First Use" app.. could someone tell me what that app? I know I can just hide it, but I'm curious to know what it is.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaki View Post
    Hey guys I noticed that the last updated unhid "First Use" app.. could someone tell me what that app? I know I can just hide it, but I'm curious to know what it is.
    Thanks
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2557502

go read this if you really want to know . but i warn you when i say dont touch that app unless you want to lose all your stuff lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I've ran it before and nothing happens, it just sits there with the blue cloud background :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    what does this do ?
    Forces a line break. I use it on a bunch of my app names.
    Hey Sconix, there are rumors going around that webOS 2.0 will have the ability to add, delete, rename and rearrange launcher pages. Might be fun to see how your patch interacts with webOS 2.0. Or if there are more API's coming out to give your patch more abilities to change the launcher even more.

I wish some how the new WebOS 2.0 gives ability to have scrollable quick launch bar.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2557502

go read this if you really want to know . but i warn you when i say dont touch that app unless you want to lose all your stuff lol
    Oh man I hope not! Thanks for that link but I had already clicked on the first use app twice to see what it is, nothing has happened so far. (It's been over 13 hours now since I last opened it) But just to be safe I will backup everything right away before I have to restart the phone.. lol
    In the mean time, does anyone know what it actually is? And how/why it showed up after the last update? Thanks
    would there be any way to have an icon for each launcher page that could be put on a launcher page the same way other icons are. That way you could have the launcher open to a launcher page that would show an icon for each of your pages and you could just tap and go directly to the page you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by dballew View Post
    would there be any way to have an icon for each launcher page that could be put on a launcher page the same way other icons are. That way you could have the launcher open to a launcher page that would show an icon for each of your pages and you could just tap and go directly to the page you need.
    Wow you really didnt read this thread did you?

Read the very first post and all your hopes will be revealed.

Try opening the preferences tab.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

shortcut: double-tap on a blank area to jump to any launcher page
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Forces a line break. I use it on a bunch of my app names.
    tried it with auto correct edit and when i did this with the word "edit" it disappeared lol but thats kool just went with the name change ha ha !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    I have a pixi. This launcher patch is by far the best patch I have in my phone. Super job.

I have a problem. When I list the apps and high light to hide some of the apps the hide window pops up, I push hide, and then it'll show the hidden app greyed out in the list view, ut when I go back to the launcher the app is still there. Trying to get rid of nascar, first use and usb passthru. I even tried doing a luna restart. Am I doing something wrong? . When I hit hide the hide window just stays there. I have to side swipe to get the window out of the way. Should I try deleting this patch and reinstalling? I wanna hide the first use app. Already launched it by mistake a couple of times.
    Last edited by xalky; 09/04/2010 at 09:06 AM.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    tried uninstallin and reinstalling patch and still the unwanted apps appear. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by xalky View Post
    tried uninstallin and reinstalling patch and still the unwanted apps appear. Any ideas?
    They appear by design. To rehide them, gesture/opt tap on them and choose hide.
    Maybe you did not fully understand my post. Yes I get the double tap thing and yes I have read the very first post and about 90% of the other posts. I would like to have my main launcher pages display icons for all my other launcher pages so I can just hit one and go to it. Same as any othe launcher page with its icons. If I am missing somthing with this patch I am unaware of it. And I see nothing in preferences to do this.
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    They appear by design. To rehide them, gesture/opt tap on them and choose hide.
    I did that. It aint hiding from the list view. But after reading your post. Itried the gesture/tap and it worked. Thank you so much. I didn't know about the gesture/tap movement. Sweet.