Page 44 of 72 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
    sconix you are the man . This update was cleane as well as the slider bar for spacing
    Here's a stupid question.. if you hide an app with this patch, how would you unhide it?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Thanks very much for the clear explanation sconix
  4.    #864  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Here's a stupid question.. if you hide an app with this patch, how would you unhide it?
    From list all applications from the app menu.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    From list all applications from the app menu.
    Thx alot, man.
    oh, this patch keeps gettn bettr & bettr! I keep changing my setup bak & forth as you enable more possibilities. To make it quick, the ability to combine pages in edit view would be neat, so that all icons of combined pages are then on a single page.

thanks for all the work sconix!
    This patch just keeps getting better & better . . !
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bebovalles View Post
    um, I opened and closed First Use about 5 times!! I liked the pretty sky What happens when radios reset?
    +1 I opened it a couple times too. Weird though, this app didn't show up until this last app update.
    Quote Originally Posted by garavin View Post
    One thing that might be useful for Sconix to consider in a future release is to allow the users to tweak the grid sizes. Maybe two sliders or selection boxes that allow you to change the horizontal and vertical dimensions by, say +/- 5 pixels. That way, Sconix wouldn't have to try to accomodate all of the possible launcher configurations for icon spacing (hidden/shown Page Headers, QL Bar, Icon Titles, etc.) He can just provide the basic framework in the form of the existing Small/Medium/Large grid spacing and icon sizes, and let the users adjust the padding from there.
    garavin, thanks for making this request.

sconix, thanks for honoring it! This patch is so cool now, it's scary!
    Quote Originally Posted by xalky View Post
    +1 I opened it a couple times too. Weird though, this app didn't show up until this last app update.
    so is it bad if i opened it a few times trying to figure out what it does?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Sconix, I have noticed some odd behavior over the course of the last 2 or 3 updates.

I have quite a few cards, the one all the way to the left (all marks at the bottom are on the right) is the one where new apps go. The next card to the right is the page that opens when I launch a page, its my quick launch page, those apps I use most.

The oddity happens when I try to swipe to the right from the default page. I never go to the page immediately to the right, but instead go to my games page (3 marks lower right, 11 marks lower left). Once I swipe from there, everything stays lined up.

If I swipe to the left instead, seems to always go to the most left page (all 14 marks in lower right) like it should.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Yes, I also have a quirky swipe thang going on; it sometimes swipes to the opposite direction. Not that big of a deal, but a bit annoying.

BUT IT'S MINOR COMPARED TO THIS GREAT PATCH!!

(wait for it.....)

I'm just sayin'.......

13.    #873  
    Quote Originally Posted by jdod View Post
    Sconix, I have noticed some odd behavior over the course of the last 2 or 3 updates.

I have quite a few cards, the one all the way to the left (all marks at the bottom are on the right) is the one where new apps go. The next card to the right is the page that opens when I launch a page, its my quick launch page, those apps I use most.

The oddity happens when I try to swipe to the right from the default page. I never go to the page immediately to the right, but instead go to my games page (3 marks lower right, 11 marks lower left). Once I swipe from there, everything stays lined up.

If I swipe to the left instead, seems to always go to the most left page (all 14 marks in lower right) like it should.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    Yes, I also have a quirky swipe thang going on; it sometimes swipes to the opposite direction. Not that big of a deal, but a bit annoying.

BUT IT'S MINOR COMPARED TO THIS GREAT PATCH!!

(wait for it.....)

I'm just sayin'.......

If you are using page wrapping this may happen and there is nothing that I can do about it, it works better on some situations than other (the page wrapping is a hack that fights against scroller widgets normal functionality). If you are not using page wrap then do you have any drag radius patches installed which might cause this. At least my patch does not touch the "swiping" part of the launcher, its still normal widget controlled by palm code.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfbuckingham View Post
    i've removed all launcher patches, but i still can't get the advanced config launcher patch to install. i keep getting the error message: "2 out of 13 hunks failed." is there anything else i can do? i'd really like to have this useful patch!
    Remove all launcher patches from preware as well as any other "unhide xxx" patches. Ex: unhide devmode
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    This is a great patch, I like the fact that it gives you options. Thankyou greatly. Is there anyway to have it change the font size below each icon? That's all I'd like extra is a few choices there since so many of my apps now have cariage returns in weird places due to long words. Usually its just two orphaned letters, so I though changing the font size may help. It would be very appreciated. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    I'll do new release later today. It has new option "Show in launcher" for QL and fixed a small bug with cursor placement on app rename. Also tweaked the icon spacing and now whole rows with each setting combination. Also tweaked all the large grid settings so that now larger/small gives you 5x6.
    Frickin' AWESOME!!! The slider for vertical grid sizing is a fantastic addition. With Medium Grid, Large Icons, 2px vertical spacing, Page Name headers on, Icon Titles Off and Hide QL Always I've got perfect 4x5 spacing. Genius!

ACAL, Mode Switcher (plus Mode and Today patches) and System Mods are, IMHO, must-haves on any Pre or Pixi. Throw in UberKernal and Govnah, and the Pre is literally a v2.0 phone. Thanks for making the wait for the next Palm phone and WebOS version a viable option!

One question... Does anyone know whether it's possible to turn off the "auto-arrange" feature of the launcher whereby the icons always fill in complete rows from left to right? I'm not asking because I'd like to see this included in a future release, but sometimes I think I'd like the option to place icons on a launcher page and have them snap to the nearest grid position, but not necessarily fill in an empty space in a row or column.

Just saying it would be cool if there was an option for that. Maybe in ACAL 2.0...
    Last edited by garavin; 09/03/2010 at 09:56 AM.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    garavin, thanks for making this request.

sconix, thanks for honoring it! This patch is so cool now, it's scary!
    You're welcome, but it's all down to Sconix's genius work. I have a feeling he'd have come to it on his own soon enough; I just piped up when I saw all those posts from users asking to tweak the spacing this way and that. The ACAL patch is, after all, about granting users the most control possible over their launcher.

But if I helped to spark the work on the slider, well, I'm honored to have played a little part in what is, hands down, one of the top 2 or 3 patches for WebOS phones.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    If you are using page wrapping this may happen and there is nothing that I can do about it, it works better on some situations than other (the page wrapping is a hack that fights against scroller widgets normal functionality). If you are not using page wrap then do you have any drag radius patches installed which might cause this. At least my patch does not touch the "swiping" part of the launcher, its still normal widget controlled by palm code.
    Same thing used to happen to me every now and then. Since I've turned off page wrapping, the problem hasn't recurred (BTW, I use the Reduce Drag Radius to 8px patch).
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
  19.    #879  
    Quote Originally Posted by mjsmiley View Post
    This is a great patch, I like the fact that it gives you options. Thankyou greatly. Is there anyway to have it change the font size below each icon? That's all I'd like extra is a few choices there since so many of my apps now have cariage returns in weird places due to long words. Usually its just two orphaned letters, so I though changing the font size may help. It would be very appreciated. Thanks.
    I already set the title width to maximum in my opinion. With two full length titles next to each other leaves only 2-3 pixels space between. So even when set to maximum it would give one letter more at the most. And still there always would be someone who has longer names that does not quite fit. So only option is to set smaller icon size or smaller grid size to get more width.
  20.    #880  
    Quote Originally Posted by garavin View Post
    You're welcome, but it's all down to Sconix's genius work. I have a feeling he'd have come to it on his own soon enough; I just piped up when I saw all those posts from users asking to tweak the spacing this way and that. The ACAL patch is, after all, about granting users the most control possible over their launcher.

But if I helped to spark the work on the slider, well, I'm honored to have played a little part in what is, hands down, one of the top 2 or 3 patches for WebOS phones.
    Yes thanks for the idea. I don't always have the time to think all implementation ways myself so feedback/ideas are always appreciated. And I may not always take into those ideas, but when it reduces amount of code needed and gives more control I am all in