Page 43 of 72 FirstFirst ... 33383940414243444546474853 ... LastLast
  1.    #841  
    During my tests I found the reason for the dragging of icons problem which actually is in some of the individual 4x4 / 5x5 patches too. In my patch this was visible at least with large grid + small icons. That dragging of icons could not be started on every part of the icon (only tapping and holding lower part of the icon). This is now fixed in next release. So now when ever the light lids over the icon it is draggable unlike previously it might not have moved anywhere.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2.    #842  
    I will release the next version tomorrow. It has slider for vertical spacing so everyone can have whole rows with all settings and as tightly packed rows as they want. So this means that even Pixi owners can get whole icon rows
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I just had an idea.. Hide launcher pages instead of apps... Or it would be cool to have mode switcher hide apps for a trigger!
  4. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    You continue to amaze me. Can't wait for 1.4.5 to ht VZW.

Did I read that this patch isn't compatible with "delete from notification"? (It still works on 1.4.1-31.)
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    You continue to amaze me. Can't wait for 1.4.5 to ht VZW.

Did I read that this patch isn't compatible with "delete from notification"? (It still works on 1.4.1-31.)
    no that's incorrect " delete from notifications " works just fine
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I too am having an issue with pages being lost and apps being sent back to their original 3 pages after reboot.

I've read the posts regarding the fact that the phone isn't saving preferences properly or the database being damaged and know this must be what's wrong.

My question is this: How do I get sorted out? Do I need to Doctor or is there another procedure I can follow to get this problem resolved?

In either event, what steps should I follow to repair this problem and to get back this patch and my others, my apps and app data in the least painful manner possible?

Any and all help will be profoundly appreciated!!!!
    Last edited by SlapVanVoila; 09/02/2010 at 08:37 AM. Reason: clarity
    "Hopefully it's taking so long because they are upgrading the cameras, adding a 4G radio, higher resolution screen, NFC, a gyroscope, fingerprint reader and an app that builds you and island and then transforms the phone into a jet and flies you there." - Blue Duck Butter, on the Pre 3 release.
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    by the way, just wanted to mention that I was finally able to get this installed but had to go through a few steps:

1) save my package list in preware

2) remove ACAL from saved package list

3) run emergency patch revovery app to remove all patches

4) reinstall all patches via saved package list

5) install ACAL

this assumes that you've already uninstalled the conflicting patches mentioned earlier in this thread and also that you luna restart your phone when prompted in between some of these steps.

good luck, I hope this helps others who were considering doctoring - this is a lot less painful!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by regoettle View Post

Update. Manually downloaded new webos doctor. However still not recognizing Pre. Have put phone in developer mode using code instead of app and restarted. Still no luck. Ran webosquickinstall and it wouldn't recognize phone either. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Have you tried posting your issues with Jason's Repair Utility in its thread? Maybe someone there will have some ideas about why it's not running correctly for you.
    with the repair utility you have to open option then check the override compatibilty in order to fix everything including your issue. There is nothing wrong wth the utility. It designed to overlook patches and fix os glitches unless you check off the override compatibiltiy option.
    if your using windows do a serch for services.msc and open it up and scroll down to palm novacom and right click and hit restart this may help. Also I have a novacom driver that is modified to work better with vista.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhat1 View Post
    Have you tried posting your issues with Jason's Repair Utility in its thread? Maybe someone there will have some ideas about why it's not running correctly for you.
    SUCCESS
    Finally got things fixed and the patch installed. Thanks for all the great assistance and great apps (JASON!!!). Repair utility did the trick, once I reinstalled novacom. Apparently it was corrupted and the utility repair app was not seeing the phone. Unfortunately, the computer I was using didn't give me an error message that device (phone) was not found. It just acted like it was thinking about loading the phone information for hours. Tried on a different computer and got the no device connected error message. A little searching through the forums pointed to a corrupt novacom file and I found you could reinstall it from webosquickinstall. Reinstalled and the repair utility scan started right away and worked like a charm, reinstalling over 50 missing pdfviewer files. (Still not sure what I did to delete/corrupt them. Of course now I don't care since if I do again, I know how to repair.)

Now I can reinstall the remaining patches I need to get back my phone life back to normal. Thanks again everyone. Life is good...
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Great work on the latest upgrade - all my anal retentiveness about 4x4v3 is now gone. Love the slider - although I ended up staying at 6 pixels.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    After the update, I found a new app icon on my launcher called "First Use" that I don't remember downloading. I understand that it's a program that runs during initial setup of a new Pre. Is it possible that the update is related to this new program, or is it simply a coincidence? TIA
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    After the update, I found a new app icon on my launcher called "First Use" that I don't remember downloading. I understand that it's a program that runs during initial setup of a new Pre. Is it possible that the update is related to this new program, or is it simply a coincidence? TIA
    It's always been there - just hidden.

-- Rod
  15.    #855  
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    Yes this patch also unhides all hidden apps since you can hide them now "dynamically". I am thinking of separating the unhide all into separate package when I form my patches for 2.0 just to get clear categorization for the patch.
    On that note, don't run First Use unless you want your radios to reset themselves.
    um, I opened and closed First Use about 5 times!! I liked the pretty sky What happens when radios reset?
    just updated all icon spacing and grid sizes are PERFECT...I REPEAT PERFECT! if u can help it plz dont adjust them again lol only cuz i have to readjust my pages and icon locations everytime lol

EDITlz disregard all of that sconix jus realized u put an adjustable bar in the preferences to tweak grid spacing....
    Last edited by mksand28; 09/02/2010 at 05:59 PM.
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  19.    #859  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    just updated all icon spacing and grid sizes are PERFECT...I REPEAT PERFECT! if u can help it plz dont adjust them again lol only cuz i have to readjust my pages and icon locations everytime lol
    No worries this is the last iteration of this patch for 1.4.5 (most likely). For 2.0 I will again bring something new to this patch
    cant wait this has become one of... if not the most important patch i have, your hard work and time is appreciated
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!