Page 42 of 72 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
  1.    #821  
    I'll do new release later today. It has new option "Show in launcher" for QL and fixed a small bug with cursor placement on app rename. Also tweaked the icon spacing and now whole rows with each setting combination. Also tweaked all the large grid settings so that now larger/small gives you 5x6.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    kool thanks sconix !!! What is the next patch anyways ?
  3.    #823  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    kool thanks sconix !!! What is the next patch anyways ?
    Next patch I am already working on is adding advanced configuration for system preferences Basically adding configuration/features for system preferences/apps that I think are missing from WebOS. Although not the only patch under work.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    kool will this be added into one of the menu mode patches or added somewhere else . I will help test if needed.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5.    #825  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    kool will this be added into one of the menu mode patches or added somewhere else . I will help test if needed.
    It will be a separate patch and if it requires testing I keep you in mind. But it is at least week or two away from being ready.
    Sconix,

Renamed apps located in the launch bar are reverted back to their default names after a restart. Any ideas on how to keep the name changes after a restart?

Thanks-
    I just changed a name of one of my apps and then did a reboot and the name stuck properly . Did you hit the enter button after changing the name or swipe away the screen. You must hit the enter button in order for the name to stick.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8.    #828  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    Sconix,

Renamed apps located in the launch bar are reverted back to their default names after a restart. Any ideas on how to keep the name changes after a restart?

Thanks-
    The names are saved everytime you rename an app. So if all lost their renamed names then maybe the loading of settings failed for some reason. Have you tried luna restart again?
    By the way, after Doctoring the Pre, I proceeded to install this patch first, and I had success! I will not install any themes either! My question is now that I have this installed along with 50+ other patches, do I need to be on the lookout for the next update to this patch, and the patches I have installed? I haven't read this entire thread, so I'm not sure if there is a list of conflicting patches to this patch. Soup.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
  10.    #830  
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    By the way, after Doctoring the Pre, I proceeded to install this patch first, and I had success! I will not install any themes either! My question is now that I have this installed along with 50+ other patches, do I need to be on the lookout for the next update to this patch, and the patches I have installed? I haven't read this entire thread, so I'm not sure if there is a list of conflicting patches to this patch. Soup.
    At least this patch wont gain more features anymore at least not before next WebOS version. There was list of conflicting patches, but they are almost all those that which functionality is already provided by this patch.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    I can EPR in less than 20 mins.
    20 Minutes!!!!! You must really have time to kill!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The names are saved everytime you rename an app. So if all lost their renamed names then maybe the loading of settings failed for some reason. Have you tried luna restart again?
    Only the apps in the launch bar are loosing their renamed names.

If I try renaming an app while it's still in the launch bar, the name doesn't save at all. If I pull the app out of the launch bar and into the main launcher, the rename sticks, even after a luna restart. However, putting the renamed app into the launch bar, then performing a luna restart, causes the app to revert back to it's default name.

I'll try uninstalling/reinstalling the patch.
  13.    #833  
    Quote Originally Posted by mrjcarter View Post
    Only the apps in the launch bar are loosing their renamed names.

If I try renaming an app while it's still in the launch bar, the name doesn't save at all. If I pull the app out of the launch bar and into the main launcher, the rename sticks, even after a luna restart. However, putting the renamed app into the launch bar, then performing a luna restart, causes the app to revert back to it's default name.

I'll try uninstalling/reinstalling the patch.
    Ah now I understand. That is actually a bug then, since I clear out names that are not in app list so that uninstalled apps wont stay in the configuration etc., but forgot that apps can go to launcher too. So will fix this for next release.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I'm having an issue with the patch I installed today, and have searched back 8 pages to see if others do too, but it seems not. So here goes...

I cannot hide apps! Everything installed OK and I've been able to implement the options I like, but I cannot get rid of NASCAR (for example)! I load Launcher and then click "List All Applications". I scroll down to NASCAR (or any other unwanted app, for that matter) and click on it. I am presented with the dialog box with a 'hide' button. I click that button and nothing seems to happen until my screen blanks out.

When I bring back the blanked out screen, I can see I'm still in the "List All Applications" menu, and NASCAR is greyed out. There are no commit buttons anywhere.

If I backswipe back to the launcher, NASCAR is still there!

For the record, I deleted the 'Hide Nascar', 'Hide Sprint Football', and 'Hide (something else)' patches before I was able to successfully install this patch.

Thoughts?

*** Update ***:
    I forgot to mention that I also restarted the Pre, and no joy!
    Last edited by TJude; 09/01/2010 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Update
  15.    #835  
    Quote Originally Posted by TJude View Post
    I'm having an issue with the patch I installed today, and have searched back 8 pages to see if others do too, but it seems not. So here goes...

I cannot hide apps! Everything installed OK and I've been able to implement the options I like, but I cannot get rid of NASCAR (for example)! I load Launcher and then click "List All Applications". I scroll down to NASCAR (or any other unwanted app, for that matter) and click on it. I am presented with the dialog box with a 'hide' button. I click that button and nothing seems to happen until my screen blanks out.

When I bring back the blanked out screen, I can see I'm still in the "List All Applications" menu, and NASCAR is greyed out. There are no commit buttons anywhere.

If I backswipe back to the launcher, NASCAR is still there!

For the record, I deleted the Hide Nascar, Hide Sprint Football, and Hide (something else) before I was able to successfully install this patch.

Thoughts?
    Have you tried restarting luna or phone? I don't know why but for some people the configuration subscriptions are not always successful on some reboots. I would not like to add any hacks that the configuration subscription would be done several time etc. since at least for me it has been working everytime. When it happens to me then I am able to see (hopefully) the reason from logs and add a proper fix if needed.
    @TJude ---- how about try this hold down gesture + tap on an app and you will get an option to hide it
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 09/01/2010 at 10:17 AM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Have you tried restarting luna or phone?
    I did restart the phone. No joy. Didn't Luna restart. The Gesture tap worked (Thanks Shad), so I'm good for now.

When it happens to me then I am able to see (hopefully) the reason from logs and add a proper fix if needed.
    If you need my help in bug-hunting, let me know what you need (logs?) Thanks for a great patch.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    On another topic. After installing this patch, 'USB Passthrough' and 'Phone Options' both showed up. I don't recall seeing them before. Was that just something contemporaneous, or did the patch do this?

Not a problem - just a question.
    Quote Originally Posted by TJude View Post
    On another topic. After installing this patch, 'USB Passthrough' and 'Phone Options' both showed up. I don't recall seeing them before. Was that just something contemporaneous, or did the patch do this?

Not a problem - just a question.
    These apps were always there, but hidden by WebOS (like Developer Mode enable). Since the patch allows users to hide / unhide any apps you want, Sconix has unhidden these by default, you can Meta-tap the icon and hide at your will (or just move these to a 'settings' page like I did -- just in case)
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhat1 View Post
    regoettle -- based on what you've been posting I think you had the same issue as I did with the PDFViewer being the cause of the patch failing to install. At mamouton's suggestion I ran Jason's Repair Utility, which found that a number of the files related to PDFViewer were missing! I used Jason's Repair Utility (RMB linked to it in the post above this one) to restore the files, and then installation of Sconix' patch went off without a hitch. One note -- Jason's Repair Utility requires the WebOS Doctor file in order to compare and fix any problems with your phone. If you don't have it it will prompt you to download it, however it downloaded an old version for me (1.4.2). I had to manually download the WebOS Doctor 1.4.5 in order to get the repair utility to work. Good luck!
    Tried to run the JRU file last night. I downloaded webos doctor at the prompt and pointed to the file when asked. Unfortunately it never seemed to find any information from my phone after I started the scan. I started it last night and it had run for at least 10 hours when I cancelled it this morning. Am assuming this is too long and indicates an issue. Am hoping it is the webos doctor version issue you noted. I am going to manually download 1.4.5 as you did and try again tonight. Hopefully I will have better luck.

Update. Manually downloaded new webos doctor. However still not recognizing Pre. Have put phone in developer mode using code instead of app and restarted. Still no luck. Ran webosquickinstall and it wouldn't recognize phone either. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by regoettle; 09/01/2010 at 09:52 PM.