Page 41 of 72 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    You can run Jason's Repair utility.
    Which repair utility are you referring? I have tried the Emergency Patch Recovery and the Emergency Repair Utility. Both (several times with reboots.) to no avail. I have never had any theme and currently have no patches installed on my Sprint phone as they were wiped by the epr. However I still have the mm/dd and time appearing as well a the battery as % even though Preware indicated no patches installed. Love the interaction and all the help. Hopefully there is a reasonable answer short of a full doctor of the phone which I have never done. Thanks again...
  2.    #802  
    Quote Originally Posted by regoettle View Post
    Which repair utility are you referring? I have tried the Emergency Patch Recovery and the Emergency Repair Utility. Both (several times with reboots.) to no avail. I have never had any theme and currently have no patches installed on my Sprint phone as they were wiped by the epr. However I still have the mm/dd and time appearing as well a the battery as % even though Preware indicated no patches installed. Love the interaction and all the help. Hopefully there is a reasonable answer short of a full doctor of the phone which I have never done. Thanks again...
    Since the patches still are in "operation" after EPR that for some reason something has messed with the files. There is a utility which name I can't remember that scans the files and tells you which are not original and then you can replace those files with original once and get the thing up and running again without doctoring. Maybe someone remembers the name of the app (I have never needed any of the recovery apps so can't remember their names).
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Emergency File Verification?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Since the patches still are in "operation" after EPR that for some reason something has messed with the files. There is a utility which name I can't remember that scans the files and tells you which are not original and then you can replace those files with original once and get the thing up and running again without doctoring. Maybe someone remembers the name of the app (I have never needed any of the recovery apps so can't remember their names).
    Ran the emergengy file verification patch. It failed giveing me a laundry list of stock files that had been modified all starting with: "File: /usr/palm/application/com/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/...." (included images, resources, and views among a few others). I do remember having to modify this in 1.3.1, if I remember correctly using the extract pdfviewer, I believe to enable landscape viewing. However it was no longer needed in 1.4 as landscape became part of the OS. Am I remembering incorrectly? In any even, I assummed with the 1.4 upgrade the original change would have been overwritten by the updated OS. Apparently not. Obviously this pdfviewer is my problem child but I am clueless as to how to correct since it doesn't appear patch related. Suggestions? Thanks in advance for all the assistance.
    By the way, did a search in the Palm app catelog for a pdfviewer app but didn't have any luck there either.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by regoettle View Post
    Ran the emergengy file verification patch. It failed giveing me a laundry list of stock files that had been modified all starting with: "File: /usr/palm/application/com/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/...." (included images, resources, and views among a few others). I do remember having to modify this in 1.3.1, if I remember correctly using the extract pdfviewer, I believe to enable landscape viewing. However it was no longer needed in 1.4 as landscape became part of the OS. Am I remembering incorrectly? In any even, I assummed with the 1.4 upgrade the original change would have been overwritten by the updated OS. Apparently not. Obviously this pdfviewer is my problem child but I am clueless as to how to correct since it doesn't appear patch related. Suggestions? Thanks in advance for all the assistance.
    By the way, did a search in the Palm app catelog for a pdfviewer app but didn't have any luck there either.
    Not sure if webOS Repair Utility will fix your problem, but you can give it a try.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    You can run Jason's Repair utility.
    Thank you for saving me from myself because I was going to doctor my phone today. Never used Jason's repair utility before and totally forgot it was out there. It did the trick and I now I have this patch installed. Sweet!
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    regoettle -- based on what you've been posting I think you had the same issue as I did with the PDFViewer being the cause of the patch failing to install. At mamouton's suggestion I ran Jason's Repair Utility, which found that a number of the files related to PDFViewer were missing! I used Jason's Repair Utility (RMB linked to it in the post above this one) to restore the files, and then installation of Sconix' patch went off without a hitch. One note -- Jason's Repair Utility requires the WebOS Doctor file in order to compare and fix any problems with your phone. If you don't have it it will prompt you to download it, however it downloaded an old version for me (1.4.2). I had to manually download the WebOS Doctor 1.4.5 in order to get the repair utility to work. Good luck!
    @ sconix -----
    did you ever look into that email animated pop up message patch at all ? if not its kool im just checking . lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  9.    #809  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    @ sconix -----
    did you ever look into that email animated pop up message patch at all ? if not its kool im just checking . lol
    First time I hear about anything like this... and it still does not say anything to me
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by cirle78 View Post
    I tested the change of icones and polices, it too small for me, but impossible to go back the grid normally 3x3

i am oblig to unstall to go back to grid 3x3.

How I has to make ?
    grid size small icons large gives you 3*3
    what ?? you forgot about it again lol ha ha .....
    remember i asked if you could see if you could get this to work for me with the delete from notification patch ? i know your busy so its not a big deal . just thought i would ask is all thanks .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    i have tried EPR Emergency file Verification and the repair utility and still cannot get rid of the dreaded PDFViewer any other ideas please
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjtaylor View Post
    i have tried EPR Emergency file Verification and the repair utility and still cannot get rid of the dreaded PDFViewer any other ideas please

Try running Jason's Repair Utility (also known as WebOS Repair Utility) -- it will let you replace the modified (or in my case missing) PDFViewer files with the stock files. I was finally able to install the patch after restoring the stock PDFViewer files.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Just got 1.4.5 installed on my verizon pixiplus, & just wanna say this updated patch is freaking amazing!!! I didn't think it could get any better than it was, but now virtually everything can be controlled with this one patch.
    Only things i can think of suggesting to improve it are being able to hide arrows and fades and possibly change the appearance of the launcher background, i.e. glass effect, etc...

ROCK ON SCONIX
    If you reread some of the thread from the weekend you will see that you can do most of that allready.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhat1 View Post
    Try running Jason's Repair Utility (also known as WebOS Repair Utility) -- it will let you replace the modified (or in my case missing) PDFViewer files with the stock files. I was finally able to install the patch after restoring the stock PDFViewer files.
    I may be doing something wrong maybe you can help, but when i click on tools restore specific file and I type in PDFViewer or pdfviwer into the window i get the following
    ==============================
    Extracting file from ROM: /pdfviewer
    --file not found in WebOSDoctor
    any ideas
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rjtaylor View Post
    I may be doing something wrong maybe you can help, but when i click on tools restore specific file and I type in PDFViewer or pdfviwer into the window i get the following
    Extracting file from ROM: /pdfviewer
    --file not found in WebOSDoctor
    any ideas
    I wouldn't worry about trying to replace specific files -- just let it run and check all your files -- I didn't count, but I think there were at least 50 files related to PDFViewer that ended up being replaced.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    yeah tried that four times no luck could be the sprint version of doctor going to bed now thanks for the help
  19.    #819  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    what ?? you forgot about it again lol ha ha .....
    remember i asked if you could see if you could get this to work for me with the delete from notification patch ? i know your busy so its not a big deal . just thought i would ask is all thanks .
    Sorry so much in my head that can't remember all But yes I am currently working on my next patch for which I can look into that. No timetable yet when I will release.
  20.    #820  
    Quote Originally Posted by mhous33 View Post
    Just got 1.4.5 installed on my verizon pixiplus, & just wanna say this updated patch is freaking amazing!!! I didn't think it could get any better than it was, but now virtually everything can be controlled with this one patch.
    Only things i can think of suggesting to improve it are being able to hide arrows and fades and possibly change the appearance of the launcher background, i.e. glass effect, etc...

ROCK ON SCONIX
    It already can, just select no page indicators and install glass effect patch (yes its compatible) .