Page 40 of 72 FirstFirst ... 30353637383940414243444550 ... LastLast
    No worries... you're still the man!
    I really like this patch but I wish the spacing of the icons was a little tighter, specifically in the vertical spacing. I'm a big fan of 4x4 v3 spacing. Would there be any way to implement this? Sorry to nitpick :P
    Quote Originally Posted by liight View Post
    I really like this patch but I wish the spacing of the icons was a little tighter, specifically in the vertical spacing. I'm a big fan of 4x4 v3 spacing. Would there be any way to implement this? Sorry to nitpick :P
    If you use medium icons, medium grid, and a page header, it is VERY close to the 4x4 v3 spacing. There is only a noticeable difference if you do not use a page header. Check out the screen shots in the 1st post at the top of this page.
    I've gone back to a theme, just to add the black launcher background. I'd insal one that changes icons, but they only change stock icons, right? An idea for way down the line: add "change icon" to the gesture/opt app pop up menu, which would give us the ability to choose a picture from our device to use as that apps icon. SOmething similar to jasons "set avatar in messenger" patch. With the ability to use png, so that dead space isn't visible as white or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I've gone back to a theme, just to add the black launcher background. I'd insal one that changes icons, but they only change stock icons, right? An idea for way down the line: add "change icon" to the gesture/opt app pop up menu, which would give us the ability to choose a picture from our device to use as that apps icon. SOmething similar to jasons "set avatar in messenger" patch. With the ability to use png, so that dead space isn't visible as white or something.
    What do you mean by "black launcher background"? I have black wallpaper as the main screen and use the Glass Effect patch for the launcher (the Transparent Launcher patch will work, too, of course), so no theme is needed. If that's what you're looking for, I can post the wallpaper.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Is it possible to have icons rotate/reposition when the device is in landscape mode?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    What do you mean by "black launcher background"? I have black wallpaper as the main screen and use the Glass Effect patch for the launcher (the Transparent Launcher patch will work, too, of course), so no theme is needed. If that's what you're looking for, I can post the wallpaper.
    there are a few themes just to make your launcher background black. That's what I waslooking to do with a scrim, but I just did it with a theme instead.

as far as card view background, I use the app "wallpaper switcharoo" that auto changes my background. I have it set to hange every half hour.

Last edited by patricksmangan; 08/31/2010 at 11:53 AM.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MudShark22
    I am one of those who DOES NOT hide the QL; so when you get around to it; that would just be additional awesomeness!
    Good to know then I at least put it in the middle on my todo list
    Right now, with the QL showing, I get a total of 5 x 4 so I am a happy camper!!
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Have you run EPR yet? I dont know how many patches you have installed, but I have 50+ and I can EPR in less than 20 mins.

Sometimes its just easier to start over.

Go to PreWare and on the main page just start typing emergengy then hit the enter key and look for emergency patch recovery, Install that and reboot it will remove every patch. Now you can reinstall the ones you want. I would start w/ this patch.
    +1

This patch is so comprehensive it made sense to me to just start over, install the Advanced Config for Launcher patch first, then install other patches as needed. I was running ~90 patches before; now I'm down to 75. Admittedly the reduction includes some other patch replacements such as System Menu Mods in place of others, but by and large the Advanced Config patch makes a lot of others obsolete. It was also a good opportunity to go back through the list of patches and see which ones I really wanted/needed. I found that I'd installed several on a whim, and wasn't really using them. It did take a bit of time (3-4 hours over a few days), but it was completely worth the effort.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    If you use medium icons, medium grid, and a page header, it is VERY close to the 4x4 v3 spacing. There is only a noticeable difference if you do not use a page header. Check out the screen shots in the 1st post at the top of this page.
    If you run with icon titles off, Medium grid/Large Icons also looks very close to the combination of 4x4 v3 plus Hide Icon Titles patches.

One thing that might be useful for Sconix to consider in a future release is to allow the users to tweak the grid sizes. Maybe two sliders or selection boxes that allow you to change the horizontal and vertical dimensions by, say +/- 5 pixels. That way, Sconix wouldn't have to try to accomodate all of the possible launcher configurations for icon spacing (hidden/shown Page Headers, QL Bar, Icon Titles, etc.) He can just provide the basic framework in the form of the existing Small/Medium/Large grid spacing and icon sizes, and let the users adjust the padding from there. Don't know if such a thing can be done, but it seems like it ought to be possible, based on the on-the-fly manner in which you can change icon size and grid spacing now...
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by garavin View Post
    +1

This patch is so comprehensive it made sense to me to just start over, install the Advanced Config for Launcher patch first, then install other patches as needed. I was running ~90 patches before; now I'm down to 75. Admittedly the reduction includes some other patch replacements such as System Menu Mods in place of others, but by and large the Advanced Config patch makes a lot of others obsolete. It was also a good opportunity to go back through the list of patches and see which ones I really wanted/needed. I found that I'd installed several on a whim, and wasn't really using them. It did take a bit of time (3-4 hours over a few days), but it was completely worth the effort.
    I don't think it makes other patches obsolete as much as it just incorporates past patches.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Because when Mode Switcher was still new. A female name was the developer, but it was later changed to Sconix. So i assumed Sconix was a girl. But i could be wrong too. It doesnt matter anyway.
    I believe Sconix's given name is Janne Julkunen. He's Finnish. Pronounce the "J" like a "Y". I think Janne is the Finnish equivalent to the English name "John".

But if you think about the name John and its female counterpart Joan, plus all the other offshoots (Jean/Jeanne, Jane, Jan [English pronounciation], etc), you'll see that the male and female constructions are quite similar and can lead to confusion across languages.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    I did the same thing , just started over from scratch
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dentz View Post
    Is it possible to have icons rotate/reposition when the device is in landscape mode?
    Individual screen elements can be rotated using CSS transforms, but I don't know if you could tie the transforms to input from the accelerometer. It'd be a neat trick though.

That being said, the camera icons (flash, video/camera, photo roll link) rotate dynamically when you change the camera's orientation, so maybe it's not too hard to implement such a thing on the launcher pages...
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion! I am using it now and I like it. However, I've noticed that after a few flicks of the launcher or Luna restart some of the icons change position...?
    I tested the change of icones and polices, it too small for me, but impossible to go back the grid normally 3x3

i am oblig to unstall to go back to grid 3x3.

How I has to make ?
  17.    #797  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    Not sure what you mean by stock icons, but my patch at least don't change the icons so if theme changes the icons they are shown in launcher as they should.

The change icon is not bad idea, but currently it would require too much code or at least I think so, might look into this at some point when I have free time though.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  18.    #798  
    Quote Originally Posted by dentz View Post
    It would be, but the current launcher code is maybe not meant for this and this would require too much work, but I will definitely look into this at some point.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  19.    #799  
    Quote Originally Posted by garavin View Post
    If you run with icon titles off, Medium grid/Large Icons also looks very close to the combination of 4x4 v3 plus Hide Icon Titles patches.

One thing that might be useful for Sconix to consider in a future release is to allow the users to tweak the grid sizes. Maybe two sliders or selection boxes that allow you to change the horizontal and vertical dimensions by, say +/- 5 pixels. That way, Sconix wouldn't have to try to accomodate all of the possible launcher configurations for icon spacing (hidden/shown Page Headers, QL Bar, Icon Titles, etc.) He can just provide the basic framework in the form of the existing Small/Medium/Large grid spacing and icon sizes, and let the users adjust the padding from there. Don't know if such a thing can be done, but it seems like it ought to be possible, based on the on-the-fly manner in which you can change icon size and grid spacing now...
    The problem with slider is that there is a bit too many elements in the play. The title width, title font size, the icon width and height. And they are not easily scalable (linear) between each other. So implementing a slider that works well is not an easy process. I am even surprised that currently the placing plays quite nicely without separate layout for every combination. But I must say I am not sure about the slider thing and I think I will at least quickly try it how it would scale. Since it is true that if it would work it would be perfect..
  20.    #800  
    Quote Originally Posted by liight View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion! I am using it now and I like it. However, I've noticed that after a few flicks of the launcher or Luna restart some of the icons change position...?
    I am not sure why it seems that not always the icon places are not saved, but when they do they stick to their places. At least for me this has now happened once that two icons was miss placed after luna start, but when I moved them back and did luna restart they stayed on their places and have stayed there since. So maybe some bug in Palm code (maybe the reason why add/delete pages was not enabled. At least the patch does not change the storing of icon order it is still done by the original Palm code. If I find the bug that is causing this from the Palm code I will fix it.
    Last edited by sconix; 08/31/2010 at 02:36 PM.