Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cdonehew View Post
    Yes, you are limited to 10 launcher pages. I think I remember reading on the add/delete pages thread that someone edited the patch to allow more than 10 pages, but I don't remember if it worked or not...
    Thanks. Drat!!!
    metus delenda est

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, it's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop when you reach the bottom." -- Jumpmaster, Ft. Benning, 1965
    Quote Originally Posted by atalbert View Post
    Thanks. Drat!!!
    yep, thx, beat me to it, I wish we could add more pages too, I wonder if that could be changed in the future..
    Quote Originally Posted by onehottotty View Post
    I am having an issue with this patch. I try to edit the launcher, the edit page (with add/delete, rename etc) opens and there is a white box menu with the pages listed. I can't actually use the editor because of the page menu. If I click outside of the page menu box, the whole launcher closes and I am left with just my wallpaper. What on earth am I doing wrong here? I had the glass effect patch installed but removed it, thinking that was why my editor kept disappearing, but that didn't help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    do you still have any other launcher patches currently installed? If so, just remove them and try again. If you don't, and you are just dealing with the editor closing when trying to edit, you can't click twice in the box, after entering edit mode, click the tab to edit, if you need to put the cursor somewhere specific, you can, just can't click more than once in edit mode.. That's what I have experienced.

sj
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    do you still have any other launcher patches currently installed? If so, just remove them and try again. If you don't, and you are just dealing with the editor closing when trying to edit, you can't click twice in the box, after entering edit mode, click the tab to edit, if you need to put the cursor somewhere specific, you can, just can't click more than once in edit mode.. That's what I have experienced.

sj
    It was my theme interfering with the edit mode. I thought I was going nuts. Thanks for your suggestions though, I appreciate it!
    Quote Originally Posted by onehottotty View Post
    It was my theme interfering with the edit mode. I thought I was going nuts. Thanks for your suggestions though, I appreciate it!
    you're welcome, I try to let ppl know what I have ran into. I try and run as much testing as possible.

glad you fixed it
    sj
    OK folks, for the life of me, I can't find the link to download this patch. it does not apper in the first posting of this thread. there was mention of this now being in preware, but that linked did not work and nobody mentioned the name of it in preware. Can somebody educate me?
    Try reading this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ice-menus.html

But you should be able to find it in Preware (Hint: the name of the patch is the title of this thread)
    Last edited by NachoB; 07/20/2010 at 10:55 AM.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    It is in Preware with the same patch name.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    much appreciated.... !!!!
    Just a heads up. There are TWO versions of this patch - one by sconix and the new one by Janne Julkunen. The new one fixed the 'hide quicklaunch' bug. Loving the patch improvements and new kernels atm.
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    thanks for the update!!

sj
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    is there an expected timeline for getting a 1.4.5 version up in preware?
    or is there a version i can download and install via WEBOSQI?
    Quote Originally Posted by rivum View Post

pretty sure it's already ready.. Not possitive though..
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I don't see a mention that v1.4.1-24 is in Preware.

What's the update?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Originally Posted by rivum

pretty sure it's already ready.. Not possitive though..
    yes, it's in preware now.
    thanks!
    Last edited by rivum; 07/26/2010 at 07:45 AM. Reason: add quote
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Cannot remove or Update this patch through Preware at all. It says Error Removing, then the IPKG Log comes up. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr View Post
    Just a heads up. There are TWO versions of this patch - one by sconix and the new one by Janne Julkunen.
    That's the same person.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by Trax22 View Post
    Cannot remove or Update this patch through Preware at all. It says Error Removing, then the IPKG Log comes up. Any ideas?
    I kept getting that error and finally narrowed it down for my Pre that I needed to uninstall the battery as percent icon and then I could uninstall the patch. I updated and then reinstalled the battery as percent icon
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Moving launcher icons with the gesture tap and move button is great
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    That's the same person.

-- Rod
    Thanks Rod. I'm sure he'll figure it out and hopefully delete the obsolete one.
Page 4 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567891454 ... LastLast