Page 38 of 72 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 760 of 1431
  1. regoettle's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #741  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Try installing the pdf patches then remove them, it looks like you had one at one time and it did not remove cleanly.
    tried to install enable landscape PDF viewer, hide header, pdf redux and prevent removal. Install failed on all 4. This appears to relate to the extract pdf viewer app from version 1.3.1. I removed all patches when I install 1.4.1. so I assume it should have been deleted. Plus I had installed the earlier version (1.4.5-24) advanced configuration for app launcher without any issue. Love the patch and don't want to go back to the individual patches but I'm running out of things to try. Thanks for the assistance.
  2. #742  
    Have you run EPR yet? I dont know how many patches you have installed, but I have 50+ and I can EPR in less than 20 mins.

    Sometimes its just easier to start over.

    Go to PreWare and on the main page just start typing emergengy then hit the enter key and look for emergency patch recovery, Install that and reboot it will remove every patch. Now you can reinstall the ones you want. I would start w/ this patch.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  3. ThePhat1's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #743  
    I've been having the same issue as regoettle with the pdf viewer preventing installation of the advanced configuration for app launcher patch. Here's the part of the log where installation fails:

    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/appinfo.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/appinfo.json

    I've run EPR a couple times now and it's wiped my Pre of all patches, still can't install. My guess is that it's an issue with the pdfviewer app itself -- perhaps it was modified by the enable landscape pdf viewer patch I previously had installed? Does anyone know if I can reinstall the pdf viewer app by itself? Otherwise it may be time to utilize the WebOS Doctor and see if that does the trick.
  4. #744  
    do you have the prevent pdfviewer removal patch installed? if you uninstall that one.
  5. ThePhat1's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    #745  
    Unfortunately that's not it for me -- I never had the prevent PDFviewer removal patch installed and I've run EPR a couple of times to wipe everything else I did have.
  6. #746  
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePhat1 View Post
    I've been having the same issue as regoettle with the pdf viewer preventing installation of the advanced configuration for app launcher patch. Here's the part of the log where installation fails:

    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    The text leading up to this was:
    --------------------------
    |--- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/appinfo.json
    |+++ /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/appinfo.json

    I've run EPR a couple times now and it's wiped my Pre of all patches, still can't install. My guess is that it's an issue with the pdfviewer app itself -- perhaps it was modified by the enable landscape pdf viewer patch I previously had installed? Does anyone know if I can reinstall the pdf viewer app by itself? Otherwise it may be time to utilize the WebOS Doctor and see if that does the trick.
    You can run Jason's Repair utility.
  7.    #747  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    hi sconix, any movements on the multiple-word-app-rename issue from an earlier post yet? thx.

    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2631476
    This is fixed in -52. It now searches also from separate words from the renamed name. And is working at least for me.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  8. #748  
    i am this :
    Code:
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postins 2>&1
    
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.rej
    i dont know solution...
  9. #749  
    Can someone tell me if the latest version does 5x6 icons with app launcher hidden? For now I'm running 1.4.5-45 so that I can still use 5x5 V1 icons patch to get 5x6 icons.

    Attached Images Attached Images
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

    HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
  10. #750  
    with grid size large and icons size small this is what I get.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  11. #751  
    nope this is the best it does .. Well I would post a pic but I can't because I'm on my pre and it won't let me lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  12. #752  
    5x5 is the smallest I can get
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  13. #753  
    I think at this point we can agree that this patch is hazardous to your phone! I have had nothing but problems since trying to update to the latest version. Now, my theme won't show up and downloading the update for this patch completely uninstalled itself, but kept the fourth launcher page that I added. I am very annoyed that many people here have had problems, but the same response keeps floating around: "Do an EPR and run WebOS repair utility." Sorry, but that is not working. There is something wrong with the patch and nobody should be downloading it until all of the bugs are removed unless you don't mind Doctoring.
    Don't get me wrong, I liked the patch when it was installed and running properly. Why can't we get Palm to implement this into the dag gone OS? Why are they not using the patches that all of the developers have worked so hard to create? This just doesn't make any sense. How could Palm be so lazy and not want to improve WebOS before it takes a nose dive and everyone starts abandoning it, which actually is beginning to happen.
    Back to this patch, please help!
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
  14. #754  
    the problem is that you need to unpatch some syuff in order to update like maybe remove some unhide patches or the hide patches or even the pfv viewer patches , before you update. I had the same trouble myself. Running the repair utility with override compatability checked off will fix whatever your issue is.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  15. #755  
    post your error messages and we'll be glad to help you man .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  16. #756  
    I've already posted my error on another post in this thread and since I can't paste a link and have it actually work when clicked on, so add http:// to the beginning of this link ---> forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/250047-advanced-configuration-app-launcher-19.html#post2634260 Also, when I first installed this patch a couple weeks ago, I had all my patches installed and this patch installed and worked fine. I haven't installed any more patches since then and simply tried to install the update and that's when everything went to the crapping post. I've already tried doing EPR first and no luck. I also lost control of my theme, so my Pre is going to need another fricking Doctor!! Dag flabbit. Dog gone. Shank a doodle do.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
  17.    #757  
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    I think at this point we can agree that this patch is hazardous to your phone! I have had nothing but problems since trying to update to the latest version. Now, my theme won't show up and downloading the update for this patch completely uninstalled itself, but kept the fourth launcher page that I added. I am very annoyed that many people here have had problems, but the same response keeps floating around: "Do an EPR and run WebOS repair utility." Sorry, but that is not working. There is something wrong with the patch and nobody should be downloading it until all of the bugs are removed unless you don't mind Doctoring.
    Don't get me wrong, I liked the patch when it was installed and running properly. Why can't we get Palm to implement this into the dag gone OS? Why are they not using the patches that all of the developers have worked so hard to create? This just doesn't make any sense. How could Palm be so lazy and not want to improve WebOS before it takes a nose dive and everyone starts abandoning it, which actually is beginning to happen.
    Back to this patch, please help!
    All the patches are build the same way. So there is nothing wrong with the patch. When you have many patches they conflict with each other very easily. Thats the main reason why this patch combines many patches into one. Since instead of having 15 patches you need 1. So much smaller risk of getting conflict. But the problem comes when you are changing from the smaller patches into this one. Since those many small ones may have already messed up your system. But for this EPR exists and running EPR + installing patches back is a painless process. As long as you haven't mess with your phone by self or by installing themes (i.e. all patches are AUPT compatible like this patch is). Themes are not as safe to install as patches.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  18.    #758  
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    I've already posted my error on another post in this thread. http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2634260 Also, when I first installed this patch a couple weeks ago, I had all my patches installed and this patch installed and worked fine. I haven't installed any more patches since then and simply tried to install the update and that's when everything went to the crapping post. I've already tried doing EPR first and no luck. I also lost control of my theme, so my Pre is going to need another fricking Doctor!! Dag flabbit. Dog gone. Shank a doodle do.
    Themes are the problem. They brake the system very easily since they are not AUPT compatible.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  19. #759  
    you don't need to doctor. Allways try the repair utility first . It doesn't erase any apps and only erases patches and fixes any issues. Like with themes.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  20.    #760  
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    I've already posted my error on another post in this thread and since I can't paste a link and have it actually work when clicked on, so add http:// to the beginning of this link ---> forums.precentral.net/webos-patches/250047-advanced-configuration-app-launcher-19.html#post2634260 Also, when I first installed this patch a couple weeks ago, I had all my patches installed and this patch installed and worked fine. I haven't installed any more patches since then and simply tried to install the update and that's when everything went to the crapping post. I've already tried doing EPR first and no luck. I also lost control of my theme, so my Pre is going to need another fricking Doctor!! Dag flabbit. Dog gone. Shank a doodle do.
    Now when I have corrected your false accusations I can try to actually help you Doctoring is almost never needed. You can uninstall all patches / themes that uninstall and then use recovery tool to replace the files that still complains failed hashes (these are the files that either you or theme has altered). Then you can install patches back easily by using Preware's installed list. Normally EPR + installing all back using Preware's installed list is the easy fix to all problems, but with none AUPT stuff like themes this does not always work.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.

Posting Permissions