Page 37 of 72 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
    not too important, but could a fourth quicklaunch bar option be added? to show in launcher, but not in card view?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    this is a really good app,but has a bug:when you move the apps to the pages you want them on,then restart your phone,they all go right back to where they were!!!

oh yeh also the no.of pages reverts to 3 after ne type of resart/battery swap or what have you!the app worked fine before you added all this other stuff,but don't get me wrong,its a great app,i just wish it kept everything the way I make it,after a battery swap/restart????
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    after you ran the EPR, you received the same error?

sj
    Here is the error that Preware gives me:

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    100 28524 100 28524 0 0 32678 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 45784
    100 28524 100 28524 0 0 32661 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 45784
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":2, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":2 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 21 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    ok, I cant figure this out. It still won't install. Someone help me out please.
    i have NOTHING that conflicts with the launcher and it still wont install
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    do you have ur data turned on,cause when I had mine off,or it said 1x,it wouldn't load for me either!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pup16001 View Post
    do you have ur data turned on,cause when I had mine off,or it said 1x,it wouldn't load for me either!
    data is on..
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oakridge outdoors View Post
    I have the faster animations cards (Faster Card Animations No Glow) patch installed. Doesn't conflict.

You can keep it.
    I uninstalled Faster Card Animations, Installed Advanced Config, then reinstalled Faster Card and all is well now.

Not sure what was causing the hang up, but after uninstalling just that patch it worked.
    background color and transparamcy controls would be cool

and the ability to hide browser pages you put in the launcher
    Last edited by patricksmangan; 08/30/2010 at 02:53 PM.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    ok, I cant figure this out. It still won't install. Someone help me out please.
    i have NOTHING that conflicts with the launcher and it still wont install
    I had the same problem. get ready for a step by step

1) go into Preware and open the saved package list menu, then update saved package list.
    2) run EPR, reset your phone
    3) Install the applauncher patch
    4) go back into the saved package list(in preware) and install all apps (***DO NOT UPDATE LIST***)
    Last edited by fizymike; 08/30/2010 at 02:53 PM. Reason: forgot the quote
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Go back to version 1.4.5-45 and install 5x5 v1 patch.
    Would rather keep the most uptodate version fo Advanced Configuration. Just did a little reassessment of which apps I need to have immediately visible on my main page.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    another suggestion, which looks very clean, is not using the icon titles (there is a little much space vertically). i'm using those settings, have the tabs displayed at the top and have 6 rows of 5 icons visible; acutally improved over the 5x5 v1 patch....if no titles are OK.
    I actually did try that but discovered pretty quick that I really missed the icon titles.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pjjohn73 View Post
    Are these instructions to "unhide" an app that was hidden using the patch? If so, I don't see how as this is for the apps that opens for certain file ext.
    To unhide... open the launcher preferences -> List All Applications
    In there you'll see the apps that you have hidden (lighter color font) and you can click on them and choose 'show'.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizymike View Post
    I had the same problem. get ready for a step by step

1) go into Preware and open the saved package list menu, then update saved package list.
    2) run EPR, reset your phone
    3) Install the applauncher patch
    4) go back into the saved package list(in preware) and install all apps (***DO NOT UPDATE LIST***)
    I guess i could try this, but would it be the same issue every update, or if another patch updates and creates a conflict, would it stop working then? I guess it's worth a shot. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pup16001 View Post
    this is a really good app,but has a bug:when you move the apps to the pages you want them on,then restart your phone,they all go right back to where they were!!!

oh yeh also the no.of pages reverts to 3 after ne type of resart/battery swap or what have you!the app worked fine before you added all this other stuff,but don't get me wrong,its a great app,i just wish it kept everything the way I make it,after a battery swap/restart????
    That's an issue with your device not saving preferences properly, or perhaps you are doing an unclean shutdown of the device. It's not an issue with this patch (which is working perfectly for many people).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    figured it out...gesture tap patch was still installed :slaps forehead:, thanks anyways guys

Is there a way to add 4x4 or 5x4 with this patch? if not then i don't think this patch is worth it...

EDIT: nevermind...figured it out with gridspacing..awesome patch. thanks
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    figured it out...gesture tap patch was still installed :slaps forehead:, thanks anyways guys

Is there a way to add 4x4 or 5x4 with this patch? if not then i don't think this patch is worth it...
    It's in the preferences. Also...

Quote Originally Posted by webosinternals
    See http://forums.precentral.net/2630980-post247.html for the mapping of old launcher NxN patches to the new configurable launcher patch ...
    I guess i could try this, but would it be the same issue every update, or if another patch updates and creates a conflict, would it stop working then? I guess it's worth a shot. Thanks
    once you get the current version installed, you should not run into conflicts with updates. you should remove all patches if you still can't figure out which is causing the conflict..
    the reason why you will most likely not have any conflicts in the future is cause since this patch pretty much does anything you need for your launcher, there is no need to reinstall anything that will conflict.

also, remember, some of the top bar patches will conflict.. just remove all of your patches and you should be able to install advanced config for app launcher..
    sj
  18.    #738  
    hmm :-/ i REALLY like the faster animation cards patch...decisions decisions..
    Faster animations patch should not conflict with this patch if thats what you mean. It edits completely different file than my patch.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    what pdf viewer patches did you have ??
    to the best of my knowledge, none. I have 34 patches installed and none relate to pdf as far as I can tell. The error appears to relate to the 1.3.1 - 1.3.5 extract PDF viewer app patch that I had installed in 1.3.1. However it was my understanding it should have been removed (I removed all patches) when I did the 1.4.1 upgrade. Plus, I had installed the prior advanced configuration for app launcher (version 1.4.5-24) with no problems. I'm at a loss as to why the upgraded version isn't installing. Should I remove all patches? Thanks for the help.