Page 36 of 72 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
    ahh, ok. Let me try removing 4x4 and see if it works. I have already removed unhide devmode.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    this is a really good app,but has a bug:when you move the apps to the pages you want them on,then restart your phone,they all go right back to where they were!!!

oh yeh also the no.of pages reverts to 3 after ne type of resart/battery swap or what have you!the app worked fine before you added all this other stuff,but don't get me wrong,its a great app,i just wish it kept everything the way I make it,after a battery swap/restart????
    Last edited by Pup16001; 08/30/2010 at 01:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    While I was able to resize the icons, I was not able to get 4x4 or 5x5 etc; so I uninstalled....Did I miss the menu selection where I could get 5x4 back?
    Found it.
    It was not intuitive to me...I had anticipated seeing choices for 4x4, 5x5 etc rather than small medium and large.

However, that being said its an awesome patch!! Good stuff!
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    I'm getting install errors also. I removed several patches including this one.

When trying to reinstall I got:
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 28524 100 28524 0 0 60496 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 130k
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 21 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  5.    #705  
    While I was able to resize the icons, I was not able to get 4x4 or 5x5 etc; so I uninstalled....Did I miss the menu selection where I could get 5x4 back?
    I chose the small/medium/larger since the actual grid size (4x4 etc...) changes depending if you have header and / or quick launch visible. The current version will modify the spacing so that whole rows are visible for both no header and header. When I get back to this patch I will also add a separate spacing if QL is shown since currently with that you wont get whole rows. But I guess many people hide QL in launcher so this is not high in my todo list.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  6.    #706  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pup16001 View Post
    this is a really good app,but has a bug:when you move the apps to the pages you want them on,then restart your phone,they all go right back to where they were!!!
    This patch wont edit the part that saves the app location. It is still done by the original code. I have only seen this when the database has been damaged by forced powering off etc.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  7.    #707  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I'm getting install errors also. I removed several patches including this one.

When trying to reinstall I got:
    Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 28524 100 28524 0 0 60496 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 130k
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 21 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Most likely you have 4x4/5x5/etc. patch installed?
    don't ferget to send a donation over sconix's way!!!

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted

sj
    I'm having the same problem as you guys. I did an update and the app is gone and now my theme is not being recognized either! This sucks. I tried EPR, WedOS repair utility and no luck. I can't believe I may have to Dr. again. Does anyone have an answer? All I see is the same question from a lot of people but no responses. HELP!
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    I'm having the same problem as you guys. I did an update and the app is gone and now my theme is not being recognized either! This sucks. I tried EPR, WedOS repair utility and no luck. I can't believe I may have to Dr. again. Does anyone have an answer? All I see is the same question from a lot of people but no responses. HELP!
    after you ran the EPR, you received the same error?

sj
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    having the same issue and removed the 4x4 patch and all other possibly conflicting patches. Does anyone think it's the faster card animations that's conflicting?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    same issues mentioned above. Cannot install this after the update, and my theme isn't working.

Just tried Repair Utility and no luck. On to EPR, hopefully that helps
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    having the same issue and removed the 4x4 patch and all other possibly conflicting patches. Does anyone think it's the faster card animations that's conflicting?
    I just tried removing this patch this after uninstalling all other patches that could have touched the launcher and after running the repair utility...and it worked!

give that a try and let me know if it works for you as well
    When I get back to this patch I will also add a separate spacing if QL is shown since currently with that you wont get whole rows. But I guess many people hide QL in launcher so this is not high in my todo list.
    I am one of those who DOES NOT hide the QL; so when you get around to it; that would just be additional awesomeness!
  15.    #715  
    I am one of those who DOES NOT hide the QL; so when you get around to it; that would just be additional awesomeness!
    Good to know then I at least put it in the middle on my todo list
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Sorry, I missed that 4x4 etc. is now included.

I think that this patch is sufficiently advanced and polished that Palm should include the whole thing in the next webOS release.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    launcher open, drop down menu/default applications/
    Are these instructions to "unhide" an app that was hidden using the patch? If so, I don't see how as this is for the apps that opens for certain file ext.
    Quote Originally Posted by lswartz33 View Post
    I just tried removing this patch this after uninstalling all other patches that could have touched the launcher and after running the repair utility...and it worked!

give that a try and let me know if it works for you as well
    hmm :-/ i REALLY like the faster animation cards patch...decisions decisions..
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    I don't think so,cause before it was updated to all the new stuff,it would leave my apps where I put them.not move them back to page one?????
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    hmm :-/ i REALLY like the faster animation cards patch...decisions decisions..
    I have the faster animations cards (Faster Card Animations No Glow) patch installed. Doesn't conflict.

You can keep it.

For more information on Sconix's (@therealsconix/@modeswitcher) webOS collective work... visit here.

"Those convinced against their will are of the same opinion still." - Dale Carnegie