Page 35 of 72 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 1431
  1.    #681  
    Quote Originally Posted by milliman View Post
    Where is the change log and complete feature set? You are making so many changes, I can't keep up. Also I don't want to miss anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Maybe sconix should created a new thread for this patchh so he can make a list of features in the first post
    At least wiki pages are coming etc. Just wait its a bit timely process always to get everything online
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  2.    #682  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Isnt Sconix a girl?
    Quote Originally Posted by k91191 View Post
    I'm pretty certain Sconix is male, but I've been wrong before.
    Yep 100% male
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  3. #683  
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Maybe sconix should created a new thread for this patchh so he can make a list of features in the first post
    I agree on this point.

    I liked that someone took the time out to get a thread going for this patch, but it really should be by the author so he can directly inform us on what going on and we could directly ask him questions.

    The way it is now, I'm not even sure if he read this thread, so it's hard to know if knows what we are talking about.

    No disrespect for the smart user that got this going.

    Another topic:

    I love all the new changes in the update but I have one suggestion for change.

    The gesture tap screen that comes up: I don't like the arrangement of the buttons.

    Right now it's listed as:

    1) Delete
    2) Rename
    3) Hide
    4) Move

    And the default is 1) Delete

    I would prefer it to be:

    1) Move (default)
    2) Rename
    3) Hide
    4) Delete

    I'm asking for this because 99% of the time, I am moving an app. I usually don't delete, and since rename is very new I'm not sure at this point how often I would use this.

    And because if the notification bar pops up, sometimes the 'move' button gets blocked from view.

    Does anyone else agree with making this small adjustment?

    Is it possible to make the change on my own if its not accepted as a change?

    Also, is it time again for me to request adding option in the edit mode to change the color / style of the text for the app icon names, and the text title for the pages.

    I would like to colorize the title page text and also the app name icon text.

    Thanks all!

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  4.    #684  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I agree on this point.

    I liked that someone took the time out to get a thread going for this patch, but it really should be by the author so he can directly inform us on what going on and we could directly ask him questions.

    The way it is now, I'm not even sure if he read this thread, so it's hard to know if knows what we are talking about.

    No disrespect for the smart user that got this going.

    Another topic:

    I love all the new changes in the update but I have one suggestion for change.

    The gesture tap screen that comes up: I don't like the arrangement of the buttons.

    Right now it's listed as:

    1) Delete
    2) Rename
    3) Hide
    4) Move

    And the default is 1) Delete

    I would prefer it to be:

    1) Move (default)
    2) Rename
    3) Hide
    4) Delete

    I'm asking for this because 99% of the time, I am moving an app. I usually don't delete, and since rename is very new I'm not sure at this point how often I would use this.

    And because if the notification bar pops up, sometimes the 'move' button gets blocked from view.

    Does anyone else agree with making this small adjustment?

    Is it possible to make the change on my own if its not accepted as a change?

    Also, is it time again for me to request adding option in the edit mode to change the color / style of the text for the app icon names, and the text title for the pages.

    I would like to colorize the title page text and also the app name icon text.

    Thanks all!

    Rob
    I guess the order of the buttons is quite personal preference. For me the easiest to press is always the lowest button. Don't know if my thumb is just shorter than it should You could always edit the scene html file to change the order, but then it needs to be edited back when you want to uninstall the patch.

    For the colors I wont add any color options to the patch since they belong to themes or separate "theming" patches (IMHO).
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  5. #685  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I guess the order of the buttons is quite personal preference. For me the easiest to press is always the lowest button. Don't know if my thumb is just shorter than it should You could always edit the scene html file to change the order, but then it needs to be edited back when you want to uninstall the patch.

    For the colors I wont add any color options to the patch since they belong to themes or separate "theming" patches (IMHO).
    Well I guess I will always disagree in a friendly way about the color thing.

    But the button stuff, as I said if a notification pops up, the move button is blocked off from the screen.

    How about just making the move button the default (it's highlighted in orange) which would make it easy to see. The very first time I launched the new version I couldn't find the move button because of the notification pop up issue, but it it were highlighted as the default is, my eyes would have looked down and noticed it.

    Maybe there is a way to allow us in preferences to make the ordered changed so that I don't have to modify html code? Just give the order in which they are listed a preference, maybe with the user just able to to tap and drag the button to spot they want it in. Also maybe allowing for the choice of which buttons they want on the gesture tap. Maybe some users will never use the hide button, so in preferences with this tap and move function to order the buttons we can also do a swipe to get rid of the buttons we don't want to see in the list.

    And then there can always be a 'reset' option in preferences to bring back the defaults.

    Is that a possibility?

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  6. #686  
    This patch is getting better and better.
    With each new release, I can delete all the other patches one after the other.

    Great work, thank you sconix!
  7.    #687  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Well I guess I will always disagree in a friendly way about the color thing.

    But the button stuff, as I said if a notification pops up, the move button is blocked off from the screen.

    How about just making the move button the default (it's highlighted in orange) which would make it easy to see. The very first time I launched the new version I couldn't find the move button because of the notification pop up issue, but it it were highlighted as the default is, my eyes would have looked down and noticed it.

    Maybe there is a way to allow us in preferences to make the ordered changed so that I don't have to modify html code? Just give the order in which they are listed a preference, maybe with the user just able to to tap and drag the button to spot they want it in. Also maybe allowing for the choice of which buttons they want on the gesture tap. Maybe some users will never use the hide button, so in preferences with this tap and move function to order the buttons we can also do a swipe to get rid of the buttons we don't want to see in the list.

    And then there can always be a 'reset' option in preferences to bring back the defaults.

    Is that a possibility?

    Rob
    Of course you have the right to disagree . Otherwise I would gladly add color options too, but then it would be that someone wants to select color for the button text, some one for page name text etc. the list would go on and the preferences screen would get mile long. So hence I think theming related things are not configuration options or then there needs to be completely separate application etc for that. Just telling my reasoning in case it interests someone

    Well notifications blocking the button is clearly a WebOS bug and doing something just to avoid it is a bit silly if based only on that reason, but I hope that this bug will get fixed if won't then I have to evaluate this again. My reasoning to put the move button the lowest was that at least for me the most easily / fastest accessible are the one on bottom (without the bug) and the one on top. And did not want to mess the whole existing order so left delete on top.

    The adding of ordering of the buttons would be too much work for feature that is only used while setting up the phone. Of course people who use apps a lot then need the move option more often, but I hope that the put new apps option lessens the need for this. At least I already go to page where I want the apps to appear when installing them (have set the option to active page). So no moving needed...
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  8. Yull's Avatar
    Posts
    1 Posts
    #688  
    Hello

    Congratulations for this patch

    Former user LauncherX on palm, he had nice features:
    - Set the grid size and font size icons independently for each page
    - To hide certain pages

    Note
    In preference, not "icons size", but "font size"

    Cordially
  9. d.moss's Avatar
    Posts
    541 Posts
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    #689  
    any update on the possibility of adding the "lite list launcher" patch into this one?
  10.    #690  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yull View Post
    Hello

    Congratulations for this patch

    Former user LauncherX on palm, he had nice features:
    - Set the grid size and font size icons independently for each page
    - To hide certain pages

    Note
    In preference, not "icons size", but "font size"

    Cordially
    Thanks, and certainly good suggestion for future versions. For now I am happy with the options so will work on other patches for a while, but when I get back to this who knows if these will be added
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  11.    #691  
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    any update on the possibility of adding the "lite list launcher" patch into this one?
    At least I am not going to do that since I have already enough on my plate. But nothing prevent making compatible version of that patch and I hope that someone does.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  12. #692  
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    any update on the possibility of adding the "lite list launcher" patch into this one?
    +1

    I had the lite list installed before .. But I also had customized font. Had the icons on the right side instead of the left. It was too sexy.
  13. #693  
    I had installed the patch after updating to 1.4.5 and it worked perfectly. When the latest update appeared in Preware I attempted to update, I got a hunk failure now the whole thing is borked.

    Is there any way I can recover from this without having to doctor? I was thinking of trying Jason's repair tool but I have no idea what files to replace
  14. #694  
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    any update on the possibility of adding the "lite list launcher" patch into this one?
    previous versions of this patch was compatible with LLL. Y isn't it anymore? +1
  15. #695  
    Quote Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
    I had installed the patch after updating to 1.4.5 and it worked perfectly. When the latest update appeared in Preware I attempted to update, I got a hunk failure now the whole thing is borked.

    Is there any way I can recover from this without having to doctor? I was thinking of trying Jason's repair tool but I have no idea what files to replace
    Same thing happened to me, it showed an update but wouldnt update, now the patch is gone from preware and am unable to reinstall.

    Im going to try to save my package list, do an EPR and reinstall all previous patches plus this one.
  16. #696  
    Ran EPR and tried reinstalling but i still get errors. Any ideas? It worked perfectly before the update..
  17.    #697  
    Quote Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
    I had installed the patch after updating to 1.4.5 and it worked perfectly. When the latest update appeared in Preware I attempted to update, I got a hunk failure now the whole thing is borked.

    Is there any way I can recover from this without having to doctor? I was thinking of trying Jason's repair tool but I have no idea what files to replace
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Ran EPR and tried reinstalling but i still get errors. Any ideas? It worked perfectly before the update..
    If you upgraded from very old version then there is nothing wrong with your setup you just have conflicting patches. This patch gained ability to set different icon grid sizes (3x3/4x4/5x5 etc) with custom icon sizes and renaming apps etc. So many of the app launcher conflicts. There was list of conflicted patches published on this thread few posts back.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  18. #698  
    I have the Adbvanced Configuration for App Launcher v1.4.2-12 installed, but for some reason Preware does not show an update for this patch for me? Does this have anything to do with the fact that I have an AT&T Pre+ and the fact that it is not updated to 1.4.5 yet?
  19. #699  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    This patch gained ability to set different icon grid sizes (3x3/4x4/5x5 etc) with custom icon sizes and renaming apps etc.
    While I was able to resize the icons, I was not able to get 4x4 or 5x5 etc; so I uninstalled....Did I miss the menu selection where I could get 5x4 back?
  20. #700  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I have the Adbvanced Configuration for App Launcher v1.4.2-12 installed, but for some reason Preware does not show an update for this patch for me? Does this have anything to do with the fact that I have an AT&T Pre+ and the fact that it is not updated to 1.4.5 yet?
    I believe that to be the case.

Posting Permissions