Page 34 of 72 FirstFirst ... 24293031323334353637383944 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    Maybe sconix should created a new thread for this patchh so he can make a list of features in the first post
    Wikis and possibly new threads are coming.
    garfima: read a couple pages back...theres a list of conflicting patches that have to be removed
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    your pdfviewer patch needs to be uninstalled and are you sure you removed any 4x4 or 5x5 etc related patches? jasons advanced launcher patch something is still there any themes installed that affected your launcher?
    Had same error installing the 'advanced configuration for App launcher' update today related to pdfviewer. Apparently wasn't an issue with the older version.
    -1:Unabel to run command:...
    The text leading up to this was:
    ---.org/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/appinfo.json
    +++/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/appinfo.json
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored.
    Thus I get Error installing: see IPKG log.
    Have removed all other patches I've seen noted but can't find any patch installed related to pdfviewer. Don't have any of the 4 listed PDF viewer patches installed. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
    sconix I updated to the latest patch and when I search for an app doing a one letter search, my renamed apps show up fine but the other original apps that I renamed still show up. I thought it was only suppose to show renamed apps when only searching for renamed apps and not associate the original with universal search.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimfuchs View Post
    Trying to read this entire thread....whew. In Preware, I only see Version 1.4.1-31 (last updated 7/26/10) even after updating feeds. Does this version include the icon grid update? Am I not being offered 1.4.5-47, etc, because I have Verizon? Thanks.
    Thats correct its only for us w/ half the memory on our phones.

We get this great patch and you get double the memory, so no whining! J/K
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by regoettle View Post
    Had same error installing the 'advanced configuration for App launcher' update today related to pdfviewer. Apparently wasn't an issue with the older version.
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored.
    Have removed all other patches I've seen noted but can't find any patch installed related to pdfviewer. Don't have any of the 4 listed PDF viewer patches installed. Could someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
    what pdf viewer patches did you have ??
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 08/29/2010 at 09:27 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored.
    Try installing the pdf patches then remove them, it looks like you had one at one time and it did not remove cleanly.

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

File to patch:
    Skip this patch? [y]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored.
    see if you have the prevent pdfviewer removal patch installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    he's probably not gonna do it today lol he's been working hard on this patch all day !
    Isnt Sconix a girl?
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
    Pretty much...ERP all your patches. Install this patch and then reinstall all your patches via "saved packages list". The patches that fail to install are the patches you should get rid of. Easily done. That will eliminate all the questions and all the logs.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Isnt Sconix a girl?
    I'm pretty certain Sconix is male, but I've been wrong before.
    im not possitive but i think he would have told me by now since ive been refering to him as a guy . at least i would think so lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Because when Mode Switcher was still new. A female name was the developer, but it was later changed to Sconix. So i assumed Sconix was a girl. But i could be wrong too. It doesnt matter anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I just realized why is this. The fix that I did for this is in additional files that I forgot to update. And I have been telling that the patch is compatible with those. Sorry for that for people that already did some experimenting to get it to work. Its just too many things to remember when you have a bad memory So the -52 version is compatible with glass effect and transparent patches. Also the last release of this patch as it is (if no bugs are reported).
    Confirmed! The -52 version now is playing nicely with my the glass effect patch. I can change my preferences and the launcher no longer reverts to the ugly gray color but stays glass... OH YEAH! Thanks again, sconix!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Because when Mode Switcher was still new. A female name was the developer, but it was later changed to Sconix. So i assumed Sconix was a girl. But i could be wrong too. It doesnt matter anyway.
    You talking about Janne Julkunen?
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Just updated to -52 and I didn't have to remove the Glass Effect patch first!

All I can say is:

Just this weekend, this thread has added a ton of pages--and several updates to the patch.

sconix, you've been working overtime, brother, I hope you get a well-deserved break!

And: THANK YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    You talking about Janne Julkunen?
    Yup, exactly. Excuse my ignorance, but that seems like a female name to me.

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    It wont install, even after removing all the patches that conflict with this patch.
    I have the older version of this patch (advanc config for app launcher) installed on my phone but it does not appear in "installed packages" preware list. (sorry for the long list below) Thanks

% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    4 28524 4 1155 0 0 2461 0 0:00:11 --:--:-- 0:00:11 4246
    100 28524 100 28524 0 0 28574 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 35610
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":1, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":1 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    5 out of 11 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    4 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/reorder-controller.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    21 out of 21 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/app-info-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/dialogs/app-info.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/models/launcher-pages.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/controllers/more-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/controllers/app-info-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/views/more/dialogs/app-info.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/views/more/otherapp-item.html.rej
    Apply anyway? [n]
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/views/more/palmapp-item.html.rej
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Great Patch! Iif you hide an app, is there a way to unhide it?
    launcher open, drop down menu/default applications/

Follow the link below.