Page 31 of 72 FirstFirst ... 21262728293031323334353641 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    thanks for the killer patch!!!
    didn't install @ first, but deleted 'unhide dev mode' and all was good.

seeing the options for icon renaming and moving got me thinking:

is there any way to copy and save a launcher icon, perhaps into the usr folder? Reason being for web links saved as custom launch icons. I sure would like to save, restore and maybe share those.

thanks again!!
    Use the WebOS Internals Save/Restore app for that.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    if you set the grid to large and icon size to small it way smaller than the 4x4 patch !!! i dont know how you think thats to big lol . it makes it 5x5 in the launcher lol
    smaller?...the icons are freakin huge!!...do i need a luna restart or will a gesture swipe back be enough?
    if you set the grid to large and icon size to small it way smaller than the 4x4 patch !!! i dont know how you think thats to big lol . it makes it 5x5 in the launcher lol
    Quote Originally Posted by tserna View Post
    smaller?...the icons are freakin huge!!...do i need a luna restart or will a gesture swipe back be enough?
    you must need something, as Shadavis08 is right; here is large grid and small icon (without the titles, but that doesn't affect icon size) and they are much smaller than the 4x4 patch- i used to use that too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    what version patch should I have for the icons?
    would love to install this patch, but it gives me hunk errors. I made some manual mods to the global search assistant file. Could that be causing the errors?

Sprint Pre-
    UK Screenstate 500/1ghz
    Mode Switcher--RULES !!!
    Advanced preferences by Sconix
    Lots of patches
    could be! Post the errors you are getting here.
    that also looks like an awesome app. I might be missing something, but I'm not finding a way to save launcher icons which are web links.
    after hitting the save application data scroll down to the launcher bar . this one saves all web links in launcher
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    you must need something, as Shadavis08 is right; here is large grid and small icon (without the titles, but that doesn't affect icon size) and they are much smaller than the 4x4 patch- i used to use that too.
    wow...then idk everyone...trust me i would not be here complaining if it wasn't working for me......
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    what version patch should I have for the icons?
    the newest one that came out a couple of hours ago , there is also an update coming out today some time i believe lol

Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    would love to install this patch, but it gives me hunk errors. I made some manual mods to the global search assistant file. Could that be causing the errors?
    all launcher patch conflict with this patch including but not positively
    hide app vender
    unhide dev mode
    unhide usb passthrough
    almost all themes
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    wow...then idk everyone...trust me i would not be here complaining if it wasn't working for me......
    ok then what happens when you set it to small , small on both icons and grid ? set it and then back swipe . i get small icons with 3x5 grid
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  11.    #611  
    If the preferences wont take effect when you back swipe away then try restarting luna. I don't know why but some rare occasions the launcher has not subscribed to the settings. The upcoming version tries to fix this.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    that also looks like an awesome app. I might be missing something, but I'm not finding a way to save launcher icons which are web links.
    after hitting the save application data scroll down to the launcher bar . this one saves all web links in launcher
    neve, you mean you want to save the pictures of the icons, not the URL, right? if so, search for sql database and you can find out what to download to edit that file (this enables you to have 'permanent' icons for websites, otherwise webos changes the icon on the web launcher page each time you visit that page)
    Quote Originally Posted by everette13 View Post
    neve, you mean you want to save the pictures of the icons, not the URL, right? if so, search for sql database and you can find out what to download to edit that file (this enables you to have 'permanent' icons for websites, otherwise webos changes the icon on the web launcher page each time you visit that page)
    that only happens in the web browser view not in the launcher
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    could be! Post the errors you are getting here.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    PATCH INSTALLATION Sun Aug 29 18:10:44 EDT 2010
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Contains text patch
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher/app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.patch
    Contains additional files

----------------------------------
    Dry run patch attempt...
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/sources.json
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 36 (offset 3 lines).
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 332 (offset 23 lines).
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 360 (offset 23 lines).
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 257 (offset 45 lines).
    Hunk #2 succeeded at 289 (offset 45 lines).
    Hunk #3 succeeded at 306 (offset 45 lines).
    Hunk #4 succeeded at 319 (offset 45 lines).
    Hunk #5 succeeded at 335 (offset 45 lines).
    Hunk #6 succeeded at 349 (offset 45 lines).
    Hunk #7 succeeded at 364 (offset 45 lines).
    Hunk #8 succeeded at 394 (offset 45 lines).
    Hunk #9 succeeded at 1791 (offset 45 lines).
    Hunk #10 succeeded at 1846 (offset 45 lines).
    Hunk #11 succeeded at 1875 with fuzz 1 (offset 65 lines).
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/reorder-controller.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 8 with fuzz 2.
    Hunk #12 FAILED at 1246.
    Hunk #16 FAILED at 1510.
    2 out of 21 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/app-info-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/dialogs/app-info.html
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/models/launcher-pages.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css
    Hunk #1 succeeded at 343 (offset 1 line).
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/controllers/more-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/controllers/app-info-assistant.jsjsjs
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/views/more/dialogs/app-info.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/views/more/otherapp-item.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/views/more/palmapp-item.html
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/appinfo.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/appinfo.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.usbpassthrough/appinfo.json
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.usbpassthrough/app/controllers/usbpassthrough-assistant.jsjsjs

dry run failed, checking if -R would succeed
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/sources.json
    Unreversed patch detected! Ignore -R? [n]
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/sources.json.rej
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    3 out of 3 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/app/controllers/bar-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    11 out of 11 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/reorder-controller.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    4 out of 4 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/reorder-controller.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    21 out of 21 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/launcher-scene.html.rej
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/app-info-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/app-info-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/dialogs/app-info.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/launcher/dialogs/app-info.html.rej
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/models/launcher-pages.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/models/launcher-pages.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/controllers/more-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    5 out of 5 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/controllers/more-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/controllers/app-info-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/controllers/app-info-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/views/more/dialogs/app-info.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/views/more/dialogs/app-info.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/views/more/otherapp-item.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/views/more/otherapp-item.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/views/more/palmapp-item.html
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.deviceinfo/app/views/more/palmapp-item.html.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/appinfo.json
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.pdfviewer/appinfo.json.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/appinfo.json
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phoneprefs/appinfo.json.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.usbpassthrough/appinfo.json
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.usbpassthrough/appinfo.json.rej
    patching file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.usbpassthrough/app/controllers/usbpassthrough-assistant.jsjsjs
    Apply anyway? [n]
    Skipping patch.
    1 out of 1 hunk ignored -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.usbpassthrough/app/controllers/usbpassthrough-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$

Installation FAILED!
    2 out of 21 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    ls -R /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher:
    additional_files
    app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.patch
    package_list

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher/additional_files:
    usr

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher/additional_files/usr:
    lib

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher/additional_files/usr/lib:
    luna

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher/additional_files/usr/lib/luna:
    system

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher/additional_files/usr/lib/luna/system:
    luna-applauncher

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher/additional_files/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher:
    app

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher/additional_files/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app:
    controllers
    views

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher/additional_files/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers:
    prefs-assistant.jsjsjs

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher/additional_files/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views:
    prefs

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher/additional_files/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/views/prefs:
    prefs-scene.html
    *** FAILED ***
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If the preferences wont take effect when you back swipe away then try restarting luna. I don't know why but some rare occasions the launcher has not subscribed to the settings. The upcoming version tries to fix this.
    that's what is was...simple luna restart...geez...sconix and everyone else..thanks for helping me with this!!
    did you look and see what apps conflict with this patch ?? the unhide passthrough and dev mode patched themes and any launcher patch , these all conflict with this patch . you still have a bunch installed that need to be removed from the look of it lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    that's what is was...simple luna restart...geez...sconix and everyone else..thanks for helping me with this!!
    your welcome
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    one more question..how do you guys take an error and post it here?...been wanting to learn that
    one more question..how do you guys take an error and post it here?...been wanting to learn that
    open phone in usb mode and open it and look for web os internals patches log and open it with notepad or word pad and copy and paste into the text box on here.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    open phone in usb mode and open it and look for web os internals patches log and open it with notepad or word pad and copy and paste into the text box on here.
    Or alternatively, if you have Internalz, you can email the file to yourself.