Page 3 of 72 FirstFirst 12345678 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    I asked for that too.
    But you need to ask Sconix, the developer who has his own thread.
    thanks mannyman, its prolly because that other thread doesn't come up when you search for the patch by name. I think..
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    I agree totally, and thats what i did but i can't keep the quick launch bar hidden....have it set to always hide but when i minimize a card to swipe it away the quick launch bar comes back...you have to open then close launcher to make it hide again....am i the only one having this problem??
    I have the same problem as well. For example, with the launcher set to "Always Hidden", I launch an app, swipe up to go into card view, and the quick launcher returns and won't go away until I swipe up again to bring up the launcher. Also, if I'm looking at my blank home screen (quick launcher hidden) and I get a text message, when I tap on the small message icon to expand the notification area and see the partial message, tapping away from the notification area or just swiping the message away makes the quick launch bar pop up again, and it will stay there until I swipe up on the gesture area. I assume this behavior happens with any kind of icon in the notification area. I eventually turned the quick launch bar back on because the "Always Hidden" option isn't being very true to its name (at least on my device). The only patch I have that touches the launcher is the "glass effect" patch. Any suggestions on getting the quick launch bar to truly stay hidden?
    ^I just recently applied this patch and noticed this behavior. Doesn't really bother me all that much. I used JR's hide quick launch patch before so this is definitely different. However, I love this all-in-one patch! Fixing this issue would be gravy. Great job on the patch Sconix!!!
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Having the same issue too. "Always hide quicklaunch" doesn't always hide. Minimizing an app then closing it leaves the quicklaunch on the screen. Goes away when a new app or Launcher is opened.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    Is is possible to backup all the new launcher pages created? I have created quite a few.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Love this Patch!

One surprise, when I Doctored, the new pages were retained (but not the Page names).

Is that expected?
    Last edited by TomD; 06/23/2010 at 04:29 PM.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    I have this installed. It is a must.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Love this Patch!

One surprise, when I Doctored, the new pages were retained (but not the Page names).

Is that expected?
    yes number of pages you have is backed up on your palm profile....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    yes number of pages you have is backed up on your palm profile....
    Humm, that must be the first patch data to make it into Palm's backup.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by zeigan View Post
    Having the same issue too. "Always hide quicklaunch" doesn't always hide. Minimizing an app then closing it leaves the quicklaunch on the screen. Goes away when a new app or Launcher is opened.
    I'm experiencing the same annoying problem.

Has anyone found a solution? Otherwise, this patch is PHENOMENAL!
    thanks for this... the title of this thread should have [patch] written on it!

a must have

installed with it the glass effect and the 4x4 icons ver 5
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I just unistalled this patch but now I noticed there are still extra launcher pages.

how do I delete the extra pages. ?
    reinstall patch and delete extra pages before un installing, or just install the patch to add/delete pages and then delete the pages then uninstall the patch
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    reinstall patch and delete extra pages before un installing, or just install the patch to add/delete pages and then delete the pages then uninstall the patch
    Thanks,
    I reinstalled patch and deleted my extra pages. Do you happen to know if it's crucial to rename the pre-existing pages back to their original names?

If so what are the orig page names?

BTW. I'm uninstalling due to the anticipated webOS update. Do you know if uninstalling this patch is necessary?
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    Thanks,
    I reinstalled patch and deleted my extra pages. Do you happen to know if it's crucial to rename the pre-existing pages back to their original names?

If so what are the orig page names?

BTW. I'm uninstalling due to the anticipated webOS update. Do you know if uninstalling this patch is necessary?
    i am not uninstalling any patches. i have not been doing that for the past 2-3 updates because patches are AUPT. (automatic update patch technology?)

the ones really for uninstalling are the themese and the overclocking ones...
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    i am not uninstalling any patches. i have not been doing that for the past 2-3 updates because patches are AUPT. (automatic update patch technology?)

the ones really for uninstalling are the themese and the overclocking ones...
    themes yes, absolutely, overclocking kernels, prolly will not function correctly for a little while until the dev team can update the kernels with the latest source code from palm. I guess it hasent been posted yet so it might take a bit before they are updated..

I would for sure do a little research about which patches need removal prior to the webOS update. look at it this way, leaving the patches that are needing to be removed prior to the update will most likely need to get doctored. leaving the kernels, dr needed, taking 20 minutes to "prep" your phone for the update and taking kernel AND patches off will save you some headaches later..
    some patches can stay, but there are a few that can't, so being safer than sorry is better here.. besides, how long does it take you to overclock and patch your phone? only takes about 15 - 20 minutes for me..

sj
    Last edited by sjsharksfan; 07/20/2010 at 08:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    you mean I didn't need to uninstall the patches?

oh well next time.
    I am having an issue with this patch. I try to edit the launcher, the edit page (with add/delete, rename etc) opens and there is a white box menu with the pages listed. I can't actually use the editor because of the page menu. If I click outside of the page menu box, the whole launcher closes and I am left with just my wallpaper. What on earth am I doing wrong here? I had the glass effect patch installed but removed it, thinking that was why my editor kept disappearing, but that didn't help. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Is there a limit on the number of pages one can have? I can not add any new pages. I have ten pages - created originally with the add/delete pages patch. I assume that adding pages is done via the + key on the edit mode page. The remainder of the functions seem to be working correctly.

Tony
    metus delenda est

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." -- Edmund Burke

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Remember, it's not the fall that kills you, it's the sudden stop when you reach the bottom." -- Jumpmaster, Ft. Benning, 1965
    Yes, you are limited to 10 launcher pages. I think I remember reading on the add/delete pages thread that someone edited the patch to allow more than 10 pages, but I don't remember if it worked or not...