Page 27 of 72 FirstFirst ... 17222324252627282930313237 ... LastLast
  1.    #521  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    so what's the new version (.50) do? I've started checking this thread before updating to make sure I don't need to delete or do anything to the current patches.
    Only minor changes, nothing big coming anymore to this patch Time to move on my next patches once I get the bottom of this universal search bug.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    do the folks having issues with he universal search have the command line patch installed? Could that be part of the issue? Thanks again for really going above and beyond what the original patches did. I think I love the ability to hide any app and still find it by simply typing the name!
  3.    #523  
    Quote Originally Posted by k91191 View Post
    Yes, there is a bug in the universal search. If you change the name of any app, it'll always show up, no matter what letter you search for.
    Now I see the problem, don't know why I did not notice it previously. And it seems only to be problem with one letter. More than that it seems to work well. Time to see why the regexp is misbehaving with one letter. Oh well still have to do one more release
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    It should not conflict, I tested both: transparent / glass effect patch and both worked perfectly.
    Well, I just downloaded the .50 update. As soon as I change the grid or icon size, my launcher goes back to the ugly gray background. As soon as I do a luna restart, my glass effect comes back.

Btw, if I have the page header displayed, medium grid, and medium icons, all icons and titles are displayed and spaced properly (4x4). However, if I turn off the page header and keep everything else the same, one more row of icons appear at the bottom but their titles won't fit on the screen (4x5). It looks there is enough room for you to just remove 1 or 2 rows of pixels in between each row of icons to make enough room for the last row's titles. Is that possible? The ultimate goal is to avoid having a partial row of icons displayed regardless if the page header is set to show or not or if the titles are set to show or not.

sconix, I do understand this may be more tweaking than you have the desire or time to do. These are just "nice to have" requests. This patch ROCKS regardless if you do anything else to it. Thanks for all of your hard work on your various invaluable patches and Mode Switcher!
  5.    #525  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    with version -50 the icon titles are not returning for me when i turn them back on
    If this happens it means that the launcher has not subscribed to the settings changes. I noticed this happening rarely the next version has a fix for this. Now just restart luna and everything should work again.
  6.    #526  
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Well, I just downloaded the .50 update. As soon as I change the grid or icon size, my launcher goes back to the ugly gray background. As soon as I do a luna restart, my glass effect comes back.

Btw, if I have the page header displayed, medium grid, and medium icons, all icons and titles are displayed and spaced properly (4x4). However, if I turn off the page header and keep everything else the same, one more row of icons appear at the bottom but their titles won't fit on the screen (4x5). It looks there is enough room for you to just remove 1 or 2 rows of pixels in between each row of icons to make enough room for the last row's titles. Is that possible? The ultimate goal is to avoid having a partial row of icons displayed regardless if the page header is set to show or not or if the titles are set to show or not.

sconix, I do understand this may be more tweaking than you have the desire or time to do. These are just "nice to have" requests. This patch ROCKS regardless if you do anything else to it. Thanks for all of your hard work on your various invaluable patches and Mode Switcher!
    I have tested the glass effect and transparent patches many times now and they do work properly with this patch. And I can't see a way how they could not. Both in emulator and in my phone. So if its not working there has to be some leftover from my old patch or older version of glass/transparent patch which work some different way.
    Does this change the preference page gray or just the launcher. I am fine with my scrim image just want the gray preference page to be changed. Does this glass theme everyone is raving about do that?
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I have tested the glass effect and transparent patches many times now and they do work properly with this patch. And I can't see a way how they could not. Both in emulator and in my phone. So if its not working there has to be some leftover from my old patch or older version of glass/transparent patch which work some different way.
    Ok, I'll run EPR, reload everything and let you know how I fare.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Does this change the preference page gray or just the launcher. I am fine with my scrim image just want the gray preference page to be changed. Does this glass theme everyone is raving about do that?
    I love the glass effect patch but I think it may remove your scrim image. It changes the standard gray background color of all launcher pages and makes them a semi-transparent black glossy color. It's HOT! Give it a try and see if you like it. Of course, you can always revert back if you don't.
  10.    #530  
    The prefs page now uses custom class for the background so as long as your patch/theme has not set the body to any other that it is originally (palm-default) then this patch works perfectly with them. Such as the glass / transparent themes they only alter the palm-default class and when exiting the prefs screen the body class is set to that so the launcher gets the original look back.

I just even installed the glass effect on my phone and no problems. Even tested installing that patch first then mine and other way around and still no problems the background stays glass even after prefs screen.
    ok where can one find this glass effect patch/theme?
    it changes almost all grey into the sleek blackish see through like the patch also gets rid od all green in the phone app as well
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    ok where can one find this glass effect patch/theme?
    Preware, list everything,and search for glass effect.
    can I just go to prethemer.com I found two glass effect images by sygarc
    its in pre themer themes . just type in glass effect and i would install the alternate version because its a little darker and much more sleek in my opinion
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    finally was able to install new patch update. I was uninstalling all related patchs but still had the offline error. I finally got patch to install by adding the unhide dev patch back on for some reason uninstall caused the offline error. The only issue now is when I go to preferences it changes glass back to gray and have to restart to fix. Is there something I need to fix to correct that...an updated glass patch maybe. This is an awesome patch!!! Thanks to All for making my phone better everyday!!! Who else can say that!!! Certainly not iphone...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    it changes almost all grey into the sleek blackish see through like the patch also gets rid od all green in the phone app as well
    getting rid of the green phone dialer?!? Ya just sold me! Thx!!

updated.

ok I don't know why I have never done a theme before. This is slick. Thx!
    Last edited by Hrolf; 08/29/2010 at 01:14 PM.
  18.    #538  
    I just fixed the universal search bug so now it behaves with one letter search too

Will wait for hour or two before pushing this if other problems are reported so hopefully next release is the last. Then I get to work on the other patches. I will post a list here about what I am currently working on when we have decided how we are going to handle the revised distribution. At least I am lobbing for an idea that this kind of "full" patches would have a separate category in Preware to make it easier to find this kind of patches and then to move on others.
    looking at the changes it makes I don't see where this is changed. Can the glass effect change this screen?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    getting rid of the green phone dialer?!? Ya just sold me! Thx!!
    yes it gets rid off alllllll green in the phone except the little phone icon even the green in the call log is alllll gone lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη