Page 25 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 1431
  1. dvdmon's Avatar
    Posts
    599 Posts
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    #481  
    I've uninstalled all the other patches mentioned as well as my one theme, restarted and can still neither update ACAP nor even remove it. I get the error:

    Failed
    -1 Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm 2>&1

    And it repeats once as well.

    Any ideas would be helpful!
    Twitter: @dvdmon

  2. #482  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I am thinking of making configuration patch for the universal search as well, if I do that would include this.
    holy cow! I'd be stoked for that! I've been waiting for a year!
  3. #483  
    I just wanted to say that I learned that if you go to the List All Applications page, you can unhide any hidden apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  4. agiudici's Avatar
    Posts
    64 Posts
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    #484  
    Same error cant update or remove to update to 49 version.

    Failed
    -1 Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm 2>&1
  5. #485  
    Quote Originally Posted by dvdmon View Post
    I've uninstalled all the other patches mentioned as well as my one theme, restarted and can still neither update ACAP nor even remove it. I get the error:

    Failed
    -1 Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm 2>&1

    And it repeats once as well.

    Any ideas would be helpful!
    It looks like you still have either a theme that affects your launcher or a 4x4 5x5 patch installed. Double check to make sure all launcher related patches are removed. If you go into usb mode and look at webos-patches.log find this patch and where the error is and post the files it references.

    HelloNNNewman had a similiar error and here is how he fixed it
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Uninstalled the 'wrap pages' and '4x4(v3)' patches and performed a Luna restart. I was then able to reinstall the 'Advanced Configuration' patch again! Sweet! I'm sorry I haven't been following this thread more closely!



    Thanks you guys!
  6. #486  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    Both of those icons are shown "by default" by the Advanced Launcher Patch.

    It's intended that you will use the "Hide" feature if you wish to remove them.
    So why is it asking me for a Palm Code then?...I dont have the code. The original patch never asked for a code.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  7. #487  
    Quote Originally Posted by ppcjacky View Post
    i also cant install ACAP i have already remove all patch but cant install it
    Just read the IPK error log. It pretty much tells you what to delete.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  8. #488  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    So why is it asking me for a Palm Code then?...I dont have the code. The original patch never asked for a code.
    With 1.4.0 I believe it started it asking for it. There is a program that lets you get the code if you ever need it.
  9. #489  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    With 1.4.0 I believe it started it asking for it. There is a program that lets you get the code if you ever need it.
    Oh. I used it in my 1.4.1.1 days and it didnt ask for a code. I remember using it for ebaggs gps standalone hack. Do you mind directing me to the program if possible?
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  10. papazoo's Avatar
    Posts
    26 Posts
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    #490  
    I really like this patch. The app launcher animation seems more laggy when swiping than it did before, though, when I had all of those other patches (glass, 4x4 v3, hide icons patches, etc) I'm using 1 Ghz Uberkernel. Is it for anyone else?
  11. #491  
    Quote Originally Posted by papazoo View Post
    I really like this patch. The app launcher animation seems more laggy when swiping than it did before, though, when I had all of those other patches (glass, 4x4 v3, hide icons patches, etc) I'm using 1 Ghz Uberkernel. Is it for anyone else?
    my launcher is faster than ever!...Did you try turning on page wrapping?..I turned that on and now I don't have to deal with the page switching annoying animation!
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  12. #492  
    I like the animation so I have wrapping off, lol.

    here is a thought. With the launcher preferences, you've basically built an app. If you put all options from the patch in there, does anyone think that, as an app, it could get accepted by palm for the app catalog?
  13. #493  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    With 1.4.0 I believe it started it asking for it. There is a program that lets you get the code if you ever need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    So why is it asking me for a Palm Code then?...I dont have the code. The original patch never asked for a code.
    The "Enable USB Passthrough" Patch does more than just unhide the "USB Passthrough" icon also, it also bypasses the validation screen where you are being prompted for the code.
  14. #494  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    I like the animation so I have wrapping off, lol.

    here is a thought. With the launcher preferences, you've basically built an app. If you put all options from the patch in there, does anyone think that, as an app, it could get accepted by palm for the app catalog?
    It looks like an app and acts sort of like an app, but it's not an app, it's a patch through and through. It directly modifies system files (and many of them), and therefore can never be officially accepted by Palm.

    Apps generally run in a self-contained folder and never directly modify system files.
  15. #495  
    Quote Originally Posted by fryedchikin View Post
    The "Enable USB Passthrough" Patch does more than just unhide the "USB Passthrough" icon also, it also bypasses the validation screen where you are being prompted for the code.
    Yeah, i figured. But it doesnt work like that for me
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  16.    #496  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Well..i uninstalled everything i thought would miss with it and it installed with no problems. But when i checked my launcher menu, Dev mode launcher and USB passthrough is still there too and i deleted both of those patches. It even appears on Preware as deleted lol. Oh well, i guess i'll just leave it there. It doesnt work though. USB Passthrough just shows this now
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    So why is it asking me for a Palm Code then?...I dont have the code. The original patch never asked for a code.
    I had the code to disable the usb passthrough code thing, but it was accidentally left out of the patch. Is included in the next release though.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  17. jdod's Avatar
    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    #497  
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Love the upgrades sconix - great work. Unfortunately I have to go back to 1.4.5-45 too as I just can't give up 4x4v3 spacing.
    I personally like Sconix's patch settings of:

    1) medium grid size and 2) small icons with 3) titles on

    over the 4x4v3 patch look and feel.

    Also no need for the unhide dev mode icon.

    I removed both 4x4v3 and unhide dev mode and will continue to rock forward with you Sconix, you have done a great job here.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  18. #498  
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    I had the code to disable the usb passthrough code thing, but it was accidentally left out of the patch. Is included in the next release though.
    Cool. Cant wait!
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  19. #499  
    *****************************************
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    NICE! The Glass Effect" is even better than the "Transparent..." patch. Thanks!

    O.K., now there's another problem: I went into the Launcher menu and then to Preferences to make some adjustments. When I try to close the menu/preferences page, it doesn't allow it. It will go away with a swipe, but then it's the only thing that comes back up when swiping to get the launcher with all my apps!

    It required a restart to get things back to normal. Did this several times. Of course, it's only a problem when I want to make changes in Preferences, but a bit of a pain.

    Anyone know what's going on?! Thanks.
    **********************************
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    After you set your prefs, swipe back to get to app launcher.
    DUH! on me!

    Thanks, Freshyz, for helping the *****!


    [By they way, when's the update comin'?! ]
    Last edited by Pre in MN; 08/29/2010 at 10:17 AM.
  20. #500  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    It looks like an app and acts sort of like an app, but it's not an app, it's a patch through and through. It directly modifies system files (and many of them), and therefore can never be officially accepted by Palm.

    Apps generally run in a self-contained folder and never directly modify system files.
    ugh, palm should accept and review patches for the catalog also

Posting Permissions