Page 23 of 72 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 1431
  1. #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I used to use the 5x5 icon patch. Now I'm using grid size = Large , icon size = small, and what I'm seeing is basically 5x4.

    Any possible way to adjust the grid so that 5 rows of icons are visible?
    another suggestion, which looks very clean, is not using the icon titles (there is a little much space vertically). i'm using those settings, have the tabs displayed at the top and have 6 rows of 5 icons visible; acutally improved over the 5x5 v1 patch....if no titles are OK.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  2. #442  
    Quote Originally Posted by activedodger View Post
    Second edit: looks like I can't install the Transparent Launcher patch--DANG! I love the look! Anybody have suggestions?

    You could try the installing the "Glass Effect Suite Theme". It allows for transparency and should look great with your black wall paper.
    NICE! The Glass Effect" is even better than the "Transparent..." patch. Thanks!

    O.K., now there's another problem: I went into the Launcher menu and then to Preferences to make some adjustments. When I try to close the menu/preferences page, it doesn't allow it. It will go away with a swipe, but then it's the only thing that comes back up when swiping to get the launcher with all my apps!

    It required a restart to get things back to normal. Did this several times. Of course, it's only a problem when I want to make changes in Preferences, but a bit of a pain.

    Anyone know what's going on?! Thanks.
  3. #443  
    sconix, as has been mentioned, there is an odd behavior involving the glass effects patches (and themes it seems). i have the 'glass effect' patch for the launcher, and the patch does not conflict with yours, but yours "overrides" it.

    if i install the patch last and restart luna, the glass effect is there. it stays until i open the preferences option in the menu, at which point once closed the gray background comes back. i can un/reinstall the glass patch and the effect is there until i open the preference option again.

    dont know if the same thing happens with the themes.

    edit: pre in MN, posted at same time, but i'm not sure what you're seeing with this "...but then it's the only thing that comes back up when swiping to get the launcher with all my apps!" mine works fine except for overriding the glass effect patch... so it does seem to do the same with the themes?
    Last edited by everette13; 08/29/2010 at 01:37 AM.
  4. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #444  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre in MN View Post
    NICE! The Glass Effect" is even better than the "Transparent..." patch. Thanks!

    O.K., now there's another problem: I went into the Launcher menu and then to Preferences to make some adjustments. When I try to close the menu/preferences page, it doesn't allow it. It will go away with a swipe, but then it's the only thing that comes back up when swiping to get the launcher with all my apps!

    It required a restart to get things back to normal. Did this several times. Of course, it's only a problem when I want to make changes in Preferences, but a bit of a pain.

    Anyone know what's going on?! Thanks.
    After you set your prefs, swipe back to get to app launcher.
    Last edited by Freshyz; 08/29/2010 at 01:54 AM.
  5. #445  
    Hey.. not sure what's going on here. I have (had) this patch installed on my phone and saw there was an update tonight when I checked (along with a Preware update). I hit the 'Update All' button and got an error when it tried to update this patch. Now the patch is no longer on my device and I can't get it it install.

    When I try to re-install I get the following:

    download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    49 28586 49 14007 0 0 12497 0 0:00:02 0:00:01 0:00:01 19373
    100 28586 100 28586 0 0 23970 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:--:-- 35957
    identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    install
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher (1.4.5-49) to root...
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher (1.4.5-49) to root...
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher (1.4.5-49) to root...
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher (1.4.5-49) to root...
    Begin installation of org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    Installing org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher (1.4.5-49) to root...
    Configuring org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst)
    mkdir-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    install-prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/reorder-controller.jsjsjs.$rej$
    5 out of 21 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)
    delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    Anyone have any thoughts on how I can get this fixed??

    Thanks!
  6. #446  
    you need to remove all launcher patches ie.. 4x4 5x5 etc remove patches that unhide developer mode and usb passthrough remove list lite launcher
  7. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #447  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Hey.. not sure what's going on here. I have (had) this patch installed on my phone and saw there was an update tonight when I checked (along with a Preware update). I hit the 'Update All' button and got an error when it tried to update this patch. Now the patch is no longer on my device and I can't get it it install.

    When I try to re-install I get the following:



    Anyone have any thoughts on how I can get this fixed??

    Thanks!
    Try uninstalling ALL individual app launcher patches then install this one. There are 1 or 2 others that might conflict but try that first.
  8. #448  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Try uninstalling ALL individual app launcher patches then install this one. There are 1 or 2 others that might conflict but try that first.
    I'll give it a try... thanks for the suggestion. Can't figure out what the heck happened during that update.
  9. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #449  
    Beat me to it M.

    I reverted back to -45 to get 4x4v3 back. Just right now.. .
  10. #450  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I'll give it a try... thanks for the suggestion. Can't figure out what the heck happened during that update.
    THis patch now replaces all launcher configurations and unhides or hides icons dynamically. It also hides icon titles so if you have that installed remove that as well.
  11. #451  
    I have created a patch to move the app launcher scrim to the internal USB drive, in the same vein as the scrim statusbar or scrim contacts patch. It is fully compatible with the Advanced Launcher patch.

    The new location for the scrim is: /media/internal/scrims/applauncher/scrim-applauncher.png

    The default scrim is not changed by the patch, however I have included my own take on the launcher in the same directory, with the filename scrim-applauncher-MM.png. Rename this to scrim-applauncher.png to get the same effect as in the screenshot below. MM is for "Medium/Medium", because this specific .png only works with Medium grid and Medium icons. This is included as an example of what can be done with the launcher image.

    The purpose of this patch is to allow anyone to make their own scrim for their launcher, now that one main patch is available to 'rule them all'. If there is enough interest, I'll submit it to Preware, but I really have no idea if this is something people want.

    If I can figure out how to do it, v2 will change the scrim depending on the Advanced Launcher Preferences settings, allowing different scrim files for different grid/icon settings.

    edit: there is a slight bug where it resets if the Adv. Launcher preferences screen is opened. Fixed by a Luna Reset.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
  12. #452  
    Uninstalled the 'wrap pages' and '4x4(v3)' patches and performed a Luna restart. I was then able to reinstall the 'Advanced Configuration' patch again! Sweet! I'm sorry I haven't been following this thread more closely!

    Thanks you guys!
  13. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #453  
    Try out the new prefs. If you really liked 4x4v3 you may not be stoked on the new style like myself. Everything else is pretty slick though.. .
  14. #454  
    I've gone ahead and played with the setting already and have it back to 4x4. It's a bit different (printing smaller?) but I'm fine with it. It's really nice to have all of these options in one place with the ability to change them around in the Preferences. Very slick
  15. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    #455  
    Yes this has made all launcher options way convenient.
    It just makes the icons a little smaller and spreads them out vertically a little bit. It's all good though.
  16. Mutt's Avatar
    Posts
    29 Posts
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    #456  
    i had the ipkg error as well. I followed the comments here & removed all the hide app patches but I didn't think to remove the unhide dev mode patch. removing that patch fixed it & I was able to install this

    thanks.
  17. #457  
    Actually, I just switched it up to Grid Size = Large, Icons=Medium and I like the 5x5 size. I never used that setting before, but I can definitely get used to it! It became an instant default for me.

    Before I reinstalled this patch I also removed the 'Reduce Drag Radius' patch. This new patch definitely feels like I still have that installed. Very responsive.
  18. #458  
    Quote Originally Posted by tobias funke View Post
    I have created a patch to move the app launcher scrim to the internal USB drive, in the same vein as the scrim statusbar or scrim contacts patch. It is fully compatible with the Advanced Launcher patch.

    The new location for the scrim is: /media/internal/scrims/applauncher/scrim-applauncher.png

    The default scrim is not changed by the patch, however I have included my own take on the launcher in the same directory, with the filename scrim-applauncher-MM.png. Rename this to scrim-applauncher.png to get the same effect as in the screenshot below. MM is for "Medium/Medium", because this specific .png only works with Medium grid and Medium icons. This is included as an example of what can be done with the launcher image.

    The purpose of this patch is to allow anyone to make their own scrim for their launcher, now that one main patch is available to 'rule them all'. If there is enough interest, I'll submit it to Preware, but I really have no idea if this is something people want.

    If I can figure out how to do it, v2 will change the scrim depending on the Advanced Launcher Preferences settings, allowing different scrim files for different grid/icon settings.

    edit: there is a slight bug where it resets if the Adv. Launcher preferences screen is opened. Fixed by a Luna Reset.
    The glass effect and my launcher scrim patch do the exact same thing and can be used w/ any size grid or icons. no need for another one.
    same here after you set your preferences luna restart and all back to normal.
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


  19. Econdor's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #459  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    I'm getting the identical error message and it's driving me crazy. And if it's that I still have a patch installed that's conflicting, then Mick better get that ****** white towel to the mat asap because I'm just about to lose my mind.

    Checked Preware. Checked WOSQI. Checked Internalz (v1.3 looks amazing btw). And checked them all not twice...and not thrice...but foice...yep, foice! And I can't figure this out.

    So I guess my question is...is that what that line of the error msg means? Thanks...I'm thinking it might be time to run EPR...

    ~P.Sout
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/29/2010 at 03:33 AM. Reason: language
  20. #460  
    Quote Originally Posted by econdor View Post
    I'm getting this error message. If it's that I still have a patch installed that's conflicting then Mick better get the white towel to the mat asap because I'm just about to lose my ****** mind. Checked Preware. Checked WOSQI. Checked Internalz (v1.3 looks amazing btw). And checked them all not twice...not thrice...not even frice....but fice!!

    So I guess my question is...is that what that line of the error msg means? Thanks...I'm thinking it might be time to run EPR...

    ~P.Sout
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2631690



    I didnt look back to see what your specific problem is so forgive me if this has been covered.

    Remove ALL launcher patches, also any theme you may be using (just in case there is an embedded patch) also remove any patch that hides an app as well as the unhide devmode or usb passthrough patches.

    Hope this helps, BTW the linkabove explains how to read the postinst
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 08/29/2010 at 03:34 AM. Reason: edited quoted text
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

    If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

    Follow the link below.


Posting Permissions