Page 22 of 72 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    Notice:

I think we can all agree that sconix's patch is a work of WebOS art, and should be one of the only available launcher patches in Preware, due to its comprehensive nature, and the idea that one customizable patch is better than a dozen patches that all do one thing.

Here is my suggestion: As sconix said, his patch is easily customizable. I suggest that the authors of the patches in question (4x4v3, 5x5v1, etc.) all create versions of their patches that modify sconix's Advanced Launcher patch to use their variables, and release them to Preware as sub-patches to sconix's patch.

I did this myself for my own patch (before he tweaked the settings) and found it was an incredibly easy process. I don't even know javascript but I was able to create a simple patch to change the variables for the icons, so I have no doubt that the creators of the patches in question can also do this.

I think this is a sensible solution to allow everyone the chance to experience sconix's patch, and to allow those who like slightly different settings to have them.

And I am even willing to make these patches in a few days if the developers have not stated their desire to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Love the upgrades sconix - great work. Unfortunately I have to go back to 1.4.5-45 too as I just can't give up 4x4v3 spacing.
    if you make the icon large and grid size medium its almost the same as the 4x4 v3 in my opinion

edit
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Sconix can you add the option to have original named apps not show up in universal search when the app is renamed please. If a app is renamed it only shows up for that name and not the original name at all. Thanx.
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    How would I go about doing that??
    Uninstall the current version and then go here to download the older version you want.

Index of /feeds/webos-patches/1.4.5/

You can then install the ipk via Quick Install or, once you transfer the file to your Pre, Internalz.
    is there a list of all the patches this uber patch conflicts with?
    anything that affects the launcher will effect this patch and wont let you install it lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    is there a list of all the patches this uber patch conflicts with?
    Pretty much any launcher patch or patch that hides an app,

You should start by removing all patches like above then install sconix's patch
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    anything that affects the launcher will effect this patch and wont let you install it lol
    he's totally serious, remove those app launcher patches, kids
    I used to use the 5x5 icon patch. Now I'm using grid size = Large , icon size = small, and what I'm seeing is basically 5x4.

Any possible way to adjust the grid so that 5 rows of icons are visible?
    I don't know what's going on because, as far as I can tell, I uninstalled all App Launcher patches and Hide App patches and then I also removed Advanced Configuration for App Launcher before trying to update it. Unfortunately, I got the following "Postinst" fail/error messages:

*2 out of 21 hunks FAILED--saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    *1 out of 8 hunks FAILED--saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej

Does that make sense? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    pre in mn do you have any launcher patches 4x4 5x5 lite list launcher
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    I used to use the 5x5 icon patch. Now I'm using grid size = Large , icon size = small, and what I'm seeing is basically 5x4.

Any possible way to adjust the grid so that 5 rows of icons are visible?
    Go back to version 1.4.5-45 and install 5x5 v1 patch.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Oops! Sorry, I forgot one patch--the 4x4 patch. I was just able to install the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher patch--COOL! Now I have to tweak it, e.g., figure out how to make the launcher transparent because my wallpaper is just black and it makes everything look real cool.

mamouton: just saw your post after I posted this--great minds think alike! Thanks anyway!

Second edit: looks like I can't install the Transparent Launcher patch--DANG! I love the look! Anybody have suggestions?
    Last edited by Pre in MN; 08/28/2010 at 11:04 PM. Reason: saw mamouton's post after posting; can't go transparent
    I ask for a list because it seems it would be easier to check a list off then look for patches that may or may not be affected. I'd never have assumed the unhide developer patch would have given issues. There seems to be a few people that are having issues figuring out what is and is not a problem patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.rej

Uninstall the Unhide Dev Mode Icon patch, had the same problem.

Thank you! I understand how to read the error log now too. Thanks again !
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hrolf View Post
    I ask for a list because it seems it would be easier to check a list off then look for patches that may or may not be affected. I'd never have assumed the unhide developer patch would have given issues. There seems to be a few people that are having issues figuring out what is and is not a problem patch.
    Sconix's patch unhides all of the hidden icons for you, so you don't need the other "unhide..." patches. Remove any of those, plus any patch that affects the Launcher's physical layout like 4x4, 5x5, etc, fade bar & arrows; patches that hide or change the quick-launch bar including the one that doesn't allow removing the PDF viewer (***?), then you should be all set. If it still fails to install, check the install log to find out what's conflicting and get rid of it.
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
    Second edit: looks like I can't install the Transparent Launcher patch--DANG! I love the look! Anybody have suggestions?

You could try the installing the "Glass Effect Suite Theme". It allows for transparency and should look great with your black wall paper.
    damn I just updated with no issue. Got my prefs set and restarted luna and that horrible grey background is gone. LOVE this patch. Thanks Sconix!
    does the glass effect theme mess the glass effect patch up at all? I've never used a theme before.
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    awwwwwwwwww. the newest update to this patch conflicts with the "lite list launcher" patch.. sighs.. i really liked that patch.. so much that i may have to inconveniently use multiple patches that modify the launcher they way that this one does or maaaaaaaaybe you (mr. sconix) you could add this patch into yours?