Page 21 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1116171819202122232425263171 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by garavin View Post
    Great update to an already outstanding patch, Sconix!

Just one question... why does your patch conflict with the Unhide Dev Mode and Dev Mode Switcher patches? And as a followup, is there any way to incorporate the functionality that those patches provided (maybe another option accessible through your System Menu Mods patch)?

You might also consider adding a note to your changelog stating that all app launcher patches and Dev Mode patches should be removed before installing yours.

On an OT note, it'd be great if Preware could tell us what patch(es) or files are in conflict when an error occurs (though I'm getting better at reading the ipkg log), and in the case of a patch conflict, give the user the ability to remove the conflicting patch. Not complaining though... All you folks at WebOSInternals are true geniuses!
    It is included in the patch when you do a gesture+tap you get a popup that has the hide or unhide function.
  2.    #402  
    Quote Originally Posted by garavin View Post
    Great update to an already outstanding patch, Sconix!

Just one question... why does your patch conflict with the Unhide Dev Mode and Dev Mode Switcher patches? And as a followup, is there any way to incorporate the functionality that those patches provided (maybe another option accessible through your System Menu Mods patch)?

You might also consider adding a note to your changelog stating that all app launcher patches and Dev Mode patches should be removed before installing yours.

On an OT note, it'd be great if Preware could tell us what patch(es) or files are in conflict when an error occurs (though I'm getting better at reading the ipkg log), and in the case of a patch conflict, give the user the ability to remove the conflicting patch. Not complaining though... All you folks at WebOSInternals are true geniuses!
    Thanks, it conflicts since this patch unhides all hidden icons since you can hide them dynamically if needed. And I will update the text a bit for next release so it would say it more clearly what is needed to be removed.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    If anyone has Icon organizer patch installed it needs to be removed as the new grid size adjustment conflicts. It was another new added feature, thanks sconix! My unhide develop mode icon patch still works fine.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Just noticed the apps are spread length wise more and I can no longer fit 5 rows down fully with titles unless I go 'medium' on size which is a bit small being used to 4x4v3. I believe this was a lot of peoples favorite setup and wondered if they could tightened up a bit vertically down the road? I know, friggin picky.. .
    Also, the 'Reset Position' option does not work for me..?

( Glass Effect Suite Theme works perfectly fine for me. Never uninstalled it before this awesome patch )
    Everybody wants some!..
    freshyz do you have the latest update he updated to .48 that fixed this problem I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Ya, just updated 5 minutes ago and it still reloads to where it left off instead of the top. That's what it's supposed to do correct??

I'm at 1.4.5-49 actually.

haven't used the feature you are mentioning yet
    well i dont know what the problem was but i had to epr my phone before i was able to install both this patch and the glass effect theme , but they are working together lol yay !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    freshyz do you have the latest update he updated to .48 that fixed this problem I believe.
    Ya, just updated 5 minutes ago and it still reloads to where it left off instead of the top. That's what it's supposed to do correct??

I'm at 1.4.5-49 actually.
    Everybody wants some!..
    dang he just updated it to .49
    Changes??
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Thanks, it conflicts since this patch unhides all hidden icons since you can hide them dynamically if needed. And I will update the text a bit for next release so it would say it more clearly what is needed to be removed.
    Thanks Sconix, I was just looking through my Pre after installing your patch and noticed the previously hidden icons. More genius!
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    Try my SteamPunk'd Theme!
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    The man's a MACHINE!
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers
    and he lives in Finland I believe!!! I find that super cool, for some reason. Cool country.

Sprint Pre-
    UK Screenstate 500/1ghz
    Mode Switcher--RULES !!!
    Advanced preferences by Sconix
    Lots of patches
    I had to go back to 1.4.5-45 because I like the 5x5 v1 patch way too much.
    Thanks for all your hard work sconix!!
    i can not hide any apps in my launcher ? how is it supposed to work . i tap on list apps and tap on app to hide , but then it does nothing ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i can not hide any apps in my launcher ? how is it supposed to work . i tap on list apps and tap on app to hide , but then it does nothing ??
    gesture+tap you will see the popup menu
    ok kool . thanks alot ! but what is the list all apps hide button for then lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    Love the upgrades sconix - great work. Unfortunately I have to go back to 1.4.5-45 too as I just can't give up 4x4v3 spacing.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    Love the upgrades sconix - great work. Unfortunately I have to go back to 1.4.5-45 too as I just can't give up 4x4v3 spacing.
    How would I go about doing that??
    Everybody wants some!..
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    ok kool . thanks alot ! but what is the list all apps hide button for then lol
    So you can unhide hidden apps.
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by solarus View Post
    I was running that patch too, along with the Remove Icon Titles patch; it looked great. I've found the Medium grid, Large icon settings in Sconix's patch gives a perfect 4x4 with page headers on and icon titles off. Not everyone's cup of tea but it works for me. With icon titles on it's more like 4x3.5...
    Proud Pre Early Adopter
    My wallpapers