Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567 12 52 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jfbuckingham View Post
    i've removed all launcher patches, but i still can't get the advanced config launcher patch to install. i keep getting the error message: "2 out of 13 hunks failed." is there anything else i can do? i'd really like to have this useful patch!
    do you have many patches installed? when you go to preware then installed packages then patches, what's the number? if its not many, try to list them, I can try and see which one might be conflicting. (again, im not the author, just offer to assist you if I can)
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Gesture tap for info and delete is COMPATIBLE with this patch. Just installed it AFTER installing this patch and it is working great.

excellent! Thanks for the post, i didn't even think to try that, I tried the advanced launcher option one and it was a no go, so I didn't test any others. Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by compuseum View Post
    Looks like a great patch but after installation, popping up the launcher is everything but smooth. Look like it pops up halfway and then pops to fullscreen. When I close and re-open the launcher several times in a row, the animation gets smoother but still very choppy compared to the unpatched launcher.

I had several patches installed that do what your patch does ("hide Quicklaunch bar", "Named pages in Launcher", "Reset scroll position") and never had that "problem" before.
    For me, its other way round: lot faster than individual patches
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsharksfan View Post
    excellent! Thanks for the post, i didn't even think to try that, I tried the advanced launcher option one and it was a no go, so I didn't test any others. Thanks again!
    You cna hit thanks! Since I dont have many thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by compuseum View Post
    Sure it's faster, but the laucher does not come up in a smooth motion any more.
    You are right, it is slightly choppier but faster.
    Great patch but the always hide quick launch bar option is not working properly, have it set to always hide but after closing a card it stays untill you slide up launcher then slide it back down, then it hides.....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    Great patch but the always hide quick launch bar option is not working properly, have it set to always hide but after closing a card it stays untill you slide up launcher then slide it back down, then it hides.....
    hmm, I don't have this problem, hopefully you can figure out which patch is causing problems for it..
    hmm, I don't have this problem, hopefully you can figure out which patch is causing problems for it..
    I don't have any other launcher patches installed because this patch takes care of all the separate ones i had installed, but if i have a card open then swipe up to minimize it the quick launch bar is there...not auto hiding until you bring launcher up....
    "The union forces me to allow you to go to lunch in spite of the way you've played. Those of you with consciences will not be able to eat. And those of you whose consciences match your talents... go stuff yourselves. I hope you choke".....Maestro, The Money Pit
    have you tried both settings? 1 is for hide all the time, and the other does exactly as you describe, hides in launcher only, thats the setting I like personally.
    do you have many patches installed? when you go to preware then installed packages then patches, what's the number? if its not many, try to list them, I can try and see which one might be conflicting. (again, im not the author, just offer to assist you if I can)
    thanks so much for the offer, sjsharksfan. i finally got it to work. i'd overlooked my 4x4 patch...i didn't think that one wouldmake a difference, but it did. Thanks, again. :-)
    Treo 700p - Centro - Treo 800w - Treo Pro - Palm Pre
    have you tried both settings? 1 is for hide all the time, and the other does exactly as you describe, hides in launcher only, thats the setting I like personally.
    I have it set to hide all the time, i like the clean home page look, i use the wave.....once i swipe the launcher up and then down it hides as it should but only untill minimizing another card then its there again...
    This patch is is worth removing all patches that do anything to your launcher, Install this and then try to install any others, If they don't work then trust me you would rather have this multipatch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    This patch is is worth removing all patches that do anything to your launcher, Install this and then try to install any others, If they don't work then trust me you would rather have this multipatch.
    I agree totally, and thats what i did but i can't keep the quick launch bar hidden....have it set to always hide but when i minimize a card to swipe it away the quick launch bar comes back...you have to open then close launcher to make it hide again....am i the only one having this problem??
    Quote Originally Posted by vbockius View Post
    I agree totally, and thats what i did but i can't keep the quick launch bar hidden....have it set to always hide but when i minimize a card to swipe it away the quick launch bar comes back...you have to open then close launcher to make it hide again....am i the only one having this problem??
    you might be the only one, it might be an isolated issue with your configuration. Have you tried removing, reboot, then reinstalling the patch?
    When did this patch appear in Preware?

This is essentially a perfect implementation (with appropriate personalization) of an ideal Launcher experience.

Clearly many many thanks are still due to the original authors of some of these concepts in particular (among others) Jason R for hide launcher bar and lmorchard for Named Pages, but Sconix' implementation is just spectacular!!

The only improvement I could imagine some people requesting (and I personally like it better this way) is the left-right animation when changing pages.
    Why don't you guys join the party here....
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannyman View Post
    Why don't you guys join the party here....
    nice,thx,didnt realize it was that same patch
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    When did this patch appear in Preware?

This is essentially a perfect implementation (with appropriate personalization) of an ideal Launcher experience.

Clearly many many thanks are still due to the original authors of some of these concepts in particular (among others) Jason R for hide launcher bar and lmorchard for Named Pages, but Sconix' implementation is just spectacular!!

The only improvement I could imagine some people requesting (and I personally like it better this way) is the left-right animation when changing pages.
    It had to be a few weeks ago,looks like its been in the works for a while from that other thread
    Hi all,

Just tried it out and would like one feature added if possible?

I had a custom patch (not available anywhere), that allowed me to change the color of the named pages title text.

Could add to the edit function a way to change the color from the standard 'white' in the title.

Thanks

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi all,

Just tried it out and would like one feature added if possible?

I had a custom patch (not available anywhere), that allowed me to change the color of the named pages title text.

Could add to the edit function a way to change the color from the standard 'white' in the title.

Thanks

Rob
    I asked for that too.
    But you need to ask Sconix, the developer who has his own thread.
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
Page 2 of 72 FirstFirst 1234567 12 52 ... LastLast