Page 19 of 72 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242969 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    The search should find the app with the new name also.. at least it does for me.
    yeah, that looks to be true. I was looking to replace it, but that's cool
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    so I was hoping that when I rename an app, univ. search would call it up by the name I gave it, not it's original name. But that didn't work lol
    Did you lunarestart?
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

I am pretty sure that the only problem is the launcher.css that these patch modify. And altering the theme a bit might make it compatible.
    im not able to do that and have not the knowledge to do that either lol but thanks for everything you have done . this patch rocks even if i cant update to the newest version . it virtually elliminates a dozen patches with out this update . thanks again ! oh and if you figure it out let us know lol . i just cant go without the glass effect theme it is awesome and beats that ugly grey everywhere lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by 2sslow View Post
    Did you lunarestart?
    I mean the new name would replace the universal search, so that you couldn't find that app by it's old name, just the new one. That's what I was trying. But instead, universal search can find them by either original name or given name
  5.    #365  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    Re: 4x4 icons w/titles, the spacing in the latest release is perfect -

But, the font seems about 1pt too large, as I'm noticing many icon titles are now wrapping to a 2nd line, that didn't before when I was using 4x4 v3... (Accuweather Save/Restore)

and, the titles that do have 2 lines (and, boy, do i hate that), now "bump" into the icons below them.

If the font were just a bit smaller, I think these issues would be resolved.

I also just noticed the glass effect seems to have turned gray again... ;-/

Great patch!
    But the problem is that even I would put out the font 1pt smaller then there still would be name / grid / icon size combinations where its once again only matter of 1 pixel. What I try to say that the situation is always different for everyone and if someone wants 100% perfect fit for theirs then they need a personal patch. But it is really easy to patch the spacing of my patch...

Then again renaming apps should help many to get the texts as they wish.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    ok patch is working now thanks, i miss the 5x5 v1 patch already cuz all my patches on a page showed up perfectly without having to scroll down at all. i adjusted the grid size to large and icon sizes to small its close. if i prob remove the icon titles that will fix it up. oh well this patch is much more important to me, i like 2 b organized
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  7.    #367  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    im not able to do that and have not the knowledge to do that either lol but thanks for everything you have done . this patch rocks even if i cant update to the newest version . it virtually elliminates a dozen patches with out this update . thanks again ! oh and if you figure it out let us know lol . i just cant go without the glass effect theme it is awesome and beats that ugly grey everywhere lol
    I was kinda suggesting that maybe the author of the theme will fix it a bit when he gets my patch installed
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  8.    #368  
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    ok patch is working now thanks, i miss the 5x5 v1 patch already cuz all my patches on a page showed up perfectly without having to scroll down at all. i adjusted the grid size to large and icon sizes to small its close. if i prob remove the icon titles that will fix it up. oh well this patch is much more important to me, i like 2 b organized
    If you are using header then don't worry I already pushed a new version that has icon spacing fixed when using header (full icon rows with every grid size).
    If you are using header then don't worry I already pushed a new version that has icon spacing fixed when using header (full icon rows with every grid size).
    thanks u r amazing man!
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    I was kinda suggesting that maybe the author of the theme will fix it a bit when he gets my patch installed
    oh congrats on your promotion as well !!!!! its great to have another talented programer join the webOS team !! yeah but will he do that for us ?? thats the question lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I tried renaming "Spaz" to "Twitter" and universal search was able to find both the old and the new name. This behavior is great and works as I expected.

I then tried renaming "Spaz" to "Spaz Twitter" expecting that universal search would pick up either Spaz or Twitter since there is a space in the name. However, universal search did not pick up Twitter, which seems to be a bug because it picks up the second word in other app names (Google Voice, Sprint Navigation, etc).
    sconix one last request before you check it off your list. Can you add the option to change the preference page to the dark theme? No big deal if you can't but would match everything else I have.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    sconix one last request before you check it off your list. Can you add the option to change the preference page to the dark theme? No big deal if you can't but would match everything else I have.
    if you could use the glass effect theme you wouldnt need to do that !! lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts

It sure will! ;-) Forgive me if I missed something but is that ability available now? If so, point me in the right direction, and I'll be happily changing all those pesky two line app titles tonight!!

If not, I will await this feature quietly... :-)
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    I tried renaming "Spaz" to "Twitter" and universal search was able to find both the old and the new name. This behavior is great and works as I expected.

I then tried renaming "Spaz" to "Spaz Twitter" expecting that universal search would pick up either Spaz or Twitter since there is a space in the name. However, universal search did not pick up Twitter, which seems to be a bug because it picks up the second word in other app names (Google Voice, Sprint Navigation, etc).
    Just tested it and you're right.
    I don't use any themes too much work. I have some customized icons and have deleted the splash cards for a truly transparent look
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post

It sure will! ;-) Forgive me if I missed something but is that ability available now? If so, point me in the right direction, and I'll be happily changing all those pesky two line app titles tonight!!

If not, I will await this feature quietly... :-)
    hold the orange/white button then tap the app icon you want to change a popup menu comes up and you have the rename option
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    hold the orange/white button then tap the app icon you want to change a popup menu comes up and you have the rename option
    Or gesture+tap.
    what does reset position do? i assumed that if it was on that it resets u back to ur default page but it deoesnt seem to do anything when i set it on or off
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    what does reset position do? i assumed that if it was on that it resets u back to ur default page but it deoesnt seem to do anything when i set it on or off
    If you scroll down a page, it'll revert back to the top when changing through pages.