Page 18 of 72 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Backswipe will get you back to launcher scene...
    Thanks. And once again, I (along with everyone else, I hope) appreciate all the work you have put into your apps/patches. The Pre is such a better device for your efforts. I hope everyone who can donates to compensate you for your time and effort.
    i had to load the 4x4 patch, is this going to be added to this patch ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by mksand28 View Post
    im getting an error installing -48 update im afaraid to reset my device now becauswe the patch is not showing up as installed anymore but it is still working...i know if i reset the patch will be gone....again
    What error are you getting post that and you could get some help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    i had to load the 4x4 patch, is this going to be added to this patch ?
    It already is under preferences you need to change grid and icon sizes
    The Glass Effect patch no longer works but didn't halt the install. Everything works great, thanks!
  6.    #346  
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnugy View Post
    The Glass Effect patch no longer works but didn't halt the install. Everything works great, thanks!
    At least I can install the glass effect and it works with the latest version.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    ok this is what I'm getting

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 28464 100 28464 0 0 53012 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 68258
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":7, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 21 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
  8.    #348  
    ok this is what I'm getting

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 0
    100 28464 100 28464 0 0 53012 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 68258
    Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher
    Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":7, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":7 , "status":"SUCCESS" }
    Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.
    Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1
    2 out of 21 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs.$rej$
    1 out of 8 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/stylesheets/launcher.css.rej
    Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)
    Delete
    Nothing Interesting.
    Failed
    Nothing Interesting.
    I guess you have some of the 4x4 etc. patches installed. Remove that since this patch allows configurable grid size.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    great patch, but confirmed not compatible with lite list launcher. But there's no going back once you get advanced configuration!
    hey before i install this new update . is it compatible with the glass effect theme ?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    hey before i install this new update . is it compatible with the glass effect theme ?
    see sconix's response
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    At least I can install the glass effect and it works with the latest version.
    ok i'll try that i have 5x5 v1
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    see sconix's response
    im asking because there is a glass effect patch and a glass effect theme
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Sconix may have a better grasp on this but Id say since glass effect theme has the glass effect launcher patch built in and the current version of this patch removes the G/E launcher patch, Id say it will be a problem!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

ok i'll try that i have 5x5 v1
    yes that is the conflict remove and install this patch. Then go to preferences and change your grid and icon sizes and it will be just like before.
    so I was hoping that when I rename an app, univ. search would call it up by the name I gave it, not it's original name. But that didn't work lol
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Re: 4x4 icons w/titles, the spacing in the latest release is perfect -

But, the font seems about 1pt too large, as I'm noticing many icon titles are now wrapping to a 2nd line, that didn't before when I was using 4x4 v3... (Accuweather Save/Restore)

and, the titles that do have 2 lines (and, boy, do i hate that), now "bump" into the icons below them.

If the font were just a bit smaller, I think these issues would be resolved.

I also just noticed the glass effect seems to have turned gray again... ;-/

Great patch!
  18.    #358  
    Quote Originally Posted by patricksmangan View Post
    so I was hoping that when I rename an app, univ. search would call it up by the name I gave it, not it's original name. But that didn't work lol
    The search should find the app with the new name also.. at least it does for me.
    ok well this update will not work with the glass effect theme . that stinks !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
  20.    #360  
    ok well this update will not work with the glass effect theme . that stinks !
    I am pretty sure that the only problem is the launcher.css that these patch modify. And altering the theme a bit might make it compatible.