Page 16 of 72 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920212666 ... LastLast
    Yes I don't know what else you could do to it. maybe add the fileindex scan from Jason's advanced launcher patch. There is no way to have them work together your patch is too complex.
  2.    #302  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Yes I don't know what else you could do to it. maybe add the fileindex scan from Jason's advanced launcher patch. There is no way to have them work together your patch is too complex.
    It would be easy job to get the Jason's advanced options patch to play nice with mine. I think its only the menu entry adding that is causing the problems since both edit the menu entries.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    yes and the only thing that yours doesn't include is the fileindex scan everything else you already have. Can you add that function at some time before you cross it off your todo list?
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I'm at -47 but can't update to -48. This is the only App Launcher patch I have installed.

Are there known issues with this update?

Additionally, I cannot remove -47.
  5.    #305  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluedonut View Post
    I'm at -47 but can't update to -48. This is the only App Launcher patch I have installed.

At least the changes was very small so it should install just fine.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
  6.    #306  

Additionally, I cannot remove -47.
    If you cannot remove them some patch has modified something so that it cannot uninstall.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    If you cannot remove them some patch has modified something so that it cannot uninstall.
    I'm resetting LUNA right now to see if that helps.

For clarification, if I want to use the Glass Effect, should I also install that patch or will that be bundled into the Advanced Configuration patch?
  8.    #308  
    I'm resetting LUNA right now to see if that helps.

For clarification, if I want to use the Glass Effect, should I also install that patch or will that be bundled into the Advanced Configuration patch?
    You need to install it separately, won't be bundling it since I think that kind of changes belong to theme not to preferences.
  9.    #309  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    yes and the only thing that yours doesn't include is the fileindex scan everything else you already have. Can you add that function at some time before you cross it off your todo list?
    I have kept the rule that I only add features that I can see useful for normal users. And can't see any use for the fileindex so won't add it, but nothing prevents making a patch from that so that it adds that to my patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    Got the update, the icons are evenly out perfectly w/out any titles crossing over together.. Good job!!
    Yeah, well, now it's all fubar for me, and it was perfect in -47. Anybody know how to patch this?
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I just made a donation! Keep up the great work. This patch, the top bar patch and Mode Switcher are all fantastic.
  12.    #312  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Yeah, well, now it's all fubar for me, and it was perfect in -47. Anybody know how to patch this?
    May I ask in which way its fubar for you? Just out of curiosity..
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    LOVE this patch!!!

I have a black scrim for my device info. Without the patch, the font is white in the software section inside device info. When I install the patch, the font becomes black and I cannot read the installed software. Not really a problem since I dont look at that much but since I want to hide some apps, I cannot see them to unhide them. Is there anything that can be done with that font or is my only option to remove the black scrim from device info? Thanks a lot.
    I have kept the rule that I only add features that I can see useful for normal users. And can't see any use for the fileindex so won't add it, but nothing prevents making a patch from that so that it adds that to my patch.
    Thanks for the info. I tried making the patch but gave up your patch was too complex so my workaround is using internalz and moving a file to get it to scan.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Still cannot get up to -48.

failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.rej
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm 2>&1
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher/appinfo.json.rej
    Last edited by bluedonut; 08/28/2010 at 04:18 PM.
    May I ask in which way its fubar for you? Just out of curiosity..
    Well, I mean, it's not fuBAR, fubar, but I use a 4x4 grid, no icon titles, Page Name Header, No Arrows, No Page Indicators, and I keep Quick System Tasks in my dashboard. In -47, the icons at the bottom didn't spill up onto the screen, but they do now and the only way to get rid of the spill is to remove the page headers, which leaves me with 5x4 instead of 4x4 and well, no page headers. I mean, I guess everyone's got a different set up and all, so, you know.

screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Attempted update from -47 to -48 failed.

Removed 4x4v1 grid patch, rebooted, attempted to update to -48, failed

Removed -47, rebooted, attempted to install -48, failed.

Removed 'Glass Effect', rebooted, attempted to install -48, failed.

No other launcher patches installed.

Log as follows

==========

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    50 28464 50 14209 0 0 26050 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 50565
    100 28464 100 28464 0 0 51417 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 98491

Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher

Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }

Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.

Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.

Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1

Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)

Delete
    Nothing Interesting.

Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

===========

This kinds stinks since I can't get -47 back and I can't install -48. Any help would be profoundly appreciated.
    "Hopefully it's taking so long because they are upgrading the cameras, adding a 4G radio, higher resolution screen, NFC, a gyroscope, fingerprint reader and an app that builds you and island and then transforms the phone into a jet and flies you there." - Blue Duck Butter, on the Pre 3 release.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    EDIT: Never mind, I didn't completely read the post.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapVanVoila View Post
    Attempted update from -47 to -48 failed.

Removed 4x4v1 grid patch, rebooted, attempted to update to -48, failed

Removed -47, rebooted, attempted to install -48, failed.

Removed 'Glass Effect', rebooted, attempted to install -48, failed.

No other launcher patches installed.

Log as follows

==========

Download
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    50 28464 50 14209 0 0 26050 0 0:00:01 --:--:-- 0:00:01 50565
    100 28464 100 28464 0 0 51417 0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 98491

Identify
    org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher

Install
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, {"returnValue":true , "ticket":3, "subscribed":true}
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"STARTING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"CREATE_TMP" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"VERIFYING" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"IPKG_INSTALL" }
    ** Message: serviceResponse Handling: 2, { "ticket":3 , "status":"SUCCESS" }

Mkdir-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.

Install-Prerm
    Nothing Interesting.

Postinst
    -1: Unable to run command: IPKG_OFFLINE_ROOT=/media/cryptofs/apps /bin/sh /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/info/org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.postinst 2>&1

Remove
    Removing package org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher from root...
    (offline root mode: not running org.webosinternals.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher.prerm)

Delete
    Nothing Interesting.

Failed
    Nothing Interesting.

===========

This kinds stinks since I can't get -47 back and I can't install -48. Any help would be profoundly appreciated.

it appears as if you have reinstalled the unhide developer mode icon uninstall that patch if you have it installed.
    After removing several patches, -48 installed. I like the continue additions that consolidate many individual patches. I use to use the 4x5 Icons patch. Could you add a mode for icon size and grid size to allow for 4x5 icons per screen with and without text? I really got use to having that many icons on the screen, and going back to 3x4 seems silly.

Great work!!!!

Mark