Page 15 of 72 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565 ... LastLast
  1.    #281  
    Found a way to make patch fully compatible with glass effect patch. So the release that I do a bit later today will fix that issue.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by sconix View Post
    Yes the spacing is fixed in my current release to be much better. At what grid/icon sizes there was title over running? I haven't notices this with my app names so please tell so I can fix for next release.
    In my case, App Catalog and Google Maps are beside each other.. And those titles re running over together..
  3.    #283  
    Quote Originally Posted by GridIron21 View Post
    In my case, App Catalog and Google Maps are beside each other.. And those titles re running over together..
    Thanks, will do bunch of other tests to make sure that the titles are correctly spaced too.
    Developer of Mode Switcher app & Advanced System Menus / System Prefs / Launcher Configuration patches
    - If you like my app or the patches and wish to donate, then use this link. Even small donations are appreciated and will motivate the further development of the Mode Switcher and my patches. For list of all my WebOS related work see here.
    I didn't even look to see who responded. Just assumed it was Sconix. Thanks for your help too. Still donated to Sconix though.
    Quote Originally Posted by My3boys1217 View Post
    I didn't even look to see who responded. Just assumed it was Sconix. Thanks for your help too. Still donated to Sconix though.
    No problem. Sconix has did major work with this one. I am just glad to be able to help out.
    the updated patch preference screen is much more usable now. thx!! any updates on the ability to use Universal Search on the renamed apps??
    Wow! Awesome patch, Sconix! I had problems installing too until I realized everything it now does. Just about every patch I had for the App Launcher you have taken and implemented in an all-in-one patch. I had soo many patches for the app launcher, it was such a hassle to run any sort of webos update/doctor/or other process that removed patches. Thanks for making this al accesible through the menus!
    @sconix off topic but have you thought about tinkering with the ignore call with text patch? It works now but some updates would be great.
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    toddk did you ever get it installed? Post your webos-patches.log where the error is showing and we can help.
    I don't know how i missed it but, I didn't realize that the 4x4 type patches needed to be removed too! d-ooh!

Glass effect came back w/ reset, as noted here earlier, and I agree w/ others that the icon spacing is a little "off" - I liked 4x4 v3 - it was perfect... (edit - I read here that the icon spacing is being tweeked as I type...) ;-)

...and I'd love to be able to edit the icon names/titles on the fly as well - I'd shorten all of them to be just one line of text... i tried turning icon titles off altogether, but didn't like the "empty" look, personally.

thanks again for all your help.
    Last edited by ToddK; 08/28/2010 at 03:21 PM.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Once again..Sconix Rocks!! I'm almost dreading Webos 2.0 now. Sconix has really mde my Pre what it was meant to be!
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Will be donating again!
    Im having a problem. I have this patch installed. But its telling me i can install the patch with the new update. But i get some weird error. Ill post it soon.

Edit.

I got it working thanks!
    dstachnik you have to uninstall all launcher patches and any patches that unhide apps. sometimes the patch you need to uninstall won't be obvious post your webos-patches.log where the error begins or your ipkg log errror.
  14.    #294  
    @sconix off topic but have you thought about tinkering with the ignore call with text patch? It works now but some updates would be great.
    Not sure about that, but my next patch "project" is advanced system preferences. This might be a bit off that target though. But lets see you never know what I decide to do
  15.    #295  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddK View Post
    I don't know how i missed it but, I didn't realize that the 4x4 type patches needed to be removed too! d-ooh!

Glass effect came back w/ reset, as noted here earlier, and I agree w/ others that the icon spacing is a little "off" - I liked 4x4 v3 - it was perfect... (edit - I read here that the icon spacing is being tweeked as I type...) ;-)

...and I'd love to be able to edit the icon names/titles on the fly as well - I'd shorten all of them to be just one line of text... i tried turning icon titles off altogether, but didn't like the "empty" look, personally.

thanks again for all your help.
    The patch has ability to rename the apps.... You can even set <br> in the name to force line brake And the spacing was tweaked for -48 which is out now.
    The patch has ability to rename the apps.... You can even set <br> in the name to force line brake And the spacing was tweaked for -48 which is out now.
    Someone needs to write a user manual just for this app. I didn't know you could rename app titles. Cool!!
  17.    #297  
    Someone needs to write a user manual just for this app. I didn't know you could rename app titles. Cool!!
    Wiki page is coming, for now first post of:
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2630993

tells some of the "hidden" features.
    Not sure about that, but my next patch "project" is advanced system preferences. This might be a bit off that target though. But lets see you never know what I decide to do
    I look forward to that I wish you would update your device menu to include the gps icon. I know off topic but if you do decide to tinker with the ignore call with text patch in this forum I am sure many would be willing to donate.
  19.    #299  
    I look forward to that I wish you would update your device menu to include the gps icon. I know off topic but if you do decide to tinker with the ignore call with text patch in this forum I am sure many would be willing to donate.
    At least the gps icon and couple other I am planning to include to my device menu patch. At some point when I get back again adding things to those patches. For now at least this advanced app launcher cfg patch is out of my todo list.
    Got the update, the icons are evenly out perfectly w/out any titles crossing over together.. Good job!!